+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
muzmil said:
I applied around End of July, got AOR on Oct 2010 , my wife's address re-appeared today after gone away for at least 1 month .

I am planning to email chc-isl -

I emailed last time in March and they said.. its been in queue for initial review.

So now 4 months passed ... lets see what their reply will be. I will keep everyone posted here.

Thanks
You will most likely be receiving that same generic reply. Email them after your initial review, which is about 9 months after the fiile is transfered to Islamabad, you will receive a request letter to provide PCC again as well as updated IMM forms that you already submitted. Once you receive this request you will know that your initial reveiw is done!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Welldone sis! Thanks for summarizing everything, I am sure this will help alot of new appllicants :)

KAAMIA72 said:
I had thought to write when I would finally receive my passport but in the interest of time and knowledge, please accept this as Part 1 of my analysis. This post is to note down the lessons learnt from my own experience in the process so that the new ones in the process avoid the mistakes that I did and I thought would have made the process quicker and/or at least less painful. Please feel free to add in this and/or disagree with my views:

1. Fill the forms carefully and give special emphasis on the forms in which personal history and dates are to be provided
2. Include in your application anything that is helpful to establish your contact with your spouse before marriage
3. Target one month to complete application package and send it immediately after marriage even if you are not sure about the travel or settlement time in Canada
4. Keep your expectations lower with regards to the immigration time line. Hope for the best and think of the worst!:)
5. Don't ask people around (relatives, friends, and third parties), join these forums to know the exact immigration time line prevalent for immigration under this category. As people give weird ideas which just spoils your life plans
6. Never disclose at your work place that you plan to immigrate till you have received at least your Re-medical Request and resign only when you have got your Passport with visa in your hand
7. All those wives who are waiting for visa and husbands are in Canada; prefer to live with your parents if possible. Give CIC the mailing address of your own home and residing address as that of your spouse. If your in-laws are in Pakistan and are understanding, they wouldn't mind this
8. All correspondence that you send to CIC should be through fax or courier. Also put your file number on the top of the envelope else it will be lost in the mail room of CIC for days
9. Focus on your relationship through various techniques, Read how to manage long distance relationship articles on net
10. Remember to keep records of your correspondence and contact with your spouse. I and my husband used to joke to save every cinema tickets or park/event receipts that we attended together. We literally sent this to CIC for establishing the genuine and continuous relationship
11. Call your spouse very frequently and keep the log of it. It's very helpful. Since it's cheaper from Pakistan, use the post paid mobile for calling your spouse from here.
12. Always remember to tag the pictures correctly with names, event, date and location and take picture of you and your spouse along with other family members also. This helps in making it known that your relationship is widely known to the community around you, be it friends or relatives or colleagues
13. Keep sending emails to CIC frequently and frequent means once a month
14. Asking your MP to inquire about your process is not a bad idea and it does not hurt the case
15. There is no harm in applying for a visit visa when you start the process. If you are lucky to get it, it will make the process at least easy and less painful. I would encourage this but Never never never overstay if you do get the visit visa.
16. There is no harm in applying under more than one category specially if the spouse is likely to get very good points under fed skill app category
17. Don't get scared by the stories of people on the forum who have a process beyond the maximum time written on CIC website. These are difficult cases and you may or may not know the details
18. Trust that though CIC is not efficient but it will accept rational or logic
19. Send your PCC voluntarily when ever it expires specially after the first one nine months of the processing of your application
20. Inquire for your CAIPS notes after your first letter or correspondence received from CIC
21. Notify change in address through all three means, fax, email and courier
The sentence structure of the above para may be confusing and am planning to improve it sometime later.

muau

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-02-2010
Med's Request
30-06-2011
Med's Done....
02-07-2011
Passport Req..
30-06-2011
wes786 said:
For my wife, it has disappeared twice in the past. First time it reappeared, she received rePCC request. 2nd time it reappeared she got remedical request. It just reappeared today again for the 3rd time after 3.5weeks and I am really really hoping its her Passport Request this time :D fingers crossed!
My wife's address also reappeared today after roughly 3.5 weeks, I hope my wife gets her VISA back :D:p

Nousheen1

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
muau said:
My wife's address also reappeared today after roughly 3.5 weeks, I hope my wife gets her VISA back :D:p
Everyone please please pray for me.....my application has been in process for about almost 19 months

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Nousheen1 said:
Everyone please please pray for me.....my application has been in process for about almost 19 months
InshAllah all of us below are next in line and we should all hear good news soon.

Recently Done With Re-medicals & Waiting for PPR

Ali_427------------>00-May-2011
BabarShah-------->09-May-2011
Kaamia72--------->10-May-2011----->PPR----->22-July-2011
Khan82 ----------->13-June-2011
Wes786 ---------->13-June-2011
Nousheen1------->15-June-2011
Alpha 1980------->17-June-2011
Saifsmarty-------->18-June-2011
Tor-wi------------->24-June-2011

mahamq245

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 15 2011
Doc's Request.
Voluntarily Sent: Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
March 15 2011
File Transfer...
March 25 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20 2012
Med's Done....
+PP Sent- March 5 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2012 received on: May 2, 2012
LANDED..........
Inn Shaa Allah SOON!
wes786 said:
For my wife, it has disappeared twice in the past. First time it reappeared, she received rePCC request. 2nd time it reappeared she got remedical request. It just reappeared today again for the 3rd time after 3.5weeks and I am really really hoping its her Passport Request this time :D fingers crossed!
InshAllah InshAllah InshAllah! ;D

mahamq245

Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 15 2011
Doc's Request.
Voluntarily Sent: Jan. 21, 2012
AOR Received.
March 15 2011
File Transfer...
March 25 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20 2012
Med's Done....
+PP Sent- March 5 2012
Passport Req..
Feb 20 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2012 received on: May 2, 2012
LANDED..........
Inn Shaa Allah SOON!
I"M SURE! that whole list of who have had thr remeds and then address disappear and then reappear at about all the same time can't be a system glitch just for you all n not anyone else. So I say...ALL of u (INSHALLAH) will get ur visa VERY VERY VERY soon! as your ramzan mubarak toofa! :D

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the letter I thought was PPR turned out to be a new surprising demand from them. I emailed them and explained but no reply. I thought may be they made a mistake in reading the travel history. Providing the PCC is not a problem but it will consumed another 2 months.

wes786 said:
That is very interesting! May be they are having some doubts about the visit to that country. This is the first time I have ever heard about someone getting asked to provide a PCC for being in a country less than 6 months. It is very confusing and unpredictable what they can ask for. I guess it was a PCC request letter they were referring to when they mentioned 45 days in your reply earlier :( Don't worry just do what they say and hope for the best.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
UOC said:
Yes, the letter I thought was PPR turned out to be a new surprising demand from them. I emailed them and explained but no reply. I thought may be they made a mistake in reading the travel history. Providing the PCC is not a problem but it will consumed another 2 months.
Is it for another district within Pakistan or a different country?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mahamq245 said:
I"M SURE! that whole list of who have had thr remeds and then address disappear and then reappear at about all the same time can't be a system glitch just for you all n not anyone else. So I say...ALL of u (INSHALLAH) will get ur visa VERY VERY VERY soon! as your ramzan mubarak toofa! :D
I would be so happy if that happens, we can celebrate EID and our 2nd Anniversary together ... mmmm....sweet dreams :)

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
wes786 said:
Is it for another district within Pakistan or a different country?
in the instructions they dont want anything if u have lived in a another countryfor less the 6 months

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Khilafah5 said:
in the instructions they dont want anything if u have lived in a another countryfor less the 6 months
Exactly what I said, but his wife has been specially requested to provide that so she has to...