+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Benefit Staying Outside Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you heard of google? That's all I did to find the contact number.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4114/canada-child-benefit.html#P228_15384

The purpose of child benefit is to help parents with the high cost of raising children in Canada. If the parent and child are not in Canada they no longer need help paying for things like expensive childcare. It is best to suspend your payment versus being asked to pay back (with a penalty) any child benefit payments that you didn't qualify for.

Arslan81

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Any information on how many children get child benefits? Does the amount get reduced as children increase?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any information on how many children get child benefits? Does the amount get reduced as children increase?
Did you google? All this information is available. It all depends on age of child and family income. Although the money is helpful this only puts a small dent in the cost of caring for your child. It may seem like a lot of money if you haven’t lived in Canada and experienced the cost of living.

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
Hi!
I’m planning to leave Canada for a year’s time almost and closing my bank account too. What if I don’t inform CRA (as I’m getting CCBat the moment). The amount will revert itself as my account would be closed.
Is there anything wrong with that

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi!
I’m planning to leave Canada for a year’s time almost and closing my bank account too. What if I don’t inform CRA (as I’m getting CCBat the moment). The amount will revert itself as my account would be closed.
Is there anything wrong with that
You should still inform everyone who needs to be informed, those are the rules you agree to when you apply for anything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Great sure. Who else do I need to inform?? If u may share some light on that
You call CRA and advise them you are leaving and will reapply when you return. You also need to call the healthcare agency in your province to have them freeze your card numbers so nobody uses your numbers fraudulently. Email may be an option for some of these things as well although I would avoid putting such sensitive info in an email.

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
I just called cra and they said to call back a week earlier before leaving and they Would process my request. I initially thought it would a hassle as previously they weren’t responding to the calls and were on automated machines.
Will also look into healthcare too thanks.

Amardeep84

Aug 3, 2014
Hi All
Asking this question on behalf of a friend

My friend and his family became landed as permanent residents in november 2020.They will be applying for ccb.
They want to know if they are eligible for ccb for ten months stay here on work permit in year 2018-2019.?

Should they claiim for that period as well or keep it anew from now.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi All

My friend and his family became landed as permanent residents in november 2020.They will be applying for ccb.
They want to know if they are eligible for ccb for ten months stay here on work permit in year 2018-2019.?

1. No, too late.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All

Not only too late but you only qualify for ccb after 18 months if you are on a WP