+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC process to Add Family member born in Canada in application

abarra

Apr 18, 2015
Hey All,

I need help. My wife gave birth my son last month in Canada and I would like to declare him in my application. I sent a birth certificate via IRCC Webform to the CIC office and they sent me this as answer:

"To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,
(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
A copy of the family member’s valid passport,
Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required."

I'm not sure what to do! I don't know the ADD-ON meaning so I don't know what to fill or what not.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks!

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Hey abarra,

Congratulations on the new arrival.

I am also in the same situation. My wife gave birth to boy baby here in Canada in July and we just received his Birth Certificate.
Could you please let me know what are all the forms do we have to fill and do we need Passport for our baby.

Thanks!