sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaazdeh said:
It does definitely make sense and it will look organized. Thank you so much for putting so much time to answer my question.

I do appreciate if you can answer my next question.

I used to be an international student and then I became PR. when I put my landing date and travelling dates it seems my days count from April 24th, 2010, my latest passport's issue date is 30th April, 2010... Do I need to include the copy of my old passport because of those 6 days?!!!. As in my old passport I do have some 2008 stamps that need a translation, I am wondering if I include the old passport, should I include the translation of old stamps as well?

+1 for you :)

Thank you so much
Hey, you are very welcome.

I will divide my response to two - 1) CIC requirements and 2) My recommendation.

As per CIC is concerned you will need the biographical copies of the passports you had in the LAST 4 Years preceding your date of application, which means if you sign your application on May 20, 2014 - you will need copies of the passport relevent from period May 20, 2010 to May 20, 2014. If I were you I would include all pages having stamps and of course pages with your pictures (bio) of these passports (that is, since May 2010)... In your case, it will be ONE passport (the latest one). Must include the RENEWAL page of the passport that says you had a passport with so and so number prior. This will take you to my recommendation below.

My recommendations:

Since you have the PR landing Visa on the older passport, I would actually include the bio pages of the previous passport, RENEWAL page of the passport and the PR landing Visa.

What I did:

Took copies of every single page of the last two passports (I was in your situation as well). Translated them because I had few stamps from Dubai and Abu Dhabi stamps with some Arabic stamps. In this case, I had stamps of the last 7-8 years... (not many though).

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Sept15,

wait....I thought in the new CIT application all they want is the photocopy of the "biographical pages" which is your information page as well as if any renewal was done - but they definitely DO NOT say give copy of whole passport.

Whereas earlier they explicitly wanted a FULL COPY. Now, all they want is just the bio page.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much Sept15, you are a very kind person. I try to gather all my documents in advance to avoid any possible RQ

Dear US2ROW, I learned in order to avoid RQ include the photocopy of all your passport pages so they can check your travel dates. Some countries stamps are in local languages and not in English, those ones need to be translated by CERTIFIED translator otherwise just copy the pages and submit them.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
Sept15,

wait....I thought in the new CIT application all they want is the photocopy of the "biographical pages" which is your information page as well as if any renewal was done - but they definitely DO NOT say give copy of whole passport.

Whereas earlier they explicitly wanted a FULL COPY. Now, all they want is just the bio page.
you are right, hence, I divided my response into CIC requirements and my recommendations. CIC only requires biographical pages and renewal pages of the passport you had in the last 4 years.