+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CiC may lost my documents. What should I do?

koti

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Hi Guys, please let me know if you encountered a similar situation.

I added my spouse on May and received email from CIC for addtional documents to prove our common-law status. The deadline is June 20, 2016.

I sent hundreds of papers and hunderds of photos to CIC on June 09, 2016. Tracking number shows the package delivered on June 13, 2016

CIC sent me another email on June 23, 2016 says that they did not receive anything before deadline. so they gave a final reminder to sent everything to them in 30 days.

I replied CIC with delivery receipt and tracking number to show them that I have already sent them the documents. No reply from CIC yet.

My question is what should I do now. Is there any chance that CIC my lost my documents? I don't have enough time to prepare it again.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMHO,

I understand that the tracking shows the documents are delivered, but
if they say they didn't, they didn't. Who knows what happen to it.
Of course, there is a chance that they might have lost it, damaged it....
OR maybe it's just getting processed from their mailing room to the right officer.

Nobody knows.
If I were you and immigration to Canada is a must, then I'd prepare another set of documents and send it ASAP.

I had to do simliar to OINP.
produced 200 pages of document twice and sent them it within a span of 2 weeks.

If you're desperate, then you will.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
koti said:
Hi Guys, please let me know if you encountered a similar situation.

I added my spouse on May and received email from CIC for addtional documents to prove our common-law status. The deadline is June 20, 2016.

I sent hundreds of papers and hunderds of photos to CIC on June 09, 2016. Tracking number shows the package delivered on June 13, 2016

CIC sent me another email on June 23, 2016 says that they did not receive anything before deadline. so they gave a final reminder to sent everything to them in 30 days.

I replied CIC with delivery receipt and tracking number to show them that I have already sent them the documents. No reply from CIC yet.

My question is what should I do now. Is there any chance that CIC my lost my documents? I don't have enough time to prepare it again.
As djshshajtm mentioned, send them another batch. But if I were you I would double check with my local MP first. Of course if you are residing in Canada. Your MP's office have their own CIC contacts and they will get back to you within 48 hours. Just go down to their office, explain the situation and they will take care of it. Remember to take your file number / client number and other stuff with you.

Best of luck,