April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
jia said:
I also received letter today tht my file is in queue for review. and they received my documents on 15 may. :eek:
jubke mein nei doc mid of march ko sent kiye thei.patanahi kia problem hain CHC ko.:(
:'( :'(this is sad, it just means we are going to have to wait longer for PPR because it is taking them 2 months to open their damn mail room and get out the mail and attach it to the file...then our file goes in this long queue for review and then decision maker will send PPR...no wonder most people wait 3-4 months after re-med for PPR...if they would just speed up a little life would be so much better.

bigmakdaddy

Mar 14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 15, 2010
AOR Received.
March 20, 2010
File Transfer...
March 09, 2010
Med's Request
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
March 17, 2011
Passport Req..
June 01, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 18, 2011
LANDED..........
June 22, 2011
mahmed17 said:
:'( :'(this is sad, it just means we are going to have to wait longer for PPR because it is taking them 2 months to open their damn mail room and get out the mail and attach it to the file...then our file goes in this long queue for review and then decision maker will send PPR...no wonder most people wait 3-4 months after re-med for PPR...if they would just speed up a little life would be so much better.
I agree with you sister, first we have to wait a year for them to open our application for the first time than we have to wait for their response to get updated pcc and stupid suppl. forms (another 3 months average) than we have to wait for re-med letter (another 1-2 month) than wait for them to open our mail and attach them with our files (another 2-4 months) and wait for PPR (another 1-2 month) and even wait for passport to come back after over month nowadays. Thats just stupid. I have so much anger in me now for them that I cant express it :(
no wonder our timeline is 21 months now :'(

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
bigmakdaddy said:
I agree with you sister, first we have to wait a year for them to open our application for the first time than we have to wait for their response to get updated pcc and stupid suppl. forms (another 3 months average) than we have to wait for re-med letter (another 1-2 month) than wait for them to open our mail and attach them with our files (another 2-4 months) and wait for PPR (another 1-2 month) and even wait for passport to come back after over month nowadays. Thats just stupid. I have so much anger in me now for them that I cant express it :(
Ya Allah Rahimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on USSSSSSSSSSSSS life is getting so hard with out life partnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya arhamar rahimeen

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
n what do u do in lhr I mean what job?

Raymasood said:
i am also from Lahore..... yahan job ki waja sy hun....

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
bigmakdaddy said:
So true...

mayena

Mar 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,pk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 May,2009
AOR Received.
30 May 2009
File Transfer...
Aug 2009
Med's Request
june 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Interview........
no interview will be taken from me
Passport Req..
11 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 may 2011
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
tanhayi said:
and finally i got my visa today after such a long wait. thanks to Allah almighty and thanks for the support and assistance that u ppl provide during the whole process but i will never forgive CHC-Islmabad for spoiling my 2 years of married life. Allah ap sab ko bhi yeh khushi naseeb karay Ameen
Many Many congratulations,,, Ifeel that they are gonna work fast on all those 2010 files too. how long is ur visa for, and u may leave soon haaa ;)

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
ooo teri khair.... matlab i send updated docs of my spouse visit in early April and I think those wont be attached to my file yet jus like urs
bolay tou waiting mail room among the piles of other docs aaahhhhhhhhhh! I can't breath under this pile of docs pleasse take me out !!!

bigmakdaddy said:

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
bigmakdaddy said:
This is exactly how I feel bro, we are just waiting and waiting. And there are many people (like myself) who are waiting for almost two years now. It's 21 months like how much longer do we need to wait around? Our lives are on hold and they don't understand that...inshAllah I hope we all hear very good news soon but it seems like the rate they are going I will be spending another summer all alone :'( 3rd one since shaadi.

mayena

Mar 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,pk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 May,2009
AOR Received.
30 May 2009
File Transfer...
Aug 2009
Med's Request
june 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Interview........
no interview will be taken from me
Passport Req..
11 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 may 2011
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
jia said:
bad news from my side,i emailed to chc this morning recieved this reply,

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review. Documents were received from applicant's end on 15 May 2011.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
??? i m amazed bec i submitted my document in march n my mp confirm me tht chc received my documents.
i m confused?????

AB patience nahi hain mujhe mein..KIA KAROOO :'( :'(
why ru calling it bad news,,,its still good news. send them email and say tat u sent it on mentioned date, and say them to contact u soon and finish ur process

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
saggit_16 said:
ooo teri khair.... matlab i send updated docs of my spouse visit in early April and I think those wont be attached to my file yet jus like urs
bolay tou waiting mail room among the piles of other docs aaahhhhhhhhhh! I can't breath under this pile of docs pleasse take me out !!!
LOL i think all our docs are crying under there to be taken out. In caips notes it shows last year when I sent them docs twice both times it was attached to our file after 1 month but now looks like that time has gone to 2 months :mad:

J

jani99

New faces, but stability key in Harper cabinet shuffle

New faces, but stability key in Harper cabinet shuffle

Prime Minister Stephen Harper says continuity was key as he put together his new cabinet, keeping some heavyweights in their old jobs while adding a few new faces.

Speaking after the cabinet shuffle, Harper said he had to make many changes to fill vacancies, between retirements and election losses, but added he tried to use as many people's talents as possible.

"We'll have great bench strength for the future development of our country," Harper said.

"After five years, the people of Canada know they can rely on our team."

"If some changes were necessary and desirable, the new cabinet is one that is fundamentally focused on stability and continuity," he said.

"I'm confident that the team that was just sworn in by his excellency the governor general is the right group to keep Canada on track."

New roles for some key players

John Baird, a trusted Harper lieutenant, was tapped as the new foreign affairs minister to fill the vacancy left by Lawrence Cannon, who was defeated in the May 2 election.

Baird is a trusted member of Harper's cabinet and has filled various roles within it since he was first appointed, including environment minister, transport minister, president of the treasury board, and most recently, house leader. He was not rumoured to be in the running for foreign affairs minister, so his new posting comes as a surprise.

Tony Clement is moving to Treasury Board where he'll preside over cuts to the civil service, which the government has said can be made mostly through attrition.

Peter Van Loan is reprising his old role as leader of the government in the House of Commons, taking over from Baird. And Innu leader-turned-MP Peter Penashue is becoming minister of intergovernmental affairs.

Dénis Lebel becomes transport minister and Ed Fast takes over international trade.

Other highlights:

- Peter MacKay stays as minister of defence

- Rob Nicholson remains justice minister

- Vic Toews will remain public safety minister

- Rona Ambrose stays in charge of the department of public works and government services, as well as status of women.

- Embattled minister Bev Oda stays at the Canadian International Development Agency.

- Jim Flaherty will remain finance minister, in keeping with the government's focus on stability.

- Jason Kenney will continue to lead citizenship and immigration.

- James Moore will stay at Canadian heritage.

- Leona Aglukkaq will remain minister of health.

- Peter Kent stays minister of environment.

- Lisa Raitt stays minister of labour.

- Gerry Ritz remains with the agriculture file.

- Gail Shea moves to national revenue from fisheries and oceans

- Keith Ashfield takes over fisheries from his previous role as national revenue minister.

- Maxime Bernier returns to cabinet as minister of state for small business.

There was speculation that Kenney would move to foreign affairs and while he is staying at immigration, he does have some added responsibilities. Harper has made him chair of the cabinet committee on operations, the second-most important cabinet committee after the priorities and planning committee, chaired by the prime minister.

The operations committee co-ordinates the government's overall agenda, management and communications. It was previously led by Jim Prentice, who quit politics last fall. Baird had been filling in since then.

Rookie MP Joe Oliver is among the new appointees in cabinet, as minister of natural resources. Oliver defeated long-time Liberal MP Joe Volpe in the central Toronto riding of Eglinton-Lawrence, helping the Conservatives crack into the Liberal stronghold in Canada's biggest city. His inclusion in cabinet means Toronto will finally be represented in Harper's cabinet.

Harper's new cabinet gave a loud round of applause and cheers as he entered the room for the ceremony.

Wednesday's shuffle is being described as a medium-sized one that will leave the cabinet roughly the same size it is now, with 38 members in total.

Election created vacancies

Harper had six vacancies to fill because of two retirements — Chuck Strahl and Stockwell Day did not run for re-election — and four election defeats.

Josée Verner, Jean-Pierre Blackburn, Gary Lunn and Cannon all lost their seats. All six of those gaps mean Quebec and British Columbia lost some representation at the cabinet table.

Harper had only five MPs to choose from in Quebec and two of them are already in cabinet — Lebel and Paradis — which may have had something to do with the decision to bring Maxime Bernier back into the inner circle to help boost Quebec's representation. The former foreign affairs minister resigned in 2008 after leaving confidential documents at his girlfriend's residence.

While pickings were slim in Quebec, there was no shortage of cabinet candidates from Alberta and Ontario.

The Tories hold all but one of Alberta's 28 seats, giving Harper plenty of choice for cabinet representation.

Similarly, the Conservatives needed to bulk up Ontario's contingent in cabinet after they finally broke through the Liberal fortress in Toronto, and have a number of capable rookie MPs joining the caucus from the city and its suburbs.

Clement, Flaherty and Baird, all from Ontario, have been steady and trusted ministers in Harper's cabinet.

In addition to geographic representation, Harper also had to be attuned to how many women he included in his cabinet. The old one had 10, including Senator Marjory LeBreton who is leader of the government in the Senate. Eight out of the other nine women were re-elected.

LIVE: Cabinet shuffle ticker

For all the latest updates from Rideau Hall and on beyond, keep an eye on the ticker:

J

jani99

- Jason Kenney will continue to lead citizenship and immigration.

There was speculation that Kenney would move to foreign affairs and while he is staying at immigration, he does have some added responsibilities. Harper has made him chair of the cabinet committee on operations, the second-most important cabinet committee after the priorities and planning committee, chaired by the prime minister.

The operations committee co-ordinates the government's overall agenda, management and communications. It was previously led by Jim Prentice, who quit politics last fall. Baird had been filling in since then.

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
khan82 said:
Ya Allah Rahimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm on USSSSSSSSSSSSS life is getting so hard with out life partnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya arhamar rahimeen
ameeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn