+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checklist - proof of relationship?

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Hi, my checklist includes Proof of Relationship docs for my "host or family member". Does anyone know what they want here? I am not married or in a common law relationship so it's not this, I wonder was this included in error? If so I'll just upload a letter explaining this

archjap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Conor9900 said:
Hi, my checklist includes Proof of Relationship docs for my "host or family member". Does anyone know what they want here? I am not married or in a common law relationship so it's not this, I wonder was this included in error? If so I'll just upload a letter explaining this
Hi,

For example my family member is my uncle (father's brother). So i must provide the following:

• My Father's Birth Certificate and my Uncle's Birth Certificate showing that they have the same parents
• Billing address to prove my uncle's home / place / location. In my case they my uncle send me hydro bills.

Hope this help

ahmeddeeb

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Conor9900 said:
Maybe in your application you mentioned that you have a relative in canada, so you have to submit proof of this relationship.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks archjap, are you sure we have to provide all this for uncles and aunts, even though they aren't dependents? That seems onerous, I don't like asking them for all this stuff

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Common Law Partner

I'm an Express Entry Applicant from Sri Lanka(female). I received my Invitation end of March this year and I'm in the process of my divorce. It has been 2 years since i started it, but my husband who is a military officer here, drags the case. To get the final decision it will take another 2 years at least, according to the lawyers here. I have a small daughter who is 2 and half now, and still the courts has not decided the custoday and she is living with myself. I'm also having another relationship and my child calls him the father, since she has not even seen her biological father more than five times.

Is there a way I can take both of them with me? The guy who is living with me was my boyfriend for 15 years, and I had to marry the other person just because my parent wanted me to. I can prove that we stayed together and expenses shared for a long time.

Please help me.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Re: Common Law Partner

Gidipatiya said:
I'm an Express Entry Applicant from Sri Lanka(female). I received my Invitation end of March this year and I'm in the process of my divorce. It has been 2 years since i started it, but my husband who is a military officer here, drags the case. To get the final decision it will take another 2 years at least, according to the lawyers here. I have a small daughter who is 2 and half now, and still the courts has not decided the custoday and she is living with myself. I'm also having another relationship and my child calls him the father, since she has not even seen her biological father more than five times.

Is there a way I can take both of them with me? The guy who is living with me was my boyfriend for 15 years, and I had to marry the other person just because my parent wanted me to. I can prove that we stayed together and expenses shared for a long time.

Please help me.
My personal suggestion (you need to ask others too):

You already received ITA -- in ur ee profile, you mentioned ur husband (whom you are trying divorce now), is this the case? If so, in order to get the visa, you need to then present all the documents related this spouse of yours (even though he is not going to accompany you). He has to cooperate or this thing wont work out, as you already mentioned this person as your spouse in ee.
Then after you receive pr visa, you will eventually divorce this spouse, and then marry your boyfriend and sponsor him to join you in Canada.

Another scenario, in ur ee profile, you did NOT mention your current husband (whom you are trying divorce now), then you might face serious consequences, as you are basically hiding facts from/ lying to cic...tsk tsk..

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
I received my express entry invitation on March and I applied in May. By the time I applied, my divorce case was on the hearing stage and now that is finished. I'm going to get married with the guy that I was living with. We were together for 2 years. I got my daughter's physical custody fully, and the legal custody was shared with my ex husband half,half, with access rights once a month. How can I get my daughter into my application?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wait.. you didn't mention your daughter in your application? then you can't add her now. and you won't be allowed to sponsor her in future if you didn't mention her. Also, if your ex has shared custody, you need him to let you bring your daughter to Canada, if he refuses, you can't.
If the guy you are going to marry wasn't in your application then the same thing, you can't add him now or sponsor him.

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Hi, I mentioned the daughter in my application. But I did not mention the guy whom I'm going to get married to, since i was in the middle of the divorce case by then. My previous husband is willing to let me take the daughter, but he has half of the legal rights. What papers does he have to sign to prove his consent?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gidipatiya said:
Hi, I mentioned the daughter in my application. But I did not mention the guy whom I'm going to get married to, since i was in the middle of the divorce case by then. My previous husband is willing to let me take the daughter, but he has half of the legal rights. What papers does he have to sign to prove his consent?
1. Legal documents showing full custody with you. If that isn't possible, your ex-husband has to give a legally valid declaration that he has no reservations with you taking the child to Canada. Check this with an immigration lawyer because this could potentially sabotage your PR chances.

2. You cannot include the other guy in your PR process without being married to them. It will be tough to prove their status as a common-law partner but simultaneously someone you cannot marry only because you are still not divorced. Again, check with an immigration lawyer because this is too complicated a situation to get advise on at an online forum.

3. Hope you've got medicals done for your daughter and submitted them as part of your application.

All the best!

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Thank you. Yes I did my daughter's medicals and submitted with my application. We are going to get married next month. (September). Do i have to keep the documents ready to prove the previous common in law status as well? Thank you again

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gidipatiya said:
Thank you. Yes I did my daughter's medicals and submitted with my application. We are going to get married next month. (September). Do i have to keep the documents ready to prove the previous common in law status as well? Thank you again
Not required. Once you are married (before you land in Canada as PR), inform that to CIC and your spouse can be added to this application itself.

Your bigger concerns should be about your daughter's status on this application because CIC will need convincing evidence that you aren't snatching (for lack of a better word) away the child from their biological father.

Shehzad82

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
AOR Received.
25-09-2017
Med's Done....
03-Oct-2017
Hi

I am in the process of completing documentation requirements for EE and need clarity on how can I go about proving relationship with my paternal uncle whose details I have mentioned in the application.

My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.

TheGodofAngelArmies

Aug 16, 2017
As others have rightly said, if you mentioned having a relative in Canada like a sibling, then you have to provide proof of relationship such as birth certificates and so on. Did same and have PPR.

fari90

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
BC PNP
AOR Received.
Dec 5,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22,2018
LANDED..........
Mar 17, 2018
Hi

I am in the process of completing documentation requirements for EE and need clarity on how can I go about proving relationship with my paternal uncle whose details I have mentioned in the application.

My father's birth certificate is missing so as an alternate I wanted to know whether submitting marriage certificates would suffice or not.

Please advise how can I go about proving this relationship.
Hi ,

Hi , I am in a similar situation. What did you do with the proof ? did you submitted marriage certificate? please guide