+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

chest x ray for pregnent lady pl guide

saint1

May 16, 2013
dear member i am main applicant and my spouse have six months pregnent status now i have sixty days to complete medical please tell me wheather she can undergo for chest xray please provide guidance in detail particularly from members faced same situation and recommendations i ll be thankful

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saint1 said:
dear member i am main applicant and my spouse have six months pregnent status now i have sixty days to complete medical please tell me wheather she can undergo for chest xray please provide guidance in detail particularly from members faced same situation and recommendations i ll be thankful
In this situation it is better to rely on doctor's recommendations rather than members recommendation. If the doc says it is safe then go ahead with x ray otherwise inform VO.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
I have read some post with same problem, as per that X-Ray can be levied in such condition by doctor, though same as explorer101 I advise you contact doctor who are in panel for immigration and finilize

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
A chest x-ray in pregnancy should be avoided.

As per the details found on CIC website, You can ask the doctor to defer the X-ray of your wife to the post delivery stage. However, it will delay your Immigration process. Please refer to the point - 11. IMM 5419 – Section E – Chest x-ray report in the following link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-02.asp

saint1 said:

saint1

May 16, 2013
thanks to u members but it is the situation where i was expecting reply from a member who faced this sort of situation anyhow many thanks for your valuable advice

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
I had faced this issue last year when I received my medicals last year in Mar 2012 . My wife was 3 months pregnant . We consulted a DMP . He gave us 2 options

1) Do the x-ray with a metal plate on the stomach area ( not guaranteed it will not effect the baby)
2) avoid the x-ray , do the rest of the medicals and send it to the VO. Later after the delivery do the x-ray and update your medicals

We went for the 2nd option bcos we didn't want to take a chance on the baby and also we could include the new baby into the application .
So we did our medicals on June 5th 2012 and updated the medicals with the x-ray on Sept 2012 and included the baby by Oct 2012 .
And also as you mentioned you have 60 days validity for your medicals , better to make maximum use of the 60 days and do your medicals 1 week before the validity expires . So you will get 1 year from the date of medicals to land and the mother and the child will able to travel comfortably ..
My medicals were getting over by June 15th 2012 and I did my medicals on june 5th 2012 and landed on april 29th 2013 . all went fine....by God's grace...

kvedv

Star Member
May 14, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the documents
Hi,

For X-Ray we have used metal plate. We didnt know about the pregnancy (Very early stage of pregnancy) but the doctor was very consistence that my wife should use metal plate for the X-Ray(Thanks to God and Doctor). Later we found out that my wife was pregnant.

For medical test, I would recommend you to complete your medical ASAP, the only reason, people(Including me) have faced issue where DMP has failed/delayed the file transfer to CIC. Medical file has to reach to CIC under 60 days.

In my case (Though we were doing our medical well before the expiry date), DMP transferred my and my wife's file to CIC but did not transfer my son's file until 3 weeks for no reason(Doctor has forgot to sign the file).

KvedV.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
muscattocanada said:
I had faced this issue last year when I received my medicals last year in Mar 2012 . My wife was 3 months pregnant . We consulted a DMP . He gave us 2 options

1) Do the x-ray with a metal plate on the stomach area ( not guaranteed it will not effect the baby)
2) avoid the x-ray , do the rest of the medicals and send it to the VO. Later after the delivery do the x-ray and update your medicals

We went for the 2nd option bcos we didn't want to take a chance on the baby and also we could include the new baby into the application .
So we did our medicals on June 5th 2012 and updated the medicals with the x-ray on Sept 2012 and included the baby by Oct 2012 .
And also as you mentioned you have 60 days validity for your medicals , better to make maximum use of the 60 days and do your medicals 1 week before the validity expires . So you will get 1 year from the date of medicals to land and the mother and the child will able to travel comfortably ..
My medicals were getting over by June 15th 2012 and I did my medicals on june 5th 2012 and landed on april 29th 2013 . all went fine....by God's grace...
Does this delays your PR issue
means dealy in submission of remaining medical

cim

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
File Transfer...
2/11/2011
saint1 said:

I've sent u PM :)

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
Does this delays your PR issue
means dealy in submission of remaining medical
Yes it delayed my PR issue bcos I had to submit my wife's x-ray 3 months late after the delivery .... and then had to include my new kid in our PR application ...

Even if you do your whole medicals and submit it right away , You will still have to wait to include your yet to be born child in your application or you can do the delivery in Canada .. That is your decision .... God Bless....