+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choosing the right NOC code. Very confused, please help (HR)

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Dear forum members, I am an HR professional, having 6 years at this field at a government organisation, and 2 years as an HR Manager in iternational company. Currently I am filling my application for Express Entry, and I feel difficult to choose the correct code. I know that there is unit group 1121 for HR professionals (type A), and 0112 for HR managers (type 0). And moreover I have a 10-month experience in not HR job for which I can't even find a code. In case if I had 3 years as HR Manager, I would choose 0112 without any doubt, but as I want to get 50 points for Transferability factor, I have to apply under 1121 which is type A.
So my concerns are,
1) should I put all my hr experience (6 hr pr +2 hr mng) in one category"1121 A, and apply under this code, or I'd rather consider only those 6 years old experience and not 'underrate' the current 2 years hr manager position. But then how will the officer treat my case?
2) and should I ever mention my non-relevant experience (10 months) that I had between or can just skip it?
I am afraid of making a wrong decision. Please advise.

mountain123

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Hi I don't mean to sound rude but if you are in Canada in the near future and have a HR Manager job, could you put in a good word for me in your company's finance department ? I am an accountant. Thanks.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The experience doesn't need to be in the same NOC to count as foreign work experience for transferability - it just has to be skilled. So type B and above.

So I would split the experience.

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
valsanail,

I assume you're talking about foreign work experience. Any work experience under skill type 0, A or B counts. So you should put in all three of your experiences, unless you can't get a LOR (basically an employment verification letter) and/or other documents to show you actually worked the jobs you claimed. FYI, you only need 3 years or more of foreign work experience to get the maximum points. Your HR experiences should be more than enough so you can skip the non-relevant job when creating your profile. But when you fill out certain forms later on (post-ITA), you have to fill in all jobs worked in the past 10 years (I believe) and not have any gaps in there or be able to explain such gaps, if any. So there's a scenario where you can skip your non-relevant job (i.e., if you can explain the gap in your detailed job history form). you As to CEC, I cannot speak.

I ask seniors to correct me if I'm worng.

I hope this helps you. If anything does not make sense, please feel free to ask.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
You can show experience only for 3 years, by providing proper recommendation letters. This will give you the maximum points, anything above that you only need to mention in your history. For the experience you are showing, for claiming CRS points, ensure it matches with the relevant NOC code.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
MooseNBooze said:
valsanail,

I assume you're talking about foreign work experience. Any work experience under skill type 0, A or B counts. So you should put in all three of your experiences, unless you can't get a LOR (basically an employment verification letter) and/or other documents to show you actually worked the jobs you claimed. FYI, you only need 3 years or more of foreign work experience to get the maximum points. Your HR experiences should be more than enough so you can skip the non-relevant job when creating your profile. But when you fill out certain forms later on (post-ITA), you have to fill in all jobs worked in the past 10 years (I believe) and not have any gaps in there or be able to explain such gaps, if any. So there's a scenario where you can skip your non-relevant job (i.e., if you can explain the gap in your detailed job history form). you As to CEC, I cannot speak.

I ask seniors to correct me if I'm worng.

I hope this helps you. If anything does not make sense, please feel free to ask.
Dear friend thank you for your help, if could I would skip that non-HR job with a pleasure, but the case is that it continued after the first HR job at the same organization and the finacial department's evidence shows that. So does this make me obliged to show this annoying experience? Meanwhile, i found a somehow relevant title for it but anyway it doesn't cover even the 50% of responsibilities...

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
cyronn said:
You can show experience only for 3 years, by providing proper recommendation letters. This will give you the maximum points, anything above that you only need to mention in your history. For the experience you are showing, for claiming CRS points, ensure it matches with the relevant NOC code.
Thank you for your support. Please help clarify how this works. For example if I have 1.5 years under one NOC code and 1.5 under another NOC code, would this be considered as 3 and more years of overseas experince and therefore enable for claiming the highest points?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
valsanail said:
Thank you for your support. Please help clarify how this works. For example if I have 1.5 years under one NOC code and 1.5 under another NOC code, would this be considered as 3 and more years of overseas experince and therefore enable for claiming the highest points?
Yes. You can claim points across multiple NOCs.

Kalaivanee

Jun 7, 2014
Hello Friends,

Please help me to select right NOC for my role . I have worked as a tester from beginning.

Oct 2009 - 2011 --> Analyst Programmer
June 01,2011 - May 31,2013 --> Testing Engineer
June 2013 - Sep 2014 --> Senior Device Associate
Nov 2014 - Current --> Senior Quality Assurance Tester

Job Duties:

IT professional with around 7.5 years of combined experience in Software Quality Assurance, requirement gathering, documenting user stories following client meetings, database validation, reporting and project management. Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Automated Tests. Strong knowledge in Software Development/Testing Life Cycle process, AGILE and testing methodologies. Strong interpersonal skills and highly adept in at facilitating discussions with the stakeholders.

=======================================================================================================
Ø Created a Data Driven Framework using Selenium for performing multiple appointments for urgent care system.

Ø Involved in client interaction, requirements gathering, functional specification designing, end to end testing, production support and maintenance of the application.

Ø Performed End to End Mobile Application testing for ER Express Navigator app which was successfully released to the Appstore and Play store Market

Ø Involved in coordinating and managing the testing activities and ensuring delivery of the project with quality.

Ø Involved in the database testing for handling the application.

Ø Identified root causes to production issues.

Ø Conducting daily status meetings to assign the logged defects to the responsible developers & track them to closure and also to discuss other testing issues and the testing status.

Ø Involved in delegating tasks, monitoring workload and progress.

Ø Performed deployment tasks in various environments.

Ø Worked in the Agile Development environment with frequently changing requirements and features.

Ø Involved in the UI/UX design of the self-check in software on kiosk with graphic designers

Ø Used Acunetix OVS tool to generate the developer vulnerability scan report which used to solve most of the vulnerability issues.

Last edited:

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hello Friends,

Please help me to select right NOC for my role . I have worked as a tester from beginning.

Oct 2009 - 2011 --> Analyst Programmer
June 01,2011 - May 31,2013 --> Testing Engineer
June 2013 - Sep 2014 --> Senior Device Associate
Nov 2014 - Current --> Senior Quality Assurance Tester

Job Duties:

IT professional with around 7.5 years of combined experience in Software Quality Assurance, requirement gathering, documenting user stories following client meetings, database validation, reporting and project management. Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Cases and Automated Tests. Strong knowledge in Software Development/Testing Life Cycle process, AGILE and testing methodologies. Strong interpersonal skills and highly adept in at facilitating discussions with the stakeholders.

=======================================================================================================
Ø Created a Data Driven Framework using Selenium for performing multiple appointments for urgent care system.

Ø Involved in client interaction, requirements gathering, functional specification designing, end to end testing, production support and maintenance of the application.

Ø Performed End to End Mobile Application testing for ER Express Navigator app which was successfully released to the Appstore and Play store Market

Ø Involved in coordinating and managing the testing activities and ensuring delivery of the project with quality.

Ø Involved in the database testing for handling the application.

Ø Identified root causes to production issues.

Ø Conducting daily status meetings to assign the logged defects to the responsible developers & track them to closure and also to discuss other testing issues and the testing status.

Ø Involved in delegating tasks, monitoring workload and progress.

Ø Performed deployment tasks in various environments.

Ø Worked in the Agile Development environment with frequently changing requirements and features.

Ø Involved in the UI/UX design of the self-check in software on kiosk with graphic designers

Ø Used Acunetix OVS tool to generate the developer vulnerability scan report which used to solve most of the vulnerability issues.
It should be 2283. Hope you have got this by now.