+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cheap accommodation for a few days in Toronto?

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hello,

I will be coming over to CA to hand in my photos for the PR card. Will be there only for five days, during which I am looking for a cheap but decent accommodation. A pick-up service from the airport would be an added advantage, but is not a must! Any recommendations? Please let me have your recommendations as soon as you can so that I can make my bookings quickly. Time is running out. I havent found anything satisfactory during my searches. I need to visit the St. Clair office in Toronto so any accommodation close to it would be ideal.

Many Thanks

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
americanadian said:
You can stay on a bench in Union Station for free
Americanindian, it may be true but this sounds quite nasty. Was that intentional??

I had asked a genuine question and I had expected some honest answers. Didnt want people to make fun of it.

Thanks anyways for your contribution

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhetorisch said:
Americanindian, it may be true but this sounds quite nasty. Was that intentional??

I had asked a genuine question and I had expected some honest answers. Didnt want people to make fun of it.

Thanks anyways for your contribution
Ignore it, only certain American students would do that sort of stuff :)

What budget do you have in mind (per night)?

Ground transportation

http://www.gtaa.com/en/travellers/airport_information/ground_transportatio/

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Honestly Baloo, I dont have an idea. I guess something like a Bed& Breakfast should be alright. I have no idea of how much that costs. Do you know?

A B&B somewhere close to the office where I need to go (i.e. St. Clair Avenue East) should save time and money and of course energy on travelling. Do we get something like a DAY TRAVEL CARD, which allows you to travel indefinitely on a given day?

Many Thanks

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhetorisch said:
Honestly Baloo, I dont have an idea. I guess something like a Bed& Breakfast should be alright. I have no idea of how much that costs. Do you know?

A B&B somewhere close to the office where I need to go (i.e. St. Clair Avenue East) should save time and money and of course energy on travelling. Do we get something like a DAY TRAVEL CARD, which allows you to travel indefinitely on a given day?

Many Thanks
It has been a while since I stayed in Toronto, so I don't have up to date info'.

You can get travel information at the TTC website.
http://www3.ttc.ca/

Adult Senior/Student
Weekly Pass $36.00 $28.00

They also sell daily passes.

SunAg

Feb 1, 2011
I had done exactly similar exercise myself. So, here some tips.

1. It is just one day task. So, you may not need to keep 5 days for it (unless you have some other plans or want to be very very safe). I would say 3 days at the most should be ok, preferrably during mid-week. Ensure that there are no public holidays during your trip.

2. You may check Yahoo Travel site (travel.yahoo.com) for very economical hotels near internationl airport. Something like under $50 per night might be available. Such hotels normally have complimentary shuttles to-from airport (and breakfast too).

3. You can very easily take a bus to Kipling subway station (hotel front-desk can help) and then Subway to St Claire. Once out of St Claire station, office is just at walking distance. Whole round-trip that day would not cost you more than $15.

Hope it helps you. Good luck !

New Ontarian

Apr 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The below are very close to St. Claire office

Toronto Suites
2 Elm Ave Glen, Toronto, ON M4T 1T8, Canada
+1 416-489-4611

Legacy Hotel
254 Heath Street East, Toronto, ON M4T 1T2, Canada

I would suggest that you identify hotels near by through Google maps and then have good deal though booking.com

Good Luck...

lilmaple

Nov 26, 2010
rhetorisch said:
Hello,

I will be coming over to CA to hand in my photos for the PR card.
Mind if I ask you please, how did you come to know that you need to hand in your photos for the PR card? as per what I understand, when they asked for PPR along with the photographs, that photographs will be used for the PR card.

Thanks,
lilmaple

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
rhetorisch said:
Hello,

I will be coming over to CA to hand in my photos for the PR card. Will be there only for five days, during which I am looking for a cheap but decent accommodation. A pick-up service from the airport would be an added advantage, but is not a must! Any recommendations? Please let me have your recommendations as soon as you can so that I can make my bookings quickly. Time is running out. I havent found anything satisfactory during my searches. I need to visit the St. Clair office in Toronto so any accommodation close to it would be ideal.

Many Thanks
Hi, check the below site.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-housing-room-rental-roommates-W0QQCatIdZ36

Cheers..