+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsorship from Canada

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi All,

Hope everybody is doing well and keeping safe.

Need some suggestions on my child sponsorship application.

I have applied for my son's PR application in November - 2020. Both parents are PR and moved to Canada in October 2020. (Baby was born after getting the PR). This was paper application submitted to IRCC.

At the time of applying the sponsorship and PR application, both parents were looking for first job in Canada but had enough savings and they were submitted. 2 months later both parents got the job and submitted offer letters/Paystubs, etc. using webform.

The SPONSORSHIP application status right now is
1) We received the application on 16th November, 2020
2) We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of the application on 4th Feb 2021
3) We started processing the application on 3rd Feb 2021.

The PR Application status is
1) we have received the application on 16th November, 2020.

My son is right now on Visitor visa and we are getting the visitor record updated regularly (done 3 times already).

Couple of questions -
1) As we have not received the acknowledgement saying that they have REVIEWED the application - can we apply for OHIP? (right now, we have private medical health insurance for my son).
2) Is there anything we can do to expedite the process.
3) I have ordered GCMS notes (AITP) on 15th November and got a request for additional documentation on 19th December (birth certificate for my son showing both parents name), submitted again on the same day, when can we expect the notes?
4) will there be any problem in getting the visitor record updated again. More importantly, will it impact the PR application?
We recently went outside Canada and he got passport stamp while coming back on 28th December but there is no end date - is that usually given for 6 months?

Any inputs to this will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

Last edited: