+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2012 -2013

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N.Ali said:
can i take my homeopathic capsules with me when i come to canada? or will there be any issues?
also i use hair tonic its like oil from Forhanse, can i bring tht too?
Ali how you doing? Long time bro .... whats ur status on the case?

Yes you can take medications with you as long as you carry a prescription by the doctor as proof that you need these meds as a necessity.

Do not carry any meds for which you don't have any prescription.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkhan787 said:
Hello everyone,

Can you please advise what is the best way to get my MP to inquire about my case?

Should you contact via email, phone, or directly show up at their office?

I've emailed LVO, but that will take a month, if they do reply at all.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Email worked best for me although meeting with the MP office assistant also benefited since its good to put a face to the name :)

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
havehope2014 said:
Alhamdulilah thanks Allah mighty a millions times, my husband received his passport back with visa ! It's an amazing feeling I hope everyone gets the same feeling soon inshallah !
Congratsss! Awesome!

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkhan787 said:
Salam sister! Great too see you back on the forum with your immigration hassle over!!
I wish I had 5% of the patience you had... I remember your process took 4+ yrs if I'm not wrong.

Sis I have a question for you & anyone else who would know....

My wife and I are getting stressed now with no PP returned and we're entering week 7 now, whereas the PPR letter said expect to take 4 weeks and if nothing in 4 weeks contact us.
Other members who got PPR same day already got PP back past week.

I am wondering if there's an issue now... mainly because of 2 reasons:

#1 on wifes original application she had no travel history, however after wedding I took her to Dubai 2 times. So now her current passport has 2 Dubai stamps whereas before she had 0 travel history. We didn't inform CHC about trips.

#2 also for her original application she got her PK passport 1st time ever... However it got damaged after we applied... she took damaged PP to get replaced which they did no problems but now she has a new passport number and Issue date, expiration date. The new PP # is same as 1st PP however last digit is changed and it says 'Damaged' in brackets by PP #.

I.e. 1st PP: 123ABC456 ... 2nd PP: 123ABC457 (DAMAGED)

So we're now worried if these might be the reason for the delay in our return of PP.

I have emailed LVO as they required after 4 weeks of no PP returned. But who knows when or if they'll reply. Ordering Notes is another month long wait also.
I'm thinking of getting my wife to fax Islamabad CHC and I will try to contact my MP from here in Canada.

Any suggestions from you or anyone please, would be grateful!

Thank you
- Khan

I hope and pray your husband finds work asap here in CA and that all spouses waiting for this process to end soon iA !
Salam bro! Reason number 2 seems more plausible as to why your PPT is delayed ... maybe the passport number on the original application may not match the one you sent to Islamabad?

Did you report to London Visa Office about the new passport number and that the original was damaged? They do verify the passport number on file with the actual passport they receive before printing the visa ... I'm sure the PPT number they have on file is the old damaged one ... not the new one and maybe that's the cause ... ordering notes won't hurt ... LVO responds in 28 days anyways so I suggest you take both routes in addition to sending the fax to Isbad office. Speaking with the MP is also beneficial since they have the reply within a couple of business days.

I recommend you try all these options .... what's there to lose?

kingkhan787

Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wasalam.

My thinking was that if there would be any issues, they would bring it up ASAP... not 1+ month later... They received the PPT Dec 3rd 2014!!

I did not notify them of new passport number. Bc its the same person, and on the new passport specifically says 'Damaged' and the sequence of the #s is same, just the last digit is 1 sum higher. So I didn't think it would be that huge of a deal.

Its not like the new passport has a totally different #... just the last number is changed and on the 2nd page it specifically says Damaged.
example: Old passport #: P1234567 --- New passport #: P1234568(DAMAGED)
it says Damaged right next to the PPT# and only on the 2nd page (the page behind the Bio Data page)

Not totally sure if this would be such a huge ordeal, as PPTs expire and have a chance of getting lost/damaged/stolen etc. (especially in Pak lol)

I hope its not an issue... my wife is stressed-out sitting there waiting each weekday for her PPT and now i am too.
I'm sure its on its way.... but then there's this small chance might be delayed further. I want to eliminate any chances of delays.

Notes will be a waste of time now, if I order today I'll get it Mid-February ... Passport better be back well before then!!

Already emailed LVO on Monday 5th -- nothing from them yet.

On Monday will email my MP and will get my wife to fax CHC-ISB as well.

I'm sure it's on its way... hopefully by Tuesday.
But I don't want to chance it.

BTW today is our exact 2 YEARS anniversary since our application arrived in the hands of CIC-Mississauga.

What a dreadful process :-\

Plz keep us and the rest of us waiting in your prayers!

- Khan

OmNi2012 said:
Salam bro! Reason number 2 seems more plausible as to why your PPT is delayed ... maybe the passport number on the original application may not match the one you sent to Islamabad?

Did you report to London Visa Office about the new passport number and that the original was damaged? They do verify the passport number on file with the actual passport they receive before printing the visa ... I'm sure the PPT number they have on file is the old damaged one ... not the new one and maybe that's the cause ... ordering notes won't hurt ... LVO responds in 28 days anyways so I suggest you take both routes in addition to sending the fax to Isbad office. Speaking with the MP is also beneficial since they have the reply within a couple of business days.

I recommend you try all these options .... what's there to lose?

ak23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2014
Doc's Request.
submitted with the file
File Transfer...
May 2014
Med's Request
na
Med's Done....
Mar 2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Jan 12 2015
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah soon
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
how much time do they allow the applicant to stay in pakistan after the PPR2 is completed? as my wife's medical is to expire end of Feb.

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kingkhan787 said:
Wasalam.

My thinking was that if there would be any issues, they would bring it up ASAP... not 1+ month later... They received the PPT Dec 3rd 2014!!

I did not notify them of new passport number. Bc its the same person, and on the new passport specifically says 'Damaged' and the sequence of the #s is same, just the last digit is 1 sum higher. So I didn't think it would be that huge of a deal.

Its not like the new passport has a totally different #... just the last number is changed and on the 2nd page it specifically says Damaged.
it says Damaged right next to the PPT# and only on the 2nd page (the page behind the Bio Data page)

Not totally sure if this would be such a huge ordeal, as PPTs expire and have a chance of getting lost/damaged/stolen etc. (especially in Pak lol)

I hope its not an issue... my wife is stressed-out sitting there waiting each weekday for her PPT and now i am too.
I'm sure its on its way.... but then there's this small chance might be delayed further. I want to eliminate any chances of delays.

Notes will be a waste of time now, if I order today I'll get it Mid-February ... Passport better be back well before then!!

BTW today is our exact 2 YEARS anniversary since our application arrived in the hands of CIC-Mississauga.

- Khan
I know what you mean and sorry you're going throught this. Don't worry and pray ... inshaaAllah you'll get your PPT this week! :)

OmNi2012

Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak23 said:
how much time do they allow the applicant to stay in pakistan after the PPR2 is completed? as my wife's medical is to expire end of Feb.
Then chances are they may extend your medical results by a few months or ask you to do another remedical as expiry of remedical results determine the expiry of the visa.

SparkBeni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
submitted to ISB-- now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2012
Doc's Request.
10-09-2014
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
25-01-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2012 first med, 25-06-2014 2nd med
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
sooon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soonnn
I reached Canada last month..I need to know that when I have recived my passport and landing papers I didn't get anything regarding my permanent residence.is there any other cases like mine?in this situation what should I do and to whom should I contact? Please help.

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
SparkBeni said:
I reached Canada last month..I need to know that when I have recived my passport and landing papers I didn't get anything regarding my permanent residence.is there any other cases like mine?in this situation what should I do and to whom should I contact? Please help.
I didnt understand your question....

Well you get your PR once you are in Canada, you land in canada you show them your landing papers and at the same time they fill an application for PR and you get PR after a month or so, if you reach canada on saturday or sunday they dont submit your application for PR so you should visit service ontario to submit PR forms

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
kingkhan787 said:
Wasalam.

- Khan

Well, it does make a difference if the passport no changes as London forwards the visa to isb n they just attach it to the file. If London was not informed about the change of Passport no, they would have sent the visa against the old passport and THAT causes delays. I would suggest get you mp involved and find out the reason of delay n clear it asap. I know someone who had the same issue a couple of months ago. She informed them about the change but for some reason they missed it n didn't update her file. When she got ppr the passport return was delayed cos they had the old info only. They asked her to send the passport copy and then they issued her the visa against her new pp no. Hope this helps.

hladha

Aug 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
August 2013
File Transfer...
Jan 2014 to London office
Med's Request
10 Dec 2014 (done)
Interview........
19 Jan 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Jan 2015
LANDED..........
25 Jan 2015
ak23 said:
I would suggest tell your wife to be prepared to fly out as soon as she gets back her passport. Recently an applicant was given just 3 days to land cos his medical was expiring after that. So don't expect them to extend it unless they have told you so. Just be prepared. Best of luck

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ak23 said:
The validity of the Visa would be mentioned in the email from CIC.