+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC about minimum wage

coolrc_04

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
I am quoting the following Q&A from cic website. How true is it? Do they really dont check wages for CEC?

"Does the one year of work experience to qualify under the Canadian Experience Class include non-paid employment? Is there a minimum wage requirement for qualifying employment?

Non-paid employment does not qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. You must have been paid a wage (or earned a commission) but there is no minimum wage requirement for your qualifying work experience.

Full-time work experience means working at least 30 paid hours per week. To qualify, you must have skilled work experience, meaning work in occupations listed at NOC Skill Type 0 (managerial), or NOC Skill Level A (professional occupations) or NOC skill Level B (technical and trade occupations)."

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
coolrc_04 said:
I am quoting the following Q&A from cic website. How true is it? Do they really dont check wages for CEC?
Well, if your wages are really low for your NOC they will ask questions and try to verify you actually had the duties listed in the NOC.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
coolrc_04 said:

"Does the one year of work experience to qualify under the Canadian Experience Class include non-paid employment? Is there a minimum wage requirement for qualifying employment?

Non-paid employment does not qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. You must have been paid a wage (or earned a commission) but there is no minimum wage requirement for your qualifying work experience.

Full-time work experience means working at least 30 paid hours per week. To qualify, you must have skilled work experience, meaning work in occupations listed at NOC Skill Type 0 (managerial), or NOC Skill Level A (professional occupations) or NOC skill Level B (technical and trade occupations)."
Put yourself in their shoes. If you claim to be a NOC O director of the sales division of ABC Company, and your wage is $12/hour, wouldn't the officer question that? Same thing applies if you are a chef and your wage is $10/hour, they would think you are a cook and should be under a different NOC code.

I have seen hiccups due to this. But it is not a deal breaker in terms of decision making (i.e. they would not determine a rejection on the spot just because your wage seems low. They will at least action something before coming to a decision).

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hi,

i agree with all the replies above,you can not fool CIC officers by claiming a skilled position when your wage is too low,its just logic so better be honest about it.