+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Call Center new policy??

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone recently experienced not getting proper response from the call center inquiring about your application status? This happened to me with three different agents over the past week. All I could get was that your application looks good and in process and I have to call them again in 18 months. They were previously looking into my notes and were giving me an update bit apparently not anymore. I’ve also noted that someone else had the same experience. I assume this could be a new policy due to the high volume of calls to the call centers

janoo

May 16, 2014
Processing time for non routine is 36 months CIC can not do anything until the
processing time past ? my case pending since 41 months after 36 months
past they are active and sending message to my local office let see any progress in
coming months... according to statistic they still have 80000 application over 24
months...

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ironmat500 said:
Has anyone recently experienced not getting proper response from the call center inquiring about your application status? This happened to me with three different agents over the past week. All I could get was that your application looks good and in process and I have to call them again in 18 months. They were previously looking into my notes and were giving me an update bit apparently not anymore. I've also noted that someone else had the same experience. I assume this could be a new policy due to the high volume of calls to the call centers
Try calling on a Thursday or Friday and they do not have huge call volumes. When you get an agent if they give the routine about 24/36 processing time routine. Tell them that you perfectly understand and that you agree that they can't do anything about. Also tell them that you are looking for any update that is their on the file no matter small will help you reduce your anxiety. One in three agent will for sure help you. Again this is not a concrete solution but you can try and has worked for me in the past.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ironmat500 said:
Has anyone recently experienced not getting proper response from the call center inquiring about your application status? This happened to me with three different agents over the past week. All I could get was that your application looks good and in process and I have to call them again in 18 months. They were previously looking into my notes and were giving me an update bit apparently not anymore. I've also noted that someone else had the same experience. I assume this could be a new policy due to the high volume of calls to the call centers
It happened to me once that the call center agent tried to trick me to believe she was looking into my files where she actually didn't (took her less the 5 seconds which is unrealistic to really review the notes). Next time I called there was a nicer lady who really did look into my file and gave me more detailed info. So I don't think its a policy, it is just many of the agent are being not so nice to citizenship applicants.