canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Divinity said:
Hello, My husband is a Canadian citizen we have a daughter here in Jamaica. He applied for citizenship certificate July 2015 and submitted it in Canada. We got acknowledgement letter August 2015 and we have not heard anything since. How can we get some info on our daughter's application BC I'm getting worried now. I have to land in Canada by September and I can't leave my 1yr old daughter?
No need to be worried. As your child is under the age of 2 and you have applied for her Certificate of Citizenship, you can apply for a limited validity Canadian passport for her.

butterstone

May 8, 2016
Maybe I'm overthinking this, but as the parent filing out the application for Canadian certificate for my baby born outside of Canada, am I also considered a representative of my child? In that case, do I also need to fill out the use of representative form?

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello, A lady from the Canadian embassy in Kingston contacted me this morning saying that they mailed the citizenship certificate to my representative in Canada from Nova Scotia from April 13 th and up till this time she has not received it . what the heck. Isn't this strange?

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Ok, I spoke to my representative and she said she didn't receive the certificate, now she is saying she might have to apply for a replacement. Which is going to take about 30 business days but I have to leave . Would the embassy still issue my daughter a passport being that the certificate was issued but we did not receive it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Divinity said:
Hello, A lady from the Canadian embassy in Kingston contacted me this morning saying that they mailed the citizenship certificate to my representative in Canada from Nova Scotia from April 13 th and up till this time she has not received it . what the heck. Isn't this strange?
No, that's not strange. If you use a representative, CIC always sends everything to them. Why did you use a representative for a simple citizenship certificate app?

Divinity said:
Ok, I spoke to my representative and she said she didn't receive the certificate, now she is saying she might have to apply for a replacement. Which is going to take about 30 business days but I have to leave . Would the embassy still issue my daughter a passport being that the certificate was issued but we did not receive it?
If you need a replacement, apply for it yourself so that it is actually sent to you.

Yes, they should still issue the passport. Include a letter of explanation about the lost certificate.

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
Thank you for your response. My husband is in Canada and he has a busy work schedule that's why he hired a representative. She was the one that did my sponsorship application so he just let her do the baby's own as well. Thank you so much.

manay99

May 27, 2016
Hi Guyz,
I need some information to fill out the form for my Son.
I want to apply Canadian Citizenship for my Son...

I m Canadian Citizenship and i have Obtained Canadian Citizenship in 2008.
My child born outside of Canada and currently we are in UAE.

6 Other nationalities
Are you a citizen of one or more countries other than Canada?
If yes, list the country or countries, date and how you obtained this citizenship.

Yes hes citizen of other country as well that is India... What exactly do i have to mention that how he obtained that citizenship? and what Date do i have to mention? Do i have to mention date of birth that i obtained of that citizenship?

Section 8 How did this parent obtain Canadian citizenship?
What do i have to write my status in this section? I have Obtained Canadian citizenship in 2008... I was Investor Category and lived there for 5 years... so what exactly do i have to write in that Section that how i have obtained Canadian Citizenship?

Your Help is greatly Appreciated.
Thanks
Regards,

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manay99 said:
Are you a citizen of one or more countries other than Canada? If yes, list the country or countries, date and how you obtained this citizenship. [/b]
Yes
India, [date of birth], by birth

manay99 said:
Section 8 How did this parent obtain Canadian citizenship?
By naturalization [give certificate number]

manay99

May 27, 2016
alphazip said:
Yes
India, [date of birth], by birth

By naturalization [give certificate number]
so I only have to write By Naturalization and in the next Box i have to mention my citizenship certificate number?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
manay99 said:
so I only have to write By Naturalization and in the next Box i have to mention my citizenship certificate number?
Yes. CIC can look up your naturalization number to confirm that you are in fact Canadian and that you are able to pass on citizenship. You have no choice since you need to give a copy of your CC card with application.

manay99

May 27, 2016
screech339 said:
Yes. CIC can look up your naturalization number to confirm that you are in fact Canadian and that you are able to pass on citizenship. You have no choice since you need to give a copy of your CC card with application.
Thanks a lot.
Do i have to apply for the passport at the same time? or first i have to apply for citizenship and once i get response from them after that i will apply for passport?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
manay99 said:
Thanks a lot.
Do i have to apply for the passport at the same time? or first i have to apply for citizenship and once i get response from them after that i will apply for passport?
If the child is less than 2 years old, you can. However you need to provide proof of travel that requires an limited 2 year passport. Without proof of travel, CiC may tell you to wait until child get citizenship card before getting a regular child passport.

manay99

May 27, 2016
screech339 said:
If the child is less than 2 years old, you can. However you need to provide proof of travel that requires an limited 2 year passport. Without proof of travel, CiC may tell you to wait until child get citizenship card before getting a regular child passport.
My child is only 3 months old
And right now i have no any such plan to travel canada
In this case what should do i do?
Should i only apply for CC?
Or i should apply it together?

Thanks for your response with such information...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
manay99 said:
My child is only 3 months old
And right now i have no any such plan to travel canada
In this case what should do i do?
Should i only apply for CC?
Or i should apply it together?

Thanks for your response with such information...
There is no harm in applying together. If your baby gets a 2 year limited passport, without being asked about travel plans, all the better. Just be aware of this possibility.

manay99

May 27, 2016
screech339 said:
There is no harm in applying together. If your baby gets a 2 year limited passport, without being asked about travel plans, all the better. Just be aware of this possibility.
Thanks once again..

For the passport Aplication form...

Child's Personal Information
In Child and father application section they have ask Current home address. Do i have to mention my Current UAE home address or do i have to mention Canada Home address?

Declaration of Guarantor ... The guarantor must know the applicant identified in section 5.

Guarantor has to be CANADIAN ?
My parents can be a Guarantor ? My parents is also Canadian Citizenship... so they can be a guarantor for my Child?

In Canadian CITIZENSHIP Form

6 Other nationalities
Are you a citizen of one or more countries other than Canada?
If yes, list the country or countries, date and how you obtained this citizenship.

Is it mandatory to mention other citizen at the moment ???