+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC ISLAMABAD medicals done waiting for PPR.

gujjar

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
aslamoalaikum all friends.
I am an old member but presence in forum is rare. I got 2nd AOR in oct 2010. my status is still RVO. In their 2nd AOR it was written "if u dont get any reply from our side within 8 months, you may contact us". Now its more then 8 months. what should I do? I know it will take another year but I feel I should write them. If I write them, plz someone let me know the e.mail address of CHC London.
Thanks and Allah Hafiz,
ch. masood

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.02.2010 Re-medical 10.03.2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear forum members!

Aoa. By the grace of almighty Allah I with my family have landed at Toronto on 12 August, 2011. At Islamabad airport the PIA flight was late departed up to 05 hours which created much hardships for me as I was travelling with my children. After a long flight of 13 hours we reached at Toronto airport. The services in the flight were good.My one kid faced some vomiting problem before our landing which created much more problem.After leaving the plane the walking passage was very long which was hard for us because of sick kid and hand carries. There were much more people waiting for immigration and customs. I requested the immigration lady for early processing as my kid was facing health problem. She accepted my request and we completed of record of landing in ten minutes. When I reached in customs hall to collect my baggage one interesting thing happened. A man with a uniform asked me about my baggage and he behaved just like he is a customs officer. He accompanied me up to baggage belts and gave me a large trolley and asked me to pick up my luggage from belt and place it on the trolley. I with much hard work did this job. when the trolley was ready I come to knew that he is not a officer but a porter. He asked me to pay CAD 28 outside on a counter otherwise leave this trolley. It was hard for me to leave the trolley. I paid CAD 28 at a counter outside the airport and he also asked for tip for which I was not interested but my host asked me to pay him tip as this is custom here. So, I paid him CAD 10 as tip. Out side the airport, my relatives were present and I was some relaxed to meet them otherwise I was thinking to go back Pakistan from the same flight. Our hosts are much cooperative and we are living with them in Mississauga till now. I am searching for residence and job as well. About jobs here there is no good stories as we expected in our minds at new destination. Anyhow, I will try my level best to settle here. The major thing I feel is that our country is not less beautiful then Canada but the difference is Rule of law,justice, honest government machinery, law compliance by the people and human rights.

We the member of this forum are in same boat. From the times when we waited for medicals, then our medical expired, again waited for medicals, ppr, visas. Now, we are in the process of settlement at Canada. We all may try to settle here. Some early months are difficult then everything will be fine.

rauf

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/5/2009
Doc's Request.
12/6/2009
AOR Received.
2/11/2009
File Transfer...
30/06/2010
Med's Request
22/12/2010
Med's Done....
05/01/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gujjar said:
aslamoalaikum all friends.
I am an old member but presence in forum is rare. I got 2nd AOR in oct 2010. my status is still RVO. In their 2nd AOR it was written "if u dont get any reply from our side within 8 months, you may contact us". Now its more then 8 months. what should I do? I know it will take another year but I feel I should write them. If I write them, plz someone let me know the e.mail address of CHC London.
Thanks and Allah Hafiz,
ch. masood
Dear Masood,

You should send them a polite enquiry. Their e mail address is: "london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca". keep your spirits up.

Rauf

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it was long journey for u...so make the best out of it and give it all you have....GOD speed to you.........

Ranaabdulsami said:
Dear forum members!

Aoa. By the grace of almighty Allah I with my family have landed at Toronto on 12 August, 2011. At Islamabad airport the PIA flight was late departed up to 05 hours which created much hardships for me as I was travelling with my children. After a long flight of 13 hours we reached at Toronto airport. The services in the flight were good.My one kid faced some vomiting problem before our landing which created much more problem.After leaving the plane the walking passage was very long which was hard for us because of sick kid and hand carries. There were much more people waiting for immigration and customs. I requested the immigration lady for early processing as my kid was facing health problem. She accepted my request and we completed of record of landing in ten minutes. When I reached in customs hall to collect my baggage one interesting thing happened. A man with a uniform asked me about my baggage and he behaved just like he is a customs officer. He accompanied me up to baggage belts and gave me a large trolley and asked me to pick up my luggage from belt and place it on the trolley. I with much hard work did this job. when the trolley was ready I come to knew that he is not a officer but a porter. He asked me to pay CAD 28 outside on a counter otherwise leave this trolley. It was hard for me to leave the trolley. I paid CAD 28 at a counter outside the airport and he also asked for tip for which I was not interested but my host asked me to pay him tip as this is custom here. So, I paid him CAD 10 as tip. Out side the airport, my relatives were present and I was some relaxed to meet them otherwise I was thinking to go back Pakistan from the same flight. Our hosts are much cooperative and we are living with them in Mississauga till now. I am searching for residence and job as well. About jobs here there is no good stories as we expected in our minds at new destination. Anyhow, I will try my level best to settle here. The major thing I feel is that our country is not less beautiful then Canada but the difference is Rule of law,justice, honest government machinery, law compliance by the people and human rights.

We the member of this forum are in same boat. From the times when we waited for medicals, then our medical expired, again waited for medicals, ppr, visas. Now, we are in the process of settlement at Canada. We all may try to settle here. Some early months are difficult then everything will be fine.

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2011 (expiry 16th March 2011)
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
Ranaabdulsami said:
Dear forum members!

Dear Rana Bhai,

Good to hear that you are now in Canada. Yes the same guy came to me as well at the airport asked me for the trolley but I told him that I will do it myself as there were trollies available for CAD 2. I just grabbed one and put all my luggage on it and came out.

You are right that our country is very beautiful, we realize this when we go out from Pakistan. I was also thinking to go back to Pakistan and join my old job there as I also heard stories here regarding the job situation and monthly expenses, as its very difficult initially to bear expenses as we spend in dollars here what we had earned in Pakistan in Pak Ruppee so it hurts :-( ... every time I buy anything I first used to calculate it in Pak ruppee and it make more difficult for me to buy :)

Yes you are right that initial period is difficult and challenging, so you need to be cool and dont think going back bcoz this will not let you settle here in Canada. Just try to find an odd job asap and apply jobs in your respective field through the internet. I recommend workopolis.com, monster.ca, jobbank.ca and careerbuilder. These website are good.

In my opinion, we all forum members who are now here in Canada should contact each other and build a yahoo group so that we all can communicate each other and share useful things. If all agree then I can create a yahoo group and ask all to join.

Rana bhai I am also in Mississauga. PM me your contact details and email so that we can communicate.

Thanks,
Muneer

courtly21

Jun 5, 2011
muneer01 said:
Dear Rana Bhai,

Good to hear that you are now in Canada. Yes the same guy came to me as well at the airport asked me for the trolley but I told him that I will do it myself as there were trollies available for CAD 2. I just grabbed one and put all my luggage on it and came out.

You are right that our country is very beautiful, we realize this when we go out from Pakistan. I was also thinking to go back to Pakistan and join my old job there as I also heard stories here regarding the job situation and monthly expenses, as its very difficult initially to bear expenses as we spend in dollars here what we had earned in Pakistan in Pak Ruppee so it hurts :-( ... every time I buy anything I first used to calculate it in Pak ruppee and it make more difficult for me to buy :)

Yes you are right that initial period is difficult and challenging, so you need to be cool and dont think going back bcoz this will not let you settle here in Canada. Just try to find an odd job asap and apply jobs in your respective field through the internet. I recommend workopolis.com, monster.ca, jobbank.ca and careerbuilder. These website are good.

In my opinion, we all forum members who are now here in Canada should contact each other and build a yahoo group so that we all can communicate each other and share useful things. If all agree then I can create a yahoo group and ask all to join.

Rana bhai I am also in Mississauga. PM me your contact details and email so that we can communicate.

Thanks,
Muneer

Really things are not that much easy even in Canada, Uk or Australia ctc even after getting visa. Everything is getting tough now, i think everyone should make mind to initially work as LABOUR Class and for odd jobs coz they require education and experience of Canadian universities and companies for white collar or office jobs in Canada. Majority of the Asians including Pakistanis are doing odd jobs in Canada, even doctors, engineers coz they don't recognize our education there. Majority there are doing odd jobs, taxi driving even doctors and engineers also but they don't feel shy coz of majority of Pakistanis......but main thing the dollar conversion rate pays us good. may ALLAH help all of us.

Ranaabdulsami

Oct 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
isb
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.02.2010 Re-medical 10.03.2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
muneer01 said:
Dear Rana Bhai,

Thanks,
Muneer
Dear Muneer sahib!

Aoa. I am really much more pleased to read your reply. You may contact me via email rmhanif@yahoo.com. I will send u my cell no. and we can contact each other in Mississauga. Till todate, it has been three days we are Canada. Bank account and SIN numbers work completed. Now planning to have a driving licence and residential apartments very soon. What is your progress sir till todate.

muneer01

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Med's Request
9th March 2010
Med's Done....
16th March 2010
Passport Req..
Feb 2011
VISA ISSUED...
3rd March 2011 (expiry 16th March 2011)
LANDED..........
12th March 2011
courtly21 said:
Really things are not that much easy even in Canada, Uk or Australia ctc even after getting visa. Everything is getting tough now, i think everyone should make mind to initially work as LABOUR Class and for odd jobs coz they require education and experience of Canadian universities and companies for white collar or office jobs in Canada. Majority of the Asians including Pakistanis are doing odd jobs in Canada, even doctors, engineers coz they don't recognize our education there. Majority there are doing odd jobs, taxi driving even doctors and engineers also but they don't feel shy coz of majority of Pakistanis......but main thing the dollar conversion rate pays us good. may ALLAH help all of us.
Agree with you courtly, here they only recognize canadian education and canadian work experience. For getting canadian education certificate there are organization/universities like University of Toronto who gives equivalent certificate for all international degrees so we can avail this facility to add in our resume. For Canadian work experience, new comers can enroll in Govt funded programs like IWES in which they train new comers for 6 weeks and then place them in companies as per their qualification and experience as an internee paid/unpaid to get Canadian work experience to include in the resume.

But all this takes time and if we dont have enough funds for atleast 6 months it will be very difficult to survive.

atif_engr

Jul 28, 2011
i applied under ainp stream and in feb 2011 i received a mail that my case will be finalized in islamabad. i got my med in march 11 and my family got med in july 2011.how much time should i have to wait for ppr to receive?is there any requirement to show proof of funds in my case?

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PPR should come in 2-4 months...may take a bit longer if security check process lingers on.........they can ask for proof of funds again with ppr...although its rare they do that at that stage...

atif_engr said:
i applied under ainp stream and in feb 2011 i received a mail that my case will be finalized in islamabad. i got my med in march 11 and my family got med in july 2011.how much time should i have to wait for ppr to receive?is there any requirement to show proof of funds in my case?

ShoaibZ

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad-transferred to-London June 26th 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2008
Doc's Request.
04-02-2009
AOR Received.
30-08-2008
IELTS Request
14-10-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
27-05-2011
Med's Done....
09-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 10-04-2012 PPR-2 08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2012
haral said:
PPR should come in 2-4 months...may take a bit longer if security check process lingers on.........they can ask for proof of funds again with ppr...although its rare they do that at that stage...
atif_en[quote author=atif_engr said:
Dear atif, Haral is right, as I got my med request in May 2011 and along with that they asked for fresh proof of funds and fresh PCC.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you have a job offer over there???? if you do than you may not need it but do check with others to be sure...If you dont have a job offer in that category than POF is a requirement..I dont know much about PNP so thats why i am developing these scenarios...

atif_engr said:
but i have applied under provincial nominee category. for this they require proof of funds or not?

toronto2011

May 22, 2011
kazkaz said:
Dear all I am in Toronto can anybody help me for any job, its been two months since my landing here , but could not get any survival job!! :(

kazkaz,

please don't loose heart, it's initial phase, we all have come a long way, waited for this immigration. But there will be easy time after bad time. I hope you will get a job soon. I am in Edmonton Alberta, here jobs are available but definitely you can't move from Ontario to Alberta for a survival job. However, my humble advice for those who are still planning there landing is try to find some other horizon than Toronto.

regards,

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hos's your english??? if its good than have you tried out call centers...they pay quite well and it can become a career job as well....for jobs you can also get in touch with Qorax...he will guide you to contact certain people in placement agencies and hopefully InshALLAH you will get one soon.

toronto2011 said:
kazkaz,

please don't loose heart, it's initial phase, we all have come a long way, waited for this immigration. But there will be easy time after bad time. I hope you will get a job soon. I am in Edmonton Alberta, here jobs are available but definitely you can't move from Ontario to Alberta for a survival job. However, my humble advice for those who are still planning there landing is try to find some other horizon than Toronto.

regards,