+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC called me and canceled the citizenship test because of the weather - Halifax

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Hello
Anyone here from Halifax Nova Scotia got a phone call from CIC saying tomorrow citizenship exam is canceled because of the weather???

Please share if you got a phone call,,,, I am afraid it is fake I do not miss my citizenship test.

Thank you all

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello
Anyone here from Halifax Nova Scotia got a phone call from CIC saying tomorrow citizenship exam is canceled because of the weather???

Please share if you got a phone call,,,, I am afraid it is fake I do not miss my citizenship test.

Thank you all
I think you should call IRCC and confirm.

Client Support Centre contact options
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
You can just go there at scheduled time and find out - if it’s not too far
Totally agreed! You should go to your test centre at the time mentioned in your test invite letter.
There are too many scammers who call people on behalf of IRCC these days . The safest thing is to go to your test centre at the time and date indicated.

Reactions: Stef.

Got sick of waiting

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Totally agreed! You should go to your test centre at the time mentioned in your test invite letter.
There are too many scammers who call people on behalf of IRCC these days . The safest thing is to go to your test centre at the time and date indicated.
Scorph
Thank you very much I went this morning and it was canceled because of the weather ..... I am glad I went and I got the peace of mind.

Thank you again

Reactions: scorph

sambro

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Does any one know in this scenario, how timelines get affected and possible next steps? A new letter comes or they will call if they have a spot?

As things are not in our hands, just trying to understand if anyone has experienced this and if they put such cases to priority?

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does any one know in this scenario, how timelines get affected and possible next steps? A new letter comes or they will call if they have a spot?

As things are not in our hands, just trying to understand if anyone has experienced this and if they put such cases to priority?
They will put you on the next available scheduled oath ceremony.
You don't have to do anything.

AG

Reactions: Got sick of waiting

Ola L

Feb 7, 2019
Ontario

Hi there!
I have the same situation - my test was cancelled yesterday Hamilton, ON. Just wondering how long it will take for them to reschedule it. Did you get the invitation for the new one already?