+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Checking application status

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Hello, I have done family class in Canada sponsorship and applied online Dec 7. I used the link in my AOR Received Dec 10 to try to check application status and keep getting error stating info is wrong or my application is not in the system. I have also tried using the “online services” to check application status and same error. Doesn’t work for PA or Sponsor. Medicals were requested Dec 15. I’m at a loss on how to check updates. I would think the application is in the system if we applied online and medicals have already been requested. Any insight?
try to put 2 (two) applicants instead of 1 (one)

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I applied November 28th and im still unable to create an account on the PR tracker.

Biometrics and medical updated as completed on my IRCC account
I applied Dec 7, inland online and also am still unable to register for the tracker. I was able to link in GC Key but doesn't give much in terms of updates. PA medical done but not updated and dependants are outland and doing medicals tomorrow. We havent received Biometrics requests yet, my spouse still has valid biometrics but havent received it for the kids yet (17 years and older)

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I am still not able to register for the pr tracker account for myself (sponsor) or my spouse (PA), PA was able to link in GCKey but it doesnt provide much in terms of updates.
PR Tracker is useless. The updates are always weeks to a month behind GCkey. All the correspondence I received was via GCkey so I think its much more important then the tracker.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
PR Tracker is useless. The updates are always weeks to a month behind GCkey. All the correspondence I received was via GCkey so I think its much more important then the tracker.
Thank you for that. Our Gc key also hasn’t had any updates except medicals requested. One was done Dec 20 and kids in Jamaica go tomorrow. Took forever to get an appointment in Kingston.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Still not able to login the tracker..is there any other way to check the status
I was able to create my sponsor account on Feb 1. It only shows the sponsor information and eligibility completed. we applied dec 7, aor dec 10 and i got sponsor eligibility letter jan 18. My spouse is still not able to create a tracker account. He got his eligibility letter Jan 26th. So I am hoping maybe in another week or so.

Alternatively, you can create a GC Key account if you haven't already and link your application to that account. It is vague but its something.

Yashsaxena

Mar 23, 2022
I was able to create my sponsor account on Feb 1. It only shows the sponsor information and eligibility completed. we applied dec 7, aor dec 10 and i got sponsor eligibility letter jan 18. My spouse is still not able to create a tracker account. He got his eligibility letter Jan 26th. So I am hoping maybe in another week or so.

Alternatively, you can create a GC Key account if you haven't already and link your application to that account. It is vague but its something.
I am sponsor..I got the eligibility letter in Dec.. but still can't access tracker...spouse medical is completed, waiting for next steps

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I am sponsor..I got the eligibility letter in Dec.. but still can't access tracker...spouse medical is completed, waiting for next steps
i wasn't able to access the tracker until after I got my elibility letter, which was Jan 18 and I was able to access Feb 1 (maybe it could have been accessed sooner however I was out of country and not checking everyday). My spouse recd letter of eligibity on Jan 26 and still not able to access the tracker. So maybe after the letter of eligibility then it may be accessible.

nittinkumar

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
M still not able to create a pr tracker account for my wife pa.we got eligibilty letter and medical biometric aswell but still not able !

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
M still not able to create a pr tracker account for my wife pa.we got eligibilty letter and medical biometric aswell but still not able !
I was only just able to make an account last week for the pr tracker and i just received my PR Portal Invite so the PR tracker has been useless for myself.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
I was only just able to make an account last week for the pr tracker and i just received my PR Portal Invite so the PR tracker has been useless for myself.
I was just able to create my sponsor account but my spouse still can't - lets hope we get portal invite within the next week or two as well

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
I've seen some people get more updates in PR Tracker and vise versa with GCKey. Personally the PR Tracker has always been behind for me compared to GCKey. I think it depends on the officer working on your file!