+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Check to Buffalo has been paid = application being processed?

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
Hi All,
Citibank told me that cashier's check paid to Canadian Consulate in Buffalo has been paid. Is this mean that they are started to process my application? If so, can anyone tell me what happen next, are they sending a case# by email?

TIA

dipit

Nov 2, 2009
Hey nick m in the same boat my cheque was enchased by buffalo on the 8th of september 2009, no news from buffalo office yet..m still waiting :(

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dipit said:
Hey nick m in the same boat my cheque was enchased by buffalo on the 8th of september 2009, no news from buffalo office yet..m still waiting :(
Your AOR and Medicals will be issued before Nov 30th 2009. Issuance doesn't mean that actually OR/Medical will be sent but there will be 2 week lapse time and then you will get it. These data are driven from the trend of various applications.

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
hi!

cashier's check paid to Canadian Consulate in Buffalo has been paid. Is this mean that they are started to process my application? NO

but you can ask your bank for proof and on that copy you can find your file number. You can use it for e-case - if you can log in that's mean your AOR and medical request are on your way (this happen on my case) and they start process of your application.

regards

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onlyy44 said:
hi!

cashier's check paid to Canadian Consulate in Buffalo has been paid. Is this mean that they are started to process my application? NO

but you can ask your bank for proof and on that copy you can find your file number. You can use it for e-case - if you can log in that's mean your AOR and medical request are on your way (this happen on my case) and they start process of your application.

regards
There is a lapse time between check cashing process and actual declaration on ecase with statement like " We started processing your application on Sep 25, 2009......." Start date and check cashing dates are not same. This lapse time could go upto two months.

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
if they already encashed your checks it means that they started looking ar your papers. Based from my experience. Date that check was encashed was May 05, 2009. July 17 we recieved AOR and request for medical at the same time. Oct 17 recieved passport request and as the moment passport with visa stamp is its way back to us. The long wait is over... thank god

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
hi ymanoelpia!

I have the same time line like you for AOR and medical but I am still waiting for PPR :eek:(

regards

onlyy44

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
no I am AB PNP - but this not make difference still PNP fast line - and I sent my documents to Buffalo.

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
We sent our application to Buffalo and it was transferred to Seattle. As far as I know BC PNP is the fastest route. We just got back our passport with visa today. Maybe its a case to case basis, we're just lucky to complete the whole process within 6 months.
Just be patient and your turn will come. We are a filipino applicant and did you know that most filipino applicant under different immigration category was being expedited due to the calamity that hit our nation. This is the canada's way of showing sympathy to the filipino.

nick_s

Star Member
Feb 23, 2009
thx everyone!
with my cashier's check being cashed, while it possible that they can ask for more document down the road, but, can I say that at least it means that Buffalo is not returning my application due to missing info and instead started to look at it.