+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHCSingapore- When will they return the passport

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
Hi,
I received a letter from CHC Singapore asking me to submit my passport and birth certificate for them to further my PR processing.

The letter clearly states "Please allow 2 weeks to process the visa"

And they said they will call me and let me know by when I will get my passport back.

I submitted the requested document son the 17th of Feb and its been 2 weeks +1 day today and I havent received any call from them.
I am getting worried, since I am in a foreign country and my passport is my primary identity here. I mean how long do they want to hold someone's passport to stick on visa sticker?

Anyone out there who knows or has an idea of when they will return my passport? Anyone been through this ordeal?

I am thinking of going down there and asking them for the status.

Please help....

Thanks..

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
on trackitt it shows that it takes any where from 10 days to 1 month on average to receive back a passport from Singapore.

Check it out yourself:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

on the draw down tabs at the top click:

Canadian Visa Office : Singapour singapour

Family Program : spouse

and click go

if the name is highlighted green that means they have been approved.

Good Luck.. it wil be coming soon... i know its a hard wait!

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi Angel:

Would you mind sharing the info about your passport received from CHC-Singapore. My wife submitted her passport through CHC-Bangladesh and they turn the passport to CHC-Singapore to have it stampped. Becaue of the transfer between two CHC, it takes a bit longer. I was trying to estimate a time frame. In this F*****G waiting game that's the only thing we could do.

Thanks,

angel286

Feb 3, 2010
Hi Russel,

They told me it would take a week or two and it took me about 15 days total (A day extra). I actually just walked into CHC-Singapore asking them for my status since it was over 2 weeks. I am from Singapore so I did it in person.
Not sure about Bangladesh processing times....

thai/peg

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Winnipeg, Canada and Trang Thailand
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband's passport took 12 days including sat and sun to go from Canada to Singapore and back to Canada. Sent it on a Wednesday, arrived on the following Monday in Singapore and then we recieved it back the Monday after that.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
I got mine in exactly 1 week. 2 weeks is a precaution. I was living in Singapore then. The receptionist that takes your passport will confirm with you. Remember to bring along a self-addressed manila envelope that is at least A4 size - if you have more than 1 passports you might want to get a bigger envelope - they will use this to return your passports and COPR even if you are collecting in person.

If you cannot stay for 2 weeks, bring along your plane ticket to show that you have time constraints. My aunt had to make a business trip 3 days after submitting her passport and they returned it to her before she left. Even with the plane ticket though expect them to take at least 2 business days. They process applications faster for foreigners than for locals because they know that foreigners can't stay long.

Remember to take into account any Singapore public holidays because the office will be closed then. I think there is Labour Day coming up in May.