28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-04-2010
Med's Request
21-04-2011
Med's Done....
08-03-2010
Doctorkhan said:
Thats the way it is man .... these people are so cruel :) They count the days since the date they post the AOR .
Lol, yea I was just going to post this, honestly CHC-Islamabad is such a joke shop its not even funny anymore.

CanPak05

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
Doc's Request.
17-03-2011
AOR Received.
14-06-2010
Med's Request
13-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
08-06-2011 Cancelled :) :)
Passport Req..
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2012 :) :)
LANDED..........
28-12-2012
Been quiet on the forum in regards to CHC-ISB. Does anyone have any recent good news stories to share?

CPR-Wanted

Jul 7, 2010
I am Canadian PR through Federal skilled worker class. I am a newly landed immigrant, Landed in Nov 2009. After staying their for one month and receiving my PR Card came back to my homeland Pakistan in Dec, 2010 to continue with my job and wind up few of my property affairs. As I am already married and my wife and 2 children were non accompanying members at the time of processing of my PR Application. They were declared and all of their Documents were Provide as the part of my PR process, till their medicals. Now I am ready to fly to Toronto for permanent settlement and want Sponsor my spouse and dependent Children as soon as possible after reaching there. I have few questions in this regard to make my mind clear before planning it.

1. What is the minimum requirement of income or proof of funds for Canadian residents to sponsor their spouse and dependent Children?

2. If there is not any bottom line demanded for this, So what is the way to satisfy immigration officer, as I will not be having any job immediately after arriving in Canada.

3. What I have to fill at the financial evaluation form as I am totally new to Canada. Not even having any Tax history, No Job History and just a Bank statement that will be newly established.

4. At what stage I have to get their medicals again as they are already expired. Should I need to get them before applying or within the application process when required?

5. What is the Policy to get new passports for Children under 5, as their passports are already one year old. And I heard that they need fresh passports for children less then 5 years of age.

6. Can I sponsor them in first week of my arrival In Canada?

Thanking seniors in Advance for their comments and help in this regard.

CPR-Wanted

Jul 7, 2010
CPR-Wanted said:
I am Canadian PR through Federal skilled worker class. I am a newly landed immigrant, Landed in Nov 2009. After staying their for one month and receiving my PR Card came back to my homeland Pakistan in Dec, 2010 to continue with my job and wind up few of my property affairs. As I am already married and my wife and 2 children were non accompanying members at the time of processing of my PR Application. They were declared and all of their Documents were Provide as the part of my PR process, till their medicals. Now I am ready to fly to Toronto for permanent settlement and want Sponsor my spouse and dependent Children as soon as possible after reaching there. I have few questions in this regard to make my mind clear before planning it.

1. What is the minimum requirement of income or proof of funds for Canadian residents to sponsor their spouse and dependent Children?

2. If there is not any bottom line demanded for this, So what is the way to satisfy immigration officer, as I will not be having any job immediately after arriving in Canada.

3. What I have to fill at the financial evaluation form as I am totally new to Canada. Not even having any Tax history, No Job History and just a Bank statement that will be newly established.

4. At what stage I have to get their medicals again as they are already expired. Should I need to get them before applying or within the application process when required?

5. What is the Policy to get new passports for Children under 5, as their passports are already one year old. And I heard that they need fresh passports for children less then 5 years of age.

6. Can I sponsor them in first week of my arrival In Canada?

Thanking seniors in Advance for their comments and help in this regard.
Need Help......

canpakmay09

Jul 12, 2010
Visa Office......
ISB
NOC Code......
sponsoring wife
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2009
AOR Received.
NOvember 2009
File Transfer...
October 2009
Med's Done....
August 2009
knaeem said:
This is my timeline in signature... anyone with similar time line with any news? since mine is till in process
You timeline matches my timeline. I am losing patience especially since i only came back from pakistan last nite. But i have prepare my documents to send Islamabad as a prove that we went to honeymoon, phone bills from canada to pakistan in all one mail pretty much in this week. I hope we get our good news real soon. I can't stand the waiting game.
this is how my time line goes
file sent to CPC-MISS rec'd on September 16, 2009
start process on Oct8, 2009
sent me a letter in canada detailing my That application has been sent to Islamabad .....
start processing my wife's file in the first week of November, 2009.

My wife did not rec'd her B file immigration # due to address screw up from one of Immigration offices. Rec'd B file number from my MP office in Toronto.

Since then we have not heard anything, keeping my fingers cross before medical expires

canpakmay09

Jul 12, 2010
Visa Office......
ISB
NOC Code......
sponsoring wife
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2009
AOR Received.
NOvember 2009
File Transfer...
October 2009
Med's Done....
August 2009
Hi PeacKeeper,

I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan & my process started in Ramadan 2009. My timeline in on my first post. I will be calling my MP tomorrow to find out on my wife's immigration status. If i hear in process then i am thinking of hiring a lawyer and get my things resolve this way.
Thanks

warya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^ there is no point in hiring a lawyer. they cant do anything now to speed up the process.

B

bestplace4u

warya said:
^ there is no point in hiring a lawyer. they cant do anything now to speed up the process.
That is true they cant speed up the process just wait your waiting period isn't over yet if you make inquires and hire a lawyer at this stage you will just make more delays by your own hands to ur case.

shaimaa

May 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
04-11-2009 and Re-PCC in July/2010 and on 3/March/2011 asked for proof of eligibility of sponsor
AOR Received.
04-11-2009
File Transfer...
31-10-2009
Med's Request
8-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
Passport Req..
8-07-2011 submitted on 21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2011
true that hiring lawyer will create more problems...
but i really think we should do something about it i am also sick of checking my online status it hasn't changed from in process uptil now. I am unable to plan for anything....We should do something about it.
bestplace4u said:
That is true they cant speed up the process just wait your waiting period isn't over yet if you make inquires and hire a lawyer at this stage you will just make more delays by your own hands to ur case.

connect786

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
i am a canadian citizen,sponsored my wife in June 2009,file was aproved and sent to islamabad in july 2009.there was silence till now.yesterday i have received an e mail that re med along wid PHEP letter has been mailed to me.Re med i guess coz the first one expired in june 2010 but what is PHEP letter? are they requesting the assport for visa?

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
google says PHEP letter is when they ask for your passport, so hopefully you'll get good news soon!

here's my time line for sponsoring my wife from Pakistan

01-26-10 -Application sent to CPC-M
02-26-10 -Application approved at CPC-M and transferred to CHC-I
03-23-10 -AOR Received from CHC-I

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
connect786 said:
i am a canadian citizen,sponsored my wife in June 2009,file was aproved and sent to islamabad in july 2009.there was silence till now.yesterday i have received an e mail that re med along wid PHEP letter has been mailed to me.Re med i guess coz the first one expired in june 2010 but what is PHEP letter? are they requesting the assport for visa?
Which visa office your application is being processed?

knaeem

Dec 30, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
connect786 said:
here is PHEP letter sample
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan
Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your immigrant visa(s) appear(s) ready for issuance.
Before we can issue your visa(s) you must:
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU, YOUR SPOUSE, AND CHILDREN:
(Please continue on a separate sheet if you have additional children)
2.CHECK THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORTS FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR
FAMILY WHO IS ACCOMPANYING YOU TO CANADA. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR SPOUSE
AND EACH ACCOMPANYING CHILD MUST HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL PASSPORT.
CHECK THAT YOU AND YOUR DEPENDENTS HAVE SUFFICIENT PAGES IN YOUR
PASSPORTS SO THAT WE MAY INSERT YOUR IMMIGRANT VISAS
4. Medical Validity Date:
CHECK THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAS A PASSPORT VALID FOR A MINIMUM OF 12
MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF YOUR IMMIGRATION MEDICAL.
Visas can only be issued to a maximum validity of 12 months from the date of the medical
examination. (If your family had medical examinations on different dates, the visas will all be valid for
12 months from the date of the first medical examination). However, if any passports expire before 12
months from the date of the medical examination your visas will expire on the date that the first
passport expires. If your passports are due to expire, it is in your interest to send us NEW OR
UPDATED PASSPORTS to ensure that your visas can be issued with maximum validity.
CHECK THAT YOU HAVE ENCLOSED TWO ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WITHIN THE
LAST 6 MONTHS FOR EVERYONE IN YOUR FAMILY AND THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN THE
NAME OF EACH FAMILY MEMBER ON THE BACK OF ONLY ONE OF THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS
These photographs must not be stapled, glued, or pinned (you may use paperclips or enclose them in
an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent
Resident Card once you are in Canada. See attached Appendix C.
6. HOW TO SEND YOUR PASSPORTS
BY COURIER (FEDEX OR TCS): YOU MUST ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE PREPAID THE
COURIER FOR THE RETURN OF YOUR DOCUMENTS. HAVE THE COURIER SEND YOUR
DOCUMENTS TO:
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION
IMMIGRATION SECTION
Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOTE: our office CANNOT send passports overseas. You must provide an address in Pakistan
to where a courier company can deliver your passports.
Return of passport(s) and other related documents:
To ensure the efficient return of your passport(s), please read the following instructions:
1. This office cannot send passports to a G.P.O, Post Box, or Village Address. In such cases, the
package will be marked HFC (Hold for Collection) and you will have to collect it from the courier
office. The courier office will contact you at the telephone number you have provided in this form.
2. This office does not send passports by registered or ordinary mail.
3. This office cannot send passports to addresses outside of Pakistan. If you are using the services
of a representative, consultant, or lawyer, with a mailing address outside of Pakistan they must
indicate that they have NO OBJECTION to this office returning your passport(s) to an address in
Pakistan.
By forwarding this document to you, your representative/consultant/lawyer has authorized
this office to return your passport(s) and other related documents to the address in
Pakistan indicated in point #5 below.
4. Applicants residing in Afghanistan must supply a mailing address in Pakistan OR must authorize
someone to collect their passport(s) on their behalf. Otherwise the passport(s) will not be
delivered.
I authorize the following person to collect my passport(s) and other related documents
from the courier company:
Name: ___________________________ Signature: ________________________
5. Please provide your current Mailing Address:
Change in Situation:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application),
you must inform this office immediately – and not more than fifteen (15) days after the change
occurred:
- Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;
- Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;
- Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);
- Change in health;
- The lying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;
- A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;
- Change of address or phone number.
If we do not receive your passport(s) within thirty (30) days we will presume that you are no longer
interested in proceeding to Canada and your file will be closed.
PLEASE QUOTE YOUR FILE NUMBER IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE