+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child, recently landed as PR, wants to apply for Super visa for mother - seeking advise!

RARUETEV

Jul 23, 2019
Hi all,

I recently landed in Canada as PR and I am yet to receive my PR card. I have secured a job and I received my 2nd payslip recently. So, I have my employment verification letter and 2 payslips to show that I can support my parent (mother) when she is here. Also, she is not planning to stay with me for longer, so I want to keep the length of duration only 3 weeks. Please let me know your thoughts on the following questions:
1. Is my emp verification letter and 2 payslips from Canada enough to show that I can financially support my mother here in Canada? I do have bank balances in India and I can show them as proof as well. I do not have NOA or T4 or T1 docs as I am new in Canada and new in employment as well. But my job is permanent and full-time.
2. Is it appropriate to apply for a super visa even if my mom's visit is just 3 weeks as of now? But of course, in the future, she might stay longer but no such plans yet.

Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I recently landed in Canada as PR and I am yet to receive my PR card. I have secured a job and I received my 2nd payslip recently. So, I have my employment verification letter and 2 payslips to show that I can support my parent (mother) when she is here. Also, she is not planning to stay with me for longer, so I want to keep the length of duration only 3 weeks. Please let me know your thoughts on the following questions:
1. Is my emp verification letter and 2 payslips from Canada enough to show that I can financially support my mother here in Canada? I do have bank balances in India and I can show them as proof as well. I do not have NOA or T4 or T1 docs as I am new in Canada and new in employment as well. But my job is permanent and full-time.
2. Is it appropriate to apply for a super visa even if my mom's visit is just 3 weeks as of now? But of course, in the future, she might stay longer but no such plans yet.

Please advise.
You don’t qualify for a supervisa yet. Supervisa is based on income already earned in Canada not salary. Most do not qualify for around a year and NOA is the preferred proof of income earned. With a 3 week stay she should be applying for a normal TRV. Would highly recommend you wait and apply closer to the 6 month mark. Applying to visit so soon can create concerns that your mother is trying to move to Canada now that you are settled. The TRV approval is really based on her own finances although you can include your finances as well.