+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC AOR Numbers(AINP) in February

chow

Sep 23, 2008
nomad_musafir said:
now that fsw applications will go down in number, i hope to see more progress on ainp-cic aors.
We hope CIC also starts moving on Alberta PNP soon. Since they haven't started PR process for Alberta PNP(H1B) except who had pending FSW applications and converted to PNP.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Do you guys know if we can apply for a job and work right after make our landing in Canada (after cic process), or we need to wait until PR card arrives in our Canadian home (I heard that it takes from 1 to 3 months...)
It will be really difficult to be in a different country with no job (if PR card is needed to work). I think even to rent a place without a job will be difficult..

Akk

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Do you guys know if we can apply for a job and work right after make our landing in Canada (after cic process), or we need to wait until PR card arrives in our Canadian home (I heard that it takes from 1 to 3 months...)
It will be really difficult to be in a different country with no job (if PR card is needed to work). I think even to rent a place without a job will be difficult..

Akk
PR Stamped Visa is enough to start working. But you should have SIN Number for Tax witholdings and Payroll process. Just like in US if you have SSN (Or a letter issued by Social security Administration saying that you applied for SSN) you can start working. In Canada, Once you land, apply for SIN with Alberta address and they will send Social Insurance Number (SIN) at your home address. You can start working once you apply for SIN without getting it. Once you apply they will give you a letter that you applied for SIN and there will be reciept number/Ackonwlegement number on that letter. This number can be used as SIN number untill SIN arrives.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Thank you!! That was my concern, that I would just be able to apply for Canadian SNN (SIN), just after receiving my pr card...
Wonderful that is not like this...How long does it take to get the receipt number/Acknowledgment number you mentioned?

Thanks

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk
PR Stamped Visa is enough to start working. But you should have SIN Number for Tax witholdings and Payroll process. Just like in US if you have SSN (Or a letter issued by Social security Administration saying that you applied for SSN) you can start working. In Canada, Once you land, apply for SIN with Alberta address and they will send Social Insurance Number (SIN) at your home address. You can start working once you apply for SIN without getting it. Once you apply they will give you a letter that you applied for SIN and there will be reciept number/Ackonwlegement number on that letter. This number can be used as SIN number untill SIN arrives.

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Thank you!! That was my concern, that I would just be able to apply for Canadian SNN (SIN), just after receiving my pr card...
Wonderful that is not like this...How long does it take to get the receipt number/Acknowledgment number you mentioned?

Thanks

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk
In Order to get SIN number you don't have to have PR card. As far as job is concerned, Canadian employers are aware that how PR Card and SIN card process works So once you find the job after getting PR Visa, You will be good to join.

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
akk said:
Sorry to hear that it has been more than 2 months for you and no news yet....it means that it is a loooooooong way for me...
I am so anxious that I even had a dream that Tapak received his AOR, hahaha...so sorry it was just a dream!!!
Don't forget to keep us informed....you will probably be the first one to hear from CIC.

Akk

mimingarz said:
Hi guys

U am in the same shoe, I sent in my CIC on Dec 17th
and still anxious to hear from Buffalo

I am a nominee in ANIP by the way, good luck all of u..
Hi akk - Sorry I was down with fever.....logged in after a while.

No I never got app. back for correction.

Best,

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
mimingarz said:
Guys

Finally, finally I got the AOR yesterday, after all those stress, I will do my medical next week
That is such a great news.....So many wishes. Raises good hopes for all.

Blessings!!

desiboy1

Feb 15, 2009
mimingarz said:
Guys

Finally, finally I got the AOR yesterday, after all those stress, I will do my medical next week
A query as well - when was your check encashed? We have pretty close timeline so Im excited as well now.

Wonder if you did have FSW application earlier as well or PNP was your only application. Thx,

chow

Sep 23, 2008
desiboy1 said:
mimingarz said:
Guys

A query as well - when was your check encashed? We have pretty close timeline so Im excited as well now.

Wonder if you did have FSW application earlier as well or PNP was your only application. Thx,
Seems some good news for the following guys:

http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/prn/1525929/

http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/prn/1992597/

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
That means CIC is taking about 9 weeks like ALberta said to issue AOR and medical request for Provincial nominees. Thats Good news congrats to those of you who received AOR and thanks for sharing May God Bless US all