+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for Letter of explanation after passport request

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Hello Friends,
I was asked to submit my passport yesterday along with photographs and it was mentioned in the letter that my application now appears complete.
But when I logged into MYCIC today, it shows action required. In the optional documents section I am asked to submit letter of explanation.
I don't know what that means, has anyone else experienced this.
I am worried why they are asking for this document after passport request.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
hedonist10 said:
Hello Friends,
I was asked to submit my passport yesterday along with photographs and it was mentioned in the letter that my application now appears complete.
But when I logged into MYCIC today, it shows action required. In the optional documents section I am asked to submit letter of explanation.
I don't know what that means, has anyone else experienced this.
I am worried why they are asking for this document after passport request.

What is the content of the letter?

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
The letter I got in email was for passport request-
The processing of your application appears complete at this time. Please submit the required passport(s) within 30 days to the Visa Application Center at the address listed below as the issuance of your visa is time sensitive. A service fee is applicable.
They just asked for passports and photographs.

When I log in into mycic, in the optional documents section it says upload letter of explanation. My profile shows as -
Your Action Is Required

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
hedonist10 said:
The letter I got in email was for passport request-
The processing of your application appears complete at this time. Please submit the required passport(s) within 30 days to the Visa Application Center at the address listed below as the issuance of your visa is time sensitive. A service fee is applicable.
They just asked for passports and photographs.

When I log in into mycic, in the optional documents section it says upload letter of explanation. My profile shows as -
Your Action Is Required
i think you can sent your passport as you have their passport request. It should be system glitch as many others also faced the same issue in the past . You can make a CSE meanwhile explaining the current issue and sent the passport to consulate as per the request

I also believe that you have not received any additional doc request in my CIC.

You should be fine

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Already called them, they said since it optional you don't have to really submit anything.....but they do not know what that document is for

The-SpaceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hedonist10 said:
Already called them, they said since it optional you don't have to really submit anything.....but they do not know what that document is for
That's good news. Congrats for PPR.