+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC approval waiting - AINP Stream - a trouble!!!

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
I am working on 4th year H1B in the US, but I have not renewed visa stamp on my passport. If I leave this country I can re-enter only after stamping the visa. I am expecting my PR (AINP stream) approval very soon. Since I have a job here in the US, I want to come back until I have the job here. Is it risky to go to Alberta get the PR card and go to the US counselor for H1B stamping? I have heard from many people that re-entering is pretty difficult on this tough time. Anyone have any thoughts. I appreciate your suggestions.

thank you.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
I am in similar situation. I am planning to go to my home country sometime early next year to get H1B stamped. Once done, then I will go to Alberta for PR and will come back to US and will stay in US either until I complete 6 years on H1 or until I get a suitable job in Calgary.

But I do not want to hit 2 birds with one stone. It's better to go slow and play safe.

Thanks

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Guys,

Plan before you leave US. If possible get your PRR and then leave for stamping. These days its common to get stuck for more than 4 months when you go for stamping. It may be name check, technology alert list (if working in High tech/ biotech) or PIMS.

I traveled in Jan got stuck for 4 months and almost but lost my CIC process only to submit documents on the last day of the deadline.

my 2 cents.

canadiann

Star Member
May 3, 2009
good news - received PPR today

I just received PPR dated august 6 from New York. It says "send pasport within 30 days". I am wondering if I can directly walk to the counsulor and get the visa same day? If any one has any idea, please suggest me. If I send the passport, how long do they take for stamping?

thank you.