+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

H

humpakwatan

nov3 said:
Asalam-o- Alaikum everybody my friend told me about this forum its really helpful

couple days ago i recieved a letter from islamabad office
they have asked for IMM8, schedule-A (IMM5669),IMM5406 and supplementary information form

they have also asked me to pay $490 to case processing centre in canada for right of permanent residence

i just have some questions did they ask everybody for this many forms and how long will it take after submiting these forms and would it b a problem i went to pakistan for 5 months now since we are so close in process

help plz
Wasalam,

Yes they ask everyone who has been waiting since 1 year after sending your docs as they expire after 1 year (Medicals, Police Certs, IMM forms, Supplementary Forms).

After this request you will usually receive a request for a re-medical if your medical has expired after a month or 2 (sometimes more).

Then after the new medical and the documents they requested are received it takes them a month or so to place them on file.

After this your file is in queue for review by immigration officer for about 1-3 months (sometimes more depending on background checks).

Finally you will get a letter for Passport request which means you have another 1 month (sometimes more) before you get it back.

And regarding your longer than 5 months current visit to spouse question I hope a senior member with more insight will shed some light on it.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
please advise.
has anyone recently applied for their child's canadian passport at chc isb? It has been almost 2 months since i appleid but hhaven't rreceived it back till now. Any idea whats goiing on?

jewel1985

Jul 28, 2010
as salam o alaikum,
I would like someone to suggest me on this. My husband is planning to visit pakistan. Is it possible that both of us could go to canadian embassy at islamabad and try to find update about our case. Could we just walk in to embassy or we would need an appointment? Also, is someone here who has tried to call embassy and find out about the case status. I tried few times but it goes to the recording that if i know the name of any agent in embassy..actually it gives few options to press but i never got to any live person.. Is there any particular number to call?
thanks,

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
there is
jewel1985 said:
as salam o alaikum,no way to contact them over the phone you can just email them, no point going to embassy they won't entertain you.

I would like someone to suggest me on this. My husband is planning to visit pakistan. Is it possible that both of us could go to canadian embassy at islamabad and try to find update about our case. Could we just walk in to embassy or we would need an appointment? Also, is someone here who has tried to call embassy and find out about the case status. I tried few times but it goes to the recording that if i know the name of any agent in embassy..actually it gives few options to press but i never got to any live person.. Is there any particular number to call?
thanks,

fahadkn

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
saggit19 said:
HELLO maryam your cousin in pak would fill all those forms, but he needs to designate a person in canada (on pr or citizen) who would email the request on his behalf.

for example, my husband filled in the necessary forms and designated me to request caips on his behalf..so yeah the answer is yes, he can get caips..provided he authorizes someone over here to email the forms.

if his wife his here, he can authorize her

Hey guys whats CAIPS? lol .iv gone through this whole process and still i cant get some terms u guys use. like whats ECAS? haha i mean i think it means online status bt wht does it stand for. funny yea

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
fahadkn said:
Hey guys whats CAIPS? lol .iv gone through this whole process and still i cant get some terms u guys use. like whats ECAS? haha i mean i think it means online status bt wht does it stand for. funny yea
CAIPS is an acronym for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. It is part of the Electronic Data Processing (EDP) system used by the Canadian Immigration offices to process visa applications. Information is entered in the system from application forms and supporting documentation submitted by applicants for immigrant

hope this helps

fahadkn

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
rathika2011 said:
CAIPS is an acronym for Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. It is part of the Electronic Data Processing (EDP) system used by the Canadian Immigration offices to process visa applications. Information is entered in the system from application forms and supporting documentation submitted by applicants for immigrant

hope this helps
Thanks alot rathika but what does it mean when ppl say iv requested new Caips? iv never seen my Caips niether have i ever requested for them.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
fahadkn said:
Thanks alot rathika but what does it mean when ppl say iv requested new Caips? iv never seen my Caips niether have i ever requested for them.
well u can order them...it take some time 30 days or more..but its really worth it cause u can see what is happening with ur file...u can also see any comment made by visa officer...and its really helpful if u think u gona have an interview..in my case i found out lots from officer's comment...when started the process,requesting an interview, etc

fahadkn

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
rathika2011 said:
well u can order them...it take some time 30 days or more..but its really worth it cause u can see what is happening with ur file...u can also see any comment made by visa officer...and its really helpful if u think u gona have an interview..in my case i found out lots from officer's comment...when started the process,requesting an interview, etc
hmm and i dint know this,wow. but i used to email and my wife used to chweck with the MP's office so we got the update from there. anyways i hope the ordeal gets over for everybody and they unite with thier better halves asap inshAllah

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
fahadkn said:
hmm and i dint know this,wow. but i used to email and my wife used to chweck with the MP's office so we got the update from there. anyways i hope the ordeal gets over for everybody and they unite with thier better halves asap inshAllah
ah ok what did the mp tell you? what stage are you in? yea hope every one hear good news soon..........i'm also waiting on a interview date...hope to hear something soon...wish u all the best on ur process

Imtihaan

Jan 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 2010
Med's Request
Feb 25th, 2012
Med's Done....
March 5th, 2012
Passport Req..
Today Alhumdulillah June 19th, Ecas In Process on June 16th
VISA ISSUED...
June 30th Saturday
LANDED..........
July 3rd and July 4th
I didnt email CHC on monday or tuesday. I dont know about tomorrow. :-( :-\ I am going insane.

resham

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imtihaan said:
I didnt email CHC on monday or tuesday. I dont know about tomorrow. :-( :-\ I am going insane.
i totaly agree with you-my MP has e mailed on sept 30 to CHC but still no reply.this waite is killing me especially when you don't know whats happening And who to ask about the status.also my CAIPS IS NOT RECIEVD.just grey area every where------------