khalidi65

Mar 31, 2011
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CHC, Islamabad , Pakistan
App. Filed.......: 22- Mar -2011
AOR Received.: CPC,M - Apr - 2011
File Transfer...: - May - 2011

Total Time .....: 6 months and 4 days.

Nikkah case but with lot of photos/reception/receipts/sms/phone records etc. It was bcos of my son work commitment in Canada and he had only 4 days. Secondly his wife is a full time medical student and expected to graduate in 2012.We indicated in application categorically that Rukhsti planned in Dec 2011 and all arrangement are finalised accordingly. We plan to send loads of documents in Dec 2011 about all functions of Rukhsti.
I would like to seek opinion of friends
1) Initially E cas indicated application received 6th May 2011 at CHC Isb. In Aug additional remarks on E cas application received on 6th May 2011 and started processing on 9th May 2011. After couple of days processing remarks removed. What could be the possible reasons
2) Approximately when should we expect visa

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidi65 said:

Nikkah case but with lot of photos/reception/receipts/sms/phone records etc. It was bcos of my son work commitment in Canada and he had only 4 days. Secondly his wife is a full time medical student and expected to graduate in 2012.We indicated in application categorically that Rukhsti planned in Dec 2011 and all arrangement are finalised accordingly. We plan to send loads of documents in Dec 2011 about all functions of Rukhsti.
1) Initially E cas indicated application received 6th May 2011 at CHC Isb. In Aug additional remarks on E cas application received on 6th May 2011 and started processing on 9th May 2011. After couple of days processing remarks removed. What could be the possible reasons
you don't have to worry too much on it.....as long as you perform the rukhsati in december 2011 and subsequently submit them loads of proofs it's going to be perfectly fine :).....mine was also transferred in May 2011....but it was a complete wedding and a husband's case......
make sure you spend a few days with your wife when doing rukhsati in december.......it can make your case stronger.....your file probably will be reviewed for the first time in April or May 2012 (it takes almost a year for it)....so there's enough time for you to send them updated proofs of relationship and proofs of contact.....after your first review if they're satisfied that it's a genuine relationship, rePCC, Imm forms and reMed could follow then.....no one can give you an exact estimate of when your wife will receive visa.....but having seen the recent trend of application processing for wives with straight forward cases you can expect to receive it within anywhere between 3-6 months after initial review of your application....
my wild guess is your wife should get her visa by the end of summer next year InshAllah :) ......this is the answer from my side for your question# 1........for your second question i don't have an answer due to lack of experience in Ecas updates.......
pray to Allah and have faith......

yasirman

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Jun-14-2012/Oct-01-2012
AOR Received.
April-05-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-08-2011
Med's Request
July-14- 2012
Med's Done....
July-19-2012
Passport Req..
Mar-28-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-12-2013
LANDED..........
July-12-2013 Insha'Allah
App. Filed.......: 08- Jun -2011
AOR Received.: CPC,M - Aug - 2011
File Transfer...: Aug - 2011

Haven't heard anything since then!

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasirman said:
App. Filed.......: 08- Jun -2011
AOR Received.: CPC,M - Aug - 2011
File Transfer...: Aug - 2011

Haven't heard anything since then!
bro/sis you haven't mentioned whether it's a husband's case or a wife's.......did you receive electronic AOR of sponsorship approval from Mississauga? (they emailed you only?) .....or you received a paper version of it.....my wife received only electronic vesrion....
more on you app......you're not going to hear anything from CHC-I for almost a year after which they do the initial review of your application and if it's a straight forward case then it will take a few more months to receive the visa (these days 2-4 months for wife and 4-6 months for husband).......cheeers

yasirman

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Jun-14-2012/Oct-01-2012
AOR Received.
April-05-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-08-2011
Med's Request
July-14- 2012
Med's Done....
July-19-2012
Passport Req..
Mar-28-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-12-2013
LANDED..........
July-12-2013 Insha'Allah
tuco said:
bro/sis you haven't mentioned whether it's a husband's case or a wife's.......did you receive electronic AOR of sponsorship approval from Mississauga? (they emailed you only?) .....or you received a paper version of it.....my wife received only electronic vesrion....
more on you app......you're not going to hear anything from CHC-I for almost a year after which they do the initial review of your application and if it's a straight forward case then it will take a few more months to receive the visa (these days 2-4 months for wife and 4-6 months for husband).......cheeers
Sorry mate!
My wife applied my case from Toronto! She received a letter saying that my case has been forwarded to relevant country that is CHC Islamabad, meanwhile my daughter was born in Canada, as my wife was alone there so i have called her back along with my daughter until my application is under process.

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasirman said:
Sorry mate!
My wife applied my case from Toronto! She received a letter saying that my case has been forwarded to relevant country that is CHC Islamabad, meanwhile my daughter was born in Canada, as my wife was alone there so i have called her back along with my daughter until my application is under process.
man you have just started........it's a long journey......may Allah help us all overcome the pain of this wait game.....
well i don't know your circumstances, but if the sponsor stays longer with the applicant in the home country CIC normally sends them an objection letter asking them to explain if the the sponsor has any ties back in canada and that you both will go back together once the visa is ready to be issued......it doesn't affect your case as such but it does delay your case for a few months and you have to provide them with lots of proofs to show that the sponsor does have intention to go back to canada with the applicant.......tc

yasirman

Star Member
Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Jun-14-2012/Oct-01-2012
AOR Received.
April-05-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-08-2011
Med's Request
July-14- 2012
Med's Done....
July-19-2012
Passport Req..
Mar-28-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jun-12-2013
LANDED..........
July-12-2013 Insha'Allah
tuco said:
man you have just started........it's a long journey......may Allah help us all overcome the pain of this wait game.....
well i don't know your circumstances, but if the sponsor stays longer with the applicant in the home country CIC normally sends them an objection letter asking them to explain if the the sponsor has any ties back in canada and that you both will go back together once the visa is ready to be issued......it doesn't affect your case as such but it does delay your case for a few months and you have to provide them with lots of proofs to show that the sponsor does have intention to go back to canada with the applicant.......tc
I know my wife and daughter are leaving after 6 weeks, actually my daughter is a bit ill she is suffering from some kind of breathing disorder i think once she gets back to Canada i'll apply for a temporary visa, as my wife lives there alone and it would get difficult for her to take care of an infant (especially in winter), let's see what happens. moreover i have also got admission in a college to complete my ACCA but i don't think i'll be able to make it by the course starting date that is 22 feb 2011. i called CIC asking them about my student admission they told me to apply for a student visa while my spousal application is under process,(gave a reference DUAL INTENT) i'm confused don't know which way to proceed.

QD

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
khalidi65 said:

. Hi, i think the second update on ecas after application is recieved at visa office can be the date when an initial review starts. This is just my assumption. I'm not sure abt it because senior members suggest that initial review starts after 9-12 months. It is mentioned by many members over here that they get the second update on ecas but then the status gets back to previous one. what does this second update mean? if anyone has idea then pls share with us.

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Husband Case!
Visa Office: Islamabad

Application Filed: July 2011
Tranfered to ISB: Sept 2011

I got Application # with approval from CPC-M
Total time after transfer to Isb: 1.5 months

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasirman said:
I know my wife and daughter are leaving after 6 weeks, actually my daughter is a bit ill she is suffering from some kind of breathing disorder i think once she gets back to Canada i'll apply for a temporary visa, as my wife lives there alone and it would get difficult for her to take care of an infant (especially in winter), let's see what happens. moreover i have also got admission in a college to complete my ACCA but i don't think i'll be able to make it by the course starting date that is 22 feb 2011. i called CIC asking them about my student admission they told me to apply for a student visa while my spousal application is under process,(gave a reference DUAL INTENT) i'm confused don't know which way to proceed.
dear i totally sympathize with you..........i would rather say keep your wife and daughter with you here in pak..........the final decision in this regard will be yours def......
about student visa i personally won't recommend you going for that.......if you get refused, it can create problems with your PR visa application.......

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QD said:
. Hi, i think the second update on ecas after application is recieved at visa office can be the date when an initial review starts. This is just my assumption. I'm not sure abt it because senior members suggest that initial review starts after 9-12 months. It is mentioned by many members over here that they get the second update on ecas but then the status gets back to previous one. what does this second update mean? if anyone has idea then pls share with us.
QD please hare your timeline :) and if it's a husband or wife's case....we're urging more members to join this thread belonging to 2011....

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabii said:
Husband Case!
Visa Office: Islamabad

Application Filed: July 2011
Tranfered to ISB: Sept 2011

I got Application # with approval from CPC-M
Total time after transfer to Isb: 1.5 months
good......have you emailed them yet to get your immigration file#??? if not then do it asap as it's already been 2 months since file transfer to ISB

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
tuco said:
good......have you emailed them yet to get your immigration file#??? if not then do it asap as it's already been 2 months since file transfer to ISB
i got application # so is it different from file #???

tuco

May 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabii said:
i got application # so is it different from file #???
yeah it's absolutely different from application# or the one you got from CPC-Mississauga (Client ID #)......the file # i told you about is the one you get from visa office.......in our case CHC-Islamabad......email them with your husband's and your information that you haven't received your file # .....they will reply to you with your immigration file # on top of the email.......hope it helps

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
tuco said:
yeah it's absolutely different from application# or the one you got from CPC-Mississauga (Client ID #)......the file # i told you about is the one you get from visa office.......in our case CHC-Islamabad......email them with your husband's and your information that you haven't received your file # .....they will reply to you with your immigration file # on top of the email.......hope it helps
i thought application and file # are same because when i checked status online it says Application #/immigration file #......i enetered application # and i was able to check his status.....