+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Care benefits for new comers on work permit

labibfares

May 5, 2019
Hi
Asking for my sister.
She has study permit and has been in Canada for more than 18 months . She applied for study permit extension and it is under process ( her current study permit expired but she applied for extension before expiray date) .
Can she apply for CCB now or she needs to wait until she gets her new study permit as per CRA criteria you need to have a valid temporary permit on 19 month ( now procession time time is about 80 days )

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi
Asking for my sister.
She has study permit and has been in Canada for more than 18 months . She applied for study permit extension and it is under process ( her current study permit expired but she applied for extension before expiray date) .
Can she apply for CCB now or she needs to wait until she gets her new study permit as per CRA criteria you need to have a valid temporary permit on 19 month ( now procession time time is about 80 days )
Does she have children?

rajapanesar

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2019
Punjab, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/09/2019
Hi
Asking for my sister.
I think I can confidently say YES, because she still has an implied status, which is considered valid in all contexts.

basicWhitle

Apr 24, 2024
Hello, following on this thread.

I have a question. We’re here as temporary workers together with our 1st child. But during our stay, I gave birth here in Canada. Is my new baby qualified for CCB since he’s a Canadian? Or still not eligible since we’re here in less than 18months? Appreciate your response. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, following on this thread.

I have a question. We’re here as temporary workers together with our 1st child. But during our stay, I gave birth here in Canada. Is my new baby qualified for CCB since he’s a Canadian? Or still not eligible since we’re here in less than 18months? Appreciate your response. Thank you!
You need to wait 18 months and apply in your 19 month in Canada.