+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Thats a good sign, your initial review is underway and you will most probably be asked to fill out some forms again and get a request to provide an updated PCC.

Missing You said:
I got this reply Today. My AOR is october. What should they be sending? Please reply?

File No:

Dear Client,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Your application is currently in process and is in queue for review by an immigration officer. A request letter would be sent out to applicant in coming weeks.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Please note that we will be unable to reply to messages which do not include either the name AND date of birth of the primary applicant or the file number under which your application is being processed.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Canadian High Commission, Islamabad
P.O. Box 1042, Islamabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
sawera said:
SHE MUST HAVE GOT IT WITHIN 2 TO 3 WEEKS WHEN SHE LANDED,,,WELL ASK HER TO TAKE HER LANDING PAPER TO SERVICE CANADA THEY MIGHT HELP HER.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/common/contactus/index.shtml
no these days its taking around 2-3 months. my friend got his in 3 months - And if your PR card get lost or stolen. the renewal takes 7 months :( Trust me this whole immigration system is crazy !!!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sawera said:
SHE MUST HAVE GOT IT WITHIN 2 TO 3 WEEKS WHEN SHE LANDED,,,WELL ASK HER TO TAKE HER LANDING PAPER TO SERVICE CANADA THEY MIGHT HELP HER.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/common/contactus/index.shtml
muzmil said:
no these days its taking around 2-3 months. my friend got his in 3 months - And if your PR card get lost or stolen. the renewal takes 7 months :( Trust me this whole immigration system is crazy !!!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
I want my PPR and a one way ticket to my hubby! :'(

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
ayesha_a said:
I want my PPR and a one way ticket to my hubby! :'(
Very soon InshaAllah :)

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Wes for replying. They confirmed to receieve the documents sent to them in August on time. But now they are keep moving the BFD without processing the file. The last reply I got recently said that file is in q to be reviewed by immigration officer which is the same reply I got 2 months back. Did you had the same situation ? When exactly they do the background checks ? Its already more than 18 mnths.

wes786 said:
Yep I noticed it too on my wife's CAIPS. I think when they open the file to review it on the bring forward date and if the file is still in background checks or if they havn't received the documents they requested earlier they put another BFD on the file without any other activity. Thats what I figured from it..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
UOC said:
Thanks Wes for replying. They confirmed to receieve the documents sent to them in August on time. But now they are keep moving the BFD without processing the file. The last reply I got recently said that file is in q to be reviewed by immigration officer which is the same reply I got 2 months back. Did you had the same situation ? When exactly they do the background checks ? Its already more than 18 mnths.
There is no set timeline for BG checks, it is anywhere from being 45 days up to 2+ years depending on how deep of a BG check they are conducting. My wife's was a simple case but yet it took 19 months. May be your file is still stuck in background checks then since everything else seems to be done.

how_much_longer

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for: Wes or One2ka4 or others who's spouse have landed...

When you arrive at the canadian airport is there a special line you need to stand in for immigration or do you just join with everyone else? Is there a first-time immigration line? Is there a sign telling you where to go?

Please share the information/experience. Thanks!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
how_much_longer said:

When you arrive at the canadian airport is there a special line you need to stand in for immigration or do you just join with everyone else? Is there a first-time immigration line? Is there a sign telling you where to go?

You stand in the same immigration line as other people and when its your turn they take you to a separate area and thats where the landing process takes place. My wife received all her welcome brochures, information on SIN card, health card etc passport was also stamped there. Atleast that how it was for my wife at Toronto Pearson!

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how_much_longer said:

WHEN U LAND,,,,, IN A AIRPORT THEIR IS A BIG LINE THEY CHECK UR PASSPORT ETC N IF U R N IMMIGRANT THEY TELL U WHERE TO STAND FOR IMMIGRANT LINE ITS NOT A BIG LINE IT DEPENDS WHERE U LIVE.

how_much_longer

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Wes and Sawera!

wes786 said:
You stand in the same immigration line as other people and when its your turn they take you to a separate area and thats where the landing process takes place. My wife received all her welcome brochures, information on SIN card, health card etc passport was also stamped there. Atleast that how it was for my wife at Toronto Pearson!

psionator

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so my husband got the medical done and submitted his PP.. the only thing is there was a form that said SPOUSE INFORMATION.. he filled in my pp # and expiry date.. does it matter if MY (sponser) passport is expired? it expired in august and still need to renew..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
psionator said:
Ok so my husband got the medical done and submitted his PP.. the only thing is there was a form that said SPOUSE INFORMATION.. he filled in my pp # and expiry date.. does it matter if MY (sponser) passport is expired? it expired in august and still need to renew..
He didn't even need to fill out sponsor's or dependents info; just the applicant's, but if he filled it out thats fine it won't make any difference even if the passport is expired!

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
psionator said:
He wasn't suppose to put ur information there!