+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chris Alexander out of office

candream189

Jul 27, 2015
considering Chris is out......now, is it worth to apply for Ontario Nomination Program as they are going to prefer CEC ( i don't have canada exp)??

amritvrk77

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being out of house ..chris should make a profile on job bank and get that shitty job matchs as all of us facing utter difficulties

mohelmy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
amamh said:
Are you kidding me? 450 points is tons of experience?
if you have an MSc and one year of experience you get higher than that number.
I have PhD, masters, 2 years Canadian experience and v good CLB score. I hardly got 450 coz I am 37 years old.
Yes, 450 is a lot as the max is 500+100 for transferability.
I am also work at the university of Toronto in a full time position with 4 years contract. But I got 0 points for that as my job is LMIA exempted by low.
I had to wait 6 months to land an ITA and when I got it, it was FSW not CEC which is more difficult and required POF.
The EE system is full of flows and lack of transparency. Furthermore, it merges the CEC with FSW, unlike the old system.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
mead said:
AB has suspended its PNP is it not?

It is a temporary pause till January 27th 2016 :(

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
2. they want younger immigrants than older. Remember this is economic class, which is based on your ability to work and create economic value to Canadian society, economy and government. Younger people have more years of working life to pay tax and contribute to economy. In a rapidly aging society (low birth rate, longer life expectancy, baby boomer effect), people who gets paid by govt will outnumber people who pays the govt very quickly. Hence especially needs more younger people replenish retirees who will collect government money (along with other measures like RRSP plans, CPP boost, etc)
33 is hardly old is it? Retirement age is 65 in Canada - that's 30+ years of contribution to the work force.

My argument that the points scale for age depreciates far too quickly. Max score (110 points) should be extended until 35-37 yo IMO - at that age you are still expected to contribute 30 years to the economy.

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
33 is older than 30 ;)

I am not sure how much of a difference it will make to assign more points to a certain group (like 110 pts to higher age(35-37) group). It may make their points above 450 but it will most likely also push the cutoff points up.
and CIC is only going to send out a certain number of ITAs each draw.

Just a thought.

btw I too just made it into one of the low points draw.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I've seen - there are quite a few people who have very good experience and qualifications but are handicapped because their age profile (33-38) doesn't give them the max age score in the CRS. Lots of 430-440s - would definitely make a difference IMO, if they got 110 points max score.

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
I am currently in the Express Entry pool with a CRS of 464, I am applying under NOC 1111 and have a BSc in Accounting as well as member of ACCA (ACCA has an MRA with CPA). I need your advise is it necessary to get selected and get a PPR without having a license from the CPA or I can still be selected without the CPA considering my above mentioned credentials. I'm in too much stress because of this.

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ab_Ahmad said:
I am currently in the Express Entry pool with a CRS of 464, I am applying under NOC 1111 and have a BSc in Accounting as well as member of ACCA (ACCA has an MRA with CPA). I need your advise is it necessary to get selected and get a PPR without having a license from the CPA or I can still be selected without the CPA considering my above mentioned credentials. I'm in too much stress because of this.
You definitely don't need to be registered as a CPA - ACCA has reciprocal equivalency with CPA Canada so you really don't need it.

I got PPR and I am a CA from Australia (also reciprocal with CPA Canada) - I don't want to pay membership fees to two different bodies!

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks a lot for your reply. Could you please confirm if you were asked at any stage about having a license from a Canadian Accounting body because of regulation status of this NOC? Or you already explained the status of your qualification and the MRA with CPA through any correspondence (LOE etc) during your application process. Thanks !

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Now we can have some hope. Welcome Justin

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
Dear pziegler1986 / seniors

Could you please confirm if you were asked for having any Canadian Accounting Body license during your application process (e.g. CPA/CA Canada). Are we supposed to be having these qualifications to apply under NOC 1111, are they mandatory?

And also could you please confirm that whether work experience gained during articleship or before graduation could be considered for work experience and its points can be used?

Would really appreciate your insight on these questions ....

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Knowing John McCallum will be the minister of CIC and after reading some of his critics and interviews, I am not so sure he will make EE streams easier. He openly endorsed EE system and tightening LMO approval procedures and have criticized on TFWP being abused by employers. And Liberals platform on immigration definitely put more emphasis on family and refugee class immigration.

So don't be surprised that CRS remains harsh and harder LMIA procedures etc. Although the platform also suggests an easier route for students who wanted to stay.