Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
Princesss said:
Just curious wanted to know that the temporary 2 yrs visa for spouse in the new law counts for which cases? 2012 cases or for all the visas granted after the law passed or all the cases filed after the law passed??
all the cases filed after the law

I am waiting

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 2011
File Transfer...
NOV 2011
VISA ISSUED...
InshaALLAH SOON
khanintransit said:
ALHAMDULILLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i also have received bak my pp wid visa shukar alhamdulillah.
app filed in june 2011
transferred to isl in july 2011
additional and rukhsati proof request in april 2012
remed + ppr in sep
decision made on 17th nov
pp bak on 20th nov
ALHAMDULILLAH!!!
many many congrats :)
remember us in ur prayers

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
Ummmm said:
Hello people...I need a little help in understanding the situation..Senior members Danny bhai and all others please help me out.
So I asked my husband to inquire from his mp about the status of our application as we have sent 3 emails to isb office but they haven't replied. The MPs assistant who deals with immigration stuff told my husband that they get updates from an office in Ottawa that has access to our files and it takes a maximum of 14 working days to get a reply but sometimes they reply quicker...
I have seen people get response from their MPs but usually it is directly from the isb embassy..isn't it?
Today the MPs assistant finally got back to us and told us that our file has not even been touched yet and nothing has been done so far and it will at least be another 6 to 8 months and that isb embassy tells them that they start viewing the files after 16 months of being transferred. My husband asked him why some people hear back within 6 months and he said that CIC has to complete at least 20% of the files within a year so they just process some files quicker to meet that target.
He gave all this info on the phone to my husband saying they don't give updates in writing...
I am really confused, does it really work like this?
I have asked my husband to order the GCMS notes so we can be sure...
I am just gonna move to the US for now, I really cant deal with this torture..if they open our file after 16 months and then initiate background check after that it would mean i am stuck here for 3 years as I have travel history so background check might take longer
Please guys what do you think about this?
if u have option to move usa USA and u can live there then move there and change ur visa office u would gett process done fast from USA office ,, specialy if u reside towards michigan side detroit office is bit fast

Omar Mirza

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Congrats to those who got their passports back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for you guys to fly. . .

Ummmm

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
January 2012
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
October 2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Thank you guys for your response...I do have the option to move to the US but should I get my file transferred to some office in the US? it is almost a year since I have applied and its a full wedding what if the transfer takes forever, is it better to leave the file get processed here since its almost been a year since I have applied?

Ummmm

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
January 2012
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
October 2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
tuyen said:
You're aware that the current timeline for the Islamabad visa office is 26 months, right?

Yes, some people will get it sooner, some people will get it right at 26 months, and some people will need 32 months.

There's no point in asking "why do some people get it quicker than others?" That's just reality. They can't process ALL applications on the same day to make everybody happy at the exact same time.
Yes Tuyen I am aware of that...but recently I have noticed it takes around 16 to 20 months on average for full wedding cases unless there is some complication like second marriage, too much age difference or forms not properly filled out etc or nikkah only cases...
lol the MP said that once they open your file it takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months for it to get processed.. I have seen you commenting on several threads so do you think this is more of a political reason? since if they really wanted to bring the timeline down its very much possible..some cases get done much faster and some actually get done within 3 months of file being opened but sadly they open the files after more than 16 months..do you think its a tactic to discourage people from marrying in Pakistan or mostly not enough good links between the govts of the two countries?
Oh well it is what it is..my career is pretty doomed though due to such a long career gap im gonna end up with..

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
Ummmm said:
Thank you guys for your response...I do have the option to move to the US but should I get my file transferred to some office in the US? it is almost a year since I have applied and its a full wedding what if the transfer takes forever, is it better to leave the file get processed here since its almost been a year since I have applied?
yes if already year i spass then dont transfer ur file.. i know few girl they went to USA and there case for canadian immigration was in process when they get passport request they came back pakistan and submit PP here in pak for visa stamping

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ummmm said:
I have seen you commenting on several threads so do you think this is more of a political reason?
There's probably an element of politics involved, although I don't know how much exactly. But it makes sense that there would be some additional scrutiny placed on applicants coming from the country that was hiding bin Laden.

Ummmm said:
since if they really wanted to bring the timeline down its very much possible..some cases get done much faster and some actually get done within 3 months of file being opened but sadly they open the files after more than 16 months..do you think its a tactic to discourage people from marrying in Pakistan or mostly not enough good links between the govts of the two countries?
I don't think there's too much they could do to discourage people except to completely ban immigrants from certain countries, and that's not the case.

Keep in mind though that Pakistan is not the only country with long wait times. The current processing time for Singapore is almost the same as Pakistan, and the Canadian government doesn't have any bad relations with Singapore. South Africa is another one with long wait times - even longer than Pakistan.

Some visa offices simply have longer wait times because they get a lot more applicants compared to other countries, or because they have fewer people working at some offices compared to others. There are all kinds of factors that go into determining processing times, and it's impossible to pinpoint one specific thing.

Ummmm said:
Oh well it is what it is..my career is pretty doomed though due to such a long career gap im gonna end up with..
What does your career gap have to do with a spousal application?

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
waiting110 said:
all the cases filed after the law
This law doesn't means anything to people who are waiting to meet their love of LIFE :( I MISS YOU!

Ummmm

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
January 2012
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
October 2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
MRS SAM said:
yes if already year i spass then dont transfer ur file.. i know few girl they went to USA and there case for canadian immigration was in process when they get passport request they came back pakistan and submit PP here in pak for visa stamping

Ummmm

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
January 2012
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
October 2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
tuyen said:
There's probably an element of politics involved, although I don't know how much exactly. But it makes sense that there would be some additional scrutiny placed on applicants coming from the country that was hiding bin Laden.

I don't think there's too much they could do to discourage people except to completely ban immigrants from certain countries, and that's not the case.

Keep in mind though that Pakistan is not the only country with long wait times. The current processing time for Singapore is almost the same as Pakistan, and the Canadian government doesn't have any bad relations with Singapore. South Africa is another one with long wait times - even longer than Pakistan.

Some visa offices simply have longer wait times because they get a lot more applicants compared to other countries, or because they have fewer people working at some offices compared to others. There are all kinds of factors that go into determining processing times, and it's impossible to pinpoint one specific thing.

What does your career gap have to do with a spousal application?
Yea I guess..stupid governments and their issues make normal civilians suffer...Career is kinda linked because I have never studied or worked in Pakistan and I had to be here to get married because all my family lives here so it didn't make sense to have the wedding ceremonies anywhere else and now I am kind of stuck here..and I live in Islamabad which is not the ideal city for financial positions, all head offices etc are in Karachi where I have no family and it is not safe to move there alone..none of the institutions I have worked for abroad have any operations in Pakistan..hardly any investment banks here so I am kinda taking a career gap cuz of limited options

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ummmm said:
Yea I guess..stupid governments and their issues make normal civilians suffer...Career is kinda linked because I have never studied or worked in Pakistan and I had to be here to get married because all my family lives here so it didn't make sense to have the wedding ceremonies anywhere else and now I am kind of stuck here..
Who's the Canadian citizen? Is it you? Your husband? If it's you, wouldn't it be a better idea for you to be living (and working) in Canada while you're waiting for the application to be processed?

Processing of your application won't go any faster if you're living in Pakistan, and the only thing it's doing is hurting your work prospects. In addition to that, it could add even more scrutiny to your application because CIC will need evidence that you and your husband have an intention to move to Canada. And if you have no job in Canada and no place to live, it's going to be difficult for you to convince them. And if you can't convince them, your spousal application doesn't stand a very good chance of being approved.

Waiting_Eyes

Nov 17, 2012
Kabul, Afghanistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
File Transfer...
Sept 2012
Med's Request
June 2013
Med's Done....
Re-Med Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah
alone hubby of cute wife said:
was so ALONE on second eid with out wife.... :( :( :( :( :(
i request all member not to blame any 1 either CHC-I or MP... just keep praying n praying...ALLAH KNOWS WHAT WAS/IS/WILL BE BETTER FOR US. discussing other/blaming other cant speed up our process..just ask your monther sis dad to pary for u...Insha ALLAH we all wil hear good news soon... its true to live apart from those to whom we considered our live ;)

best of luck, keep praying for each other..
AGREED!

Ummmm

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
-
AOR Received.
-
File Transfer...
January 2012
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
October 2011
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
tuyen said:
Who's the Canadian citizen? Is it you? Your husband? If it's you, wouldn't it be a better idea for you to be living (and working) in Canada while you're waiting for the application to be processed?

Processing of your application won't go any faster if you're living in Pakistan, and the only thing it's doing is hurting your work prospects. In addition to that, it could add even more scrutiny to your application because CIC will need evidence that you and your husband have an intention to move to Canada. And if you have no job in Canada and no place to live, it's going to be difficult for you to convince them. And if you can't convince them, your spousal application doesn't stand a very good chance of being approved.
My husband is a Canadian citizen..I am not, Yea he is not moving to Pakistan since I am not working and we are on a single Income..he has to pay mortgage etc plus don't want to add any complication to the case. We usually take short trips to other countries to see each other

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ummmm said:
My husband is a Canadian citizen..I am not, Yea he is not moving to Pakistan since I am not working and we are on a single Income..he has to pay mortgage etc plus don't want to add any complication to the case. We usually take short trips to other countries to see each other
So he's in Canada at the moment waiting for you?