Med's Request
+++June 2012
Med's Done....
++++July 2012
Passport Req..
+++++Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
++++++Dec 2012
Btw, if anyone doesn't know of CanLII, please check it out and read some cases. Very sh :eek:cking decisions.

http://www.canlii.org

khushi humesha 100

Nov 20, 2011
Visa Office......
chc -isb (wife case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2010
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th march 2012
Passport Req..
31st july 2012 Alhamdullilah :)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 18th aug PP back with visa on 1st Sep 2012 Alhamdullilah :) :)
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah sep 30th 2012 :)
does anyone know abt latest update of super spouse visa issuing by canada ????i have heard abt it from some one but i'm really not sure & even don't have any information of it.i want to ask has anyone also heard abt it?

B

bestplace4u

khushi humesha 100 said:
does anyone know abt latest update of super spouse visa issuing by canada ????i have heard abt it from some one but i'm really not sure & even don't have any information of it.i want to ask has anyone also heard abt it?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
Now that Nikah vs. Rukhsati argument has been beaten to death, is there any member out there who would like to share any good/positive news regarding the sponsorship process? Is the excel spreadsheet updated regularly? I'm dying to hear some good news!!!! :)

phantom

Dec 11, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I pray that Allah makes it easy for all spouses in their applications. Ameen.

Just to add my two cents, My application was transferred to Islamabad in April 2011. In October I contacted my local MP to check the status of my application. They contacted Islamabad and gave me following reply. This reply was received on october 11th:-

Greetings from Islamabad,

Thank you for your e-mail below. This application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review. Currently applications created in September 2010 are in process for initial assessment. This application was received in April 2011 and would be processed for initial assessment in coming months.

I think this means that my application will be opened in April/May time frame.

Lets keep praying for everyone!

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
phantom said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I pray that Allah makes it easy for all spouses in their applications. Ameen.

Just to add my two cents, My application was transferred to Islamabad in April 2011. In October I contacted my local MP to check the status of my application. They contacted Islamabad and gave me following reply. This reply was received on october 11th:-

Thank you for your e-mail below. This application is currently in process and is in queue for initial review. Currently applications created in September 2010 are in process for initial assessment. This application was received in April 2011 and would be processed for initial assessment in coming months.

This means, the file is in the store room on the waiting lists. They haven't read cases yet. Yes, I am also in the same category of 1st April 2011.

intellix

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Arkansas2045 said:
is there any member out there who would like to share any good/positive news regarding the sponsorship process? Is the excel spreadsheet updated regularly? I'm dying to hear some good news!!!! :)
Well I will update our 2011 excel file in a couple of days with the the new members but haven't seen any news or updates from any 2011 applicants. I wish I could hear updates from depression or gola_jee, as they were the first 2011 cases to get updates but have disappeared since then. (Don't know what the story behind them was...)

intellix

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
phantom said:
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the waiting line! That's good news that your MP got such a specific reply. Usually, they don't process the files in the first 10-12 months but your MP got a specific reply in regards to which cases are currently being cleared out. Small % of the spousal sponsorship applicants are members of this forum and from recent activity in the 2010 thread, we have seen many October 2010 cases getting updates. So, that email confirms that they are clearing out Sept/Oct 2010 AORs at the moment.

Inshallah, the 2011 cases should have start getting updates in the February to April of new year. May Allah make our cases go smoothly and rejoin us with our better halves very soon.

phantom

Dec 11, 2011
Intellix .. I wasnt even expecting a response from my MP but I am surprised they contacted the embassy and got back in a very short time. They also gave me my File number which I didnt receive in mail.

Canada555. My case is exactly the same. Applied in Feb. Missisauga cleared it in March and on April 1st it was in Islamabad. Is your case nikah only or rukhsati?

intellix

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
phantom said:
Intellix .. I wasnt even expecting a response from my MP but I am surprised they contacted the embassy and got back in a very short time. They also gave me my File number which I didnt receive in mail.
If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me which MP did you contact? Which region is that MP from?

babarkhan

Star Member
Feb 21, 2011
LOL at the nikah and rukhsati argument.If ur marriae is genuine it doesnt matter if its nikah or rukhsati.They dont specifcally ask u if u have done ur rkhsati or not? MY AUNT JUST ARRIVED IN VANCOUVER THIS YEAR IN JULY.IT TOOK HER 13 Months.IT WAS NIKAH ONLY. So chill guys.

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slam to all,

I have seen an anomaly on my online status. It is now showing my (sponsor) mailing address and current address. Mailing address is okay but current address is my old address (it was like 3 years old address and i think i never gave this address and still it is showing as my current address...strange) Did any of you see this thing too.
My application was moved to ISB in august 11. Only thing i conclude from this that there is a movement on my file. what is that .. i don't know...
waslam

lionheart7

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Alhumdulillah, By the grace of Allah Almighty my wife has RECEIVED HER PPT WITH VISA. The entire process took 18 months. Below is my timeline (Wife case).
Applied to CiC Mississauga : June 2010
File Transferred to CHC ISB: July 2010
AOR: July 2010
Voluntarily submitted proof of relationship such as email copies, photos with wife, western union receipts and flight tickets: Oct 2010
Request for PCC, Supplementary form, Family Information Form etc and reception, Rukhsati, honeymoon and other social gathering pics: July 2011
Above Documents sent : August 18, 2011
Remedical Request: August 27, 2011
Remedical done: September 13, 2011
Remedical Received at New Delhi Office: October 4, 2011
Remedical Results available to CHC ISB: 21 Oct 2011.
Request to resubmit Schedule A – Background Declaration : October 19, 2011 (I made some mistakes by leaving gap in personal history)
Schedule A resubmitted: October 10, 2011 (I knew in advance through MP office that this request was coming so I submitted the revised form before the letter arrived)
Address Disappeared from Ecas: November 9, 2011
Address Reappeared : November 16, 2011
Passport Request: November 19, 2011 (letter dated 16 November 2011)
ECAS status changed to Decision Made: 1 Dec , 2011
Passport Returned with Visa : 7 Dec 2011

LESSONS LEARNT

• My file was reviewed by the Immigration officer exactly 1 year after it was received at the CHC ISB from Mississauga.
• During the processing of immigration application, I applied for study permit in November 2011 which was refused in May 2011. I re-applied for study permit in May 2011 and the decision was never made on that application. I finally had to withdraw my study permit application as soon as I received a PPR for immigration application.
• I went to MP numerous times and they did not help whatsoever in expediting the process but they do help in finding the status of application and that's about it. Don't expect them to help expedite your application. They will NEVER do that. The only time an MP will intervene when it's a “life and Death” situation.
• MPs (or their staff) can obtain the status of immigration applications from CiC's Ministerial Enquiry Division (MED) in Ottawa. Every note that a Visa Officer enter on your file is accessible in Ottawa.
• The embassy takes 3-4 weeks to attach the documents to your file after you submit them. They review the documents when the Bring Forward Date arrives.
• The Bring Forward date is exactly the same as the number of days given to you in the letter from the embassy to send documentation. For example if you receive a letter from embassy with a date August 1 and the embassy gives you 30 days to respond then your Bring Forward date would be Sept 1.
• DO NOT use Designated Medical Professional (DMP) Dr. Arif Mehmood Siddiqui based in Lahore. His staff is rude, lazy, and highly unprofessional. They take 3-4 weeks to send the medical results to New Delhi which slows down the whole process at a very critical time.
• Make sure you don't leave any gaps in personal history section of Schedule A/background declaration form.
• Had I not made a mistake on the Schedule A form and received a request for further pics for Rukhsati, I would have had my application processed within 15 months. Thus it implies that any request for further proof of relationship or other documents can add up many months to the application process. So be careful and make sure complete marriage proofs are provided to the embassy and don't make any mistake on application forms.
• This was initially Nikkah only case but Rukhsati was done before the request of further evidence came from CHC ISB. So i did not get any objection but I was asked to provide further proofs and I had the documentation ready to send as soon as the request came through but it did delay the process by at least 3 months.
• This has been the most painful period of my life but it passed. Thanks Allah. We are now getting reunited which is the best part of my life. My prayers are with those who are still waiting. My advice is just to be patient and keep yourself busy in your daily life. Do not discuss the visa issues with your spouse too much as it causes frustration, and can negatively impact your relationship as you are already having a long distance relationship. Time is the main factor in the whole process, but it passes.

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
lionheart7 said:
Alhumdulillah, By the grace of Allah Almighty my wife has RECEIVED HER PPT WITH VISA. The entire process took 18 months. Below is my timeline (Wife case).
Voluntarily submitted proof of relationship such as email copies, photos with wife, western union receipts and flight tickets: Oct 2010
Request for PCC, Supplementary form, Family Information Form etc and reception, Rukhsati, honeymoon and other social gathering pics: July 2011
Request to resubmit Schedule A – Background Declaration : October 19, 2011 (I made some mistakes by leaving gap in personal history)
Schedule A resubmitted: October 10, 2011 (I knew in advance through MP office that this request was coming so I submitted the revised form before the letter arrived)

LESSONS LEARNT

• My file was reviewed by the Immigration officer exactly 1 year after it was received at the CHC ISB from Mississauga.
• During the processing of immigration application, I applied for study permit in November 2011 which was refused in May 2011. I re-applied for study permit in May 2011 and the decision was never made on that application. I finally had to withdraw my study permit application as soon as I received a PPR for immigration application.
• I went to MP numerous times and they did not help whatsoever in expediting the process but they do help in finding the status of application and that's about it. Don't expect them to help expedite your application. They will NEVER do that. The only time an MP will intervene when it's a “life and Death” situation.
• MPs (or their staff) can obtain the status of immigration applications from CiC's Ministerial Enquiry Division (MED) in Ottawa. Every note that a Visa Officer enter on your file is accessible in Ottawa.
• The embassy takes 3-4 weeks to attach the documents to your file after you submit them. They review the documents when the Bring Forward Date arrives.
• The Bring Forward date is exactly the same as the number of days given to you in the letter from the embassy to send documentation. For example if you receive a letter from embassy with a date August 1 and the embassy gives you 30 days to respond then your Bring Forward date would be Sept 1.
• DO NOT use Designated Medical Professional (DMP) Dr. Arif Mehmood Siddiqui based in Lahore. His staff is rude, lazy, and highly unprofessional. They take 3-4 weeks to send the medical results to New Delhi which slows down the whole process at a very critical time.
• Make sure you don't leave any gaps in personal history section of Schedule A/background declaration form.
• Had I not made a mistake on the Schedule A form and received a request for further pics for Rukhsati, I would have had my application processed within 15 months. Thus it implies that any request for further proof of relationship or other documents can add up many months to the application process. So be careful and make sure complete marriage proofs are provided to the embassy and don't make any mistake on application forms.
• This was initially Nikkah only case but Rukhsati was done before the request of further evidence came from CHC ISB. So i did not get any objection but I was asked to provide further proofs and I had the documentation ready to send as soon as the request came through but it did delay the process by at least 3 months.
• This has been the most painful period of my life but it passed. Thanks Allah. We are now getting reunited which is the best part of my life. My prayers are with those who are still waiting. My advice is just to be patient and keep yourself busy in your daily life. Do not discuss the visa issues with your spouse too much as it causes frustration, and can negatively impact your relationship as you are already having a long distance relationship. Time is the main factor in the whole process, but it passes.
Bohat Bohat Mubarak ho! :) You must be on top of the world right now ;) Anyways, thank you for sharing your experience with us. All the best!

SabaK

Nov 30, 2011
lionheart7 said:

LESSONS LEARNT

Congratulations to your and your wife