+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asks for Client Information residential history for last 2 years

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi Folks

CIC asked for my residential history for last 2 years. Just a quick check made me discover that this might be well a prelude to a second medical test. This makes sense as my current medical certificate expires on 22-Apr-2015.

However my Police Clearance certificate was also issues sometime in September 2013.

This is making me wonder will it be a good idea to:

1. Go for an upfront medical test.
2. Start the process to procure a new PCC from India (where I have been residing in the last 1 year) - though I can see that my Criminality certificate is valid till 13-Apr-2016. Security is blanked out so can't comment about that.

Experts please guide me - I am almost in my 15th month now and trying my best to expedite the process.

Thanks and Regards

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
leothelion123 said:
Hi Folks

CIC asked for my residential history for last 2 years. Just a quick check made me discover that this might be well a prelude to a second medical test. This makes sense as my current medical certificate expires on 22-Apr-2015.

However my Police Clearance certificate was also issues sometime in September 2013.

2. Start the process to procure a new PCC from India (where I have been residing in the last 1 year) - though I can see that my Criminality certificate is valid till 13-Apr-2016. Security is blanked out so can't comment about that.

Experts please guide me - I am almost in my 15th month now and trying my best to expedite the process.

Thanks and Regards
I would suggest not to do anything until requested. Just send the residential history they requested.
1. You probably won't need to redo medical. CIC may extend expired medical to additional 12 months based on your residential history.
2. If you want, you can requests new PCC form India but don't send it until requested by CIC.

Sending unnecessary documents my extend application processing time.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
They just want to update your file, don't read too much into it.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leothelion123 said:
Hi Folks

Thanks and Regards
Have you ordered your GCMS notes yet? What does it say?

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Hi Folks

Thanks and Regards
CIC asked me the same. I had sent in a word document my residence history for past two years. After that within two weeks I received the PPR. So don't worry. Just send the information they asked. It took me 15months from AOR to receive the PPR. Good luck.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
retwant said:
Have you ordered your GCMS notes yet? What does it say?
It says Eligibility, Crminality, Medicals: Passed, Security: Blanked out. Criminality valid till 2016 and Medicals till April 2015. Other reqs: Cancelled.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
CIC asked me the same. I had sent in a word document my residence history for past two years. After that within two weeks I received the PPR. So don't worry. Just send the information they asked. It took me 15months from AOR to receive the PPR. Good luck.
Hi Toronto2013

I have sent the info in the reply email instead - they haven't come back to me that it's insufficient.

Anyway were you in Canada - that your medicals got extended?

Thanks and Regards

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Hi Toronto2013

I have sent the info in the reply email instead - they haven't come back to me that it's insufficient.

Anyway were you in Canada - that your medicals got extended?

Thanks and Regards
Yes I am in Toronto.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
leothelion123 said:
Any idea if it could have been the same if you would have been India too?
No idea. CIC didn't acknowledge my email either after sending the details. But after few days ECAS status got updated to medicals received. Hope it will be the same for you. Good luck.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Toronto2013 said:
No idea. CIC didn't acknowledge my email either after sending the details. But after few days ECAS status got updated to medicals received. Hope it will be the same for you. Good luck.
Thanks for your wishes!