+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child (less than 14) out of Canada

Moek

Apr 29, 2022
Hello all,
Does anyone have an experience or know if i can go to the oath while my child is out of Canada (child is invited, and i know he does not have to go) but i need to know if he has to be in Canada?
Thanks

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Any thoughts please ?
We went into the ceremony with our 8 year old. Before oath they asked us to cut the PR card of the child also. So I am assuming they will ask you to do the same for your child, so the questions are:

1. How will you get the child back in Canada after cutting their PR card?
2. They will ask you that are you physically in. Canada, what will you say about your child? If you say the child is not in Canada I believe they will not allow you to proceed with the oath either

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Any thoughts please ?
We went into the ceremony with our 8 year old. Before oath they asked us to cut the PR card of the child also. So I am assuming they will ask you to do the same for your child, so the questions are:

1. How will you get the child back in Canada after cutting their PR card?
2. They will ask you that are you physically in. Canada, what will you say about your child? If you say the child is not in Canada I believe they will not allow you to proceed with the oath either
@Seym any thoughts?

mefarahat

May 26, 2019
Hello all,
Does anyone have an experience or know if i can go to the oath while my child is out of Canada (child is invited, and i know he does not have to go) but i need to know if he has to be in Canada?
Thanks
Is this a family application or just a minor only application? Hope you kindly update us here if you get any information. Good luck.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@Seym any thoughts?
Sorry I can't really say.
Being in Canada is a requirement for the oath ceremony, and the kid doesn't need to be in the oath ceremony, so being in Canada shouldn't be a requirement and I don't think it will be problematic, but no idea how it goes if the kid's PR card isn't available.
Is IRCC fine with the kid joining from outside the country to cut it, or a picture of a cut PR card sent by mail? Maybe, but dunno how it will actually go.
If there's no time to send the card via UPS, Fedex or whatever, show up at the oath ceremony and see how it goes...
Let us know please.
Good luck !

Moek

Apr 29, 2022
Thanks guys for your help.
It is in person oath
I was thinking to have it sent to me by a friend
But it maybe it is complicated and it is easier to have my son to come back
Thanks again for all of your help