+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child born to a Canadian Citizen outside Canada

samomair

Apr 5, 2015
Assalam alaikum everyone. I have a question if someone can help me please. I have applied for my daughters citizenship who was born last year in October. It's been only two months since I have applied for her citizenship in Canadian consulate Lahore office and now I want to apply for her limited validity passport, and my question is can I send my daughters limited validity passport application with my wife passport once she gets passport request or I have to apply for my daughters passport at Canadian consulate? Thank you in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samomair said:
Assalam alaikum everyone. I have a question if someone can help me please. I have applied for my daughters citizenship who was born last year in October. It's been only two months since I have applied for her citizenship in Canadian consulate Lahore office and now I want to apply for her limited validity passport, and my question is can I send my daughters limited validity passport application with my wife passport once she gets passport request or I have to apply for my daughters passport at Canadian consulate? Thank you in advance.
You would have to apply the passport at the Canadian consulate.

Jun 3, 2015
Good day ....I am new here and I have a question

I am Canadian Citizen and I have a two year old who was born in Bermuda(my daughter's father is Bermudian). Now I am living abroad and I am ready to move back to Canada with my daughter. I know I have to apply for her citizenship before I get her a Canadian passport. I was just wondering what firm do I fill out because there are two forms that I have and I am confused to which one I have to give in...Can someone help me please

Desperate please?? Thank you

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
BornandRaisedTdot said:

I am Canadian Citizen and I have a two year old who was born in Bermuda(my daughter's father is Bermudian). Now I am living abroad and I am ready to move back to Canada with my daughter. I know I have to apply for her citizenship before I get her a Canadian passport. I was just wondering what firm do I fill out because there are two forms that I have and I am confused to which one I have to give in...Can someone help me please

In which country you are currently living?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BornandRaisedTdot said:

You need to apply for proof of citizenship for here, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof-how.asp

fatima haider

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25feb, 2013
AOR Received.
27thjuly 2013
Med's Request
19th feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd march 2015
Interview........
19th march 2015 (cleared alhumduliilah)
Passport Req..
19th march 2015 got visa on spot
VISA ISSUED...
19th march 2015
Hi.
I m from pakistan. And got my visa as pr in march. We then applied for our son's Canadian certificate and passport by the end of april. It has been 6 weeks almost but passport still hasnt come. We r suppose to travel next month bu july 11th. Will we get the passport. Is it possible that they dont give the passport. Since its pakistan and anything is possible here. Really worried.

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
fatima haider said:
Hi.
I m from pakistan. And got my visa as pr in march. We then applied for our son's Canadian certificate and passport by the end of april. It has been 6 weeks almost but passport still hasnt come. We r suppose to travel next month bu july 11th. Will we get the passport. Is it possible that they dont give the passport. Since its pakistan and anything is possible here. Really worried.
There should be no issue, just wait for the passport to arrive to you, should be soon. By laws, if your daughter is a Canadian, she can apply to passport and have it without any issues

goud

Mar 7, 2008
Update:

I received all the originals back. Looks like this time, they don't see any issues with my application. Hope, soon they start processing my application.

fatima haider

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25feb, 2013
AOR Received.
27thjuly 2013
Med's Request
19th feb 2015
Med's Done....
3rd march 2015
Interview........
19th march 2015 (cleared alhumduliilah)
Passport Req..
19th march 2015 got visa on spot
VISA ISSUED...
19th march 2015
Y is it that nobody is really answering my question. I m really worried. It has been 6 weeks still no answer. Pls someone help??

MEKUS

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-11-2014
AOR Received.
20-1-2015
File Transfer...
27-1-2015
Med's Done....
25-9-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2015
LANDED..........
16-9-2015
fatima haider said:
Y is it that nobody is really answering my question. I m really worried. It has been 6 weeks still no answer. Pls someone help??
First, it is not a good idea to plan your trip without the passports in your hand. I will suggest you cancel that for now until you have all your travel documents. My advice is to contact Canadian consulate/Passport office in Pakistan. With your visa the consulate will expedite your son's passport and instead of the normal 20 days (depending on the consulate) you will get your son's passport in less than a week. Then you will have to pick up your son's proof of citizenship when you arrive in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fatima haider said:
You didn't ask a question that anyone on here can answer. No one can tell you when the passport will be issued. Contact the Islamabad office.

LazyMonkey

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Leon said:
Getting a citizenship certificate should actually be faster but immigration is a big beast and moves slowly sometimes and there is not always much you can do about it. The temporary passport / facilitation visa option is there for such times that you must travel and you don't have the child's citizenship certificate yet.

If you are unable to get the citizenship certificate / temporary passport and your wife already has the PR visa, she must go alone and land before it expires. If she lets it expire, you will be applying to sponsor her again from scratch.
Hi everyone. Can someone paste the link to apply for my son temporary passport or visa because my wife almost got the visa and his application for citizenship certificates is still in process in Canada. Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I believe you would have to go to the high commission of Canada in islamabad and apply for child passport. You need to provide proof of submitting canadian citizenship certificate and proof of travel to Canada and one of parent's proof of canadian citizenship. And of course the child must be present with you.

Best to contact them to confirm what you need to do.

LazyMonkey

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
screech339 said:
I believe you would have to go to the high commission of Canada in islamabad and apply for child passport. You need to provide proof of submitting canadian citizenship certificate and proof of travel to Canada and one of parent's proof of canadian citizenship. And of course the child must be present with you.

Best to contact them to confirm what you need to do.
How can I apply for my son temporary passport. I need instructions please. My wife almost got the visa but son citizenship is still in process. Thanks

Apr 10, 2014
I want to get an update on this. I am canadian citizen and have a son born outside of canada. He is 7 months old now. I have sponsored my wife who is now permanent resident. They are both in russia right now and i am in canada. Can anyone tell me if this temporary passport is still valid. If yes, will it be possible to bring my son over here on temporary passport while we are waiting for his proof of citiEnship? Thanks