+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC Islamabad - How long CHC-Isb keeps passports for issuance of visa

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Guys I have a quick question. I am in process of sponsoring my wife from Pakistan. On March 18, 2012 she received a letter and a form from CHC Islamabad saying that her visa was ready for issuance but before that she'll have to provide a proper mailing address, family info, photos etc. but there was no specific instruction to submit the passport so she didn't send her passport. Later on April 24 she received a phone call from CHC Islamabad saying that she was supposed to mail passport along with that letter/form. she mailed passports on 26 April 2012. Haven't heard from CHC-Isb so far. Can anybody tell me how long do they keep passports for issuance of visa??? Appreciate your help.

David

fna786

Jan 22, 2011
David88 said:
Guys I have a quick question. I am in process of sponsoring my wife from Pakistan. On March 18, 2012 she received a letter and a form from CHC Islamabad saying that her visa was ready for issuance but before that she'll have to provide a proper mailing address, family info, photos etc. but there was no specific instruction to submit the passport so she didn't send her passport. Later on April 24 she received a phone call from CHC Islamabad saying that she was supposed to mail passport along with that letter/form. she mailed passports on 26 April 2012. Haven't heard from CHC-Isb so far. Can anybody tell me how long do they keep passports for issuance of visa??? Appreciate your help.

David

my husband sent his in on apr 17th...i;ve heard from people who have already gotten visa that it usually takes 4-6 weeks but my husbands now completing his 4th week and nothing not even an status update on the website...ours still shws "in progress" what does yours say?

David88

Apr 7, 2011
Well the online status says the same "In Process". But I think online status will be updated long after your husband has gotten his visa. So in my opinion online status is not that important. Hopefully you will be hearing from them in the coming week. Good Luck :)

Question1234

May 20, 2012
fna786 said:
my husband sent his in on apr 17th...i;ve heard from people who have already gotten visa that it usually takes 4-6 weeks but my husbands now completing his 4th week and nothing not even an status update on the website...ours still shws "in progress" what does yours say?
Have either of you heard back or gotten your (Spouse's Visas?)

Also how do the passports need to be submitted in Islamabad and how are they returned?

Thanks a million guys!

fna786

Jan 22, 2011
Question1234 said:
Have either of you heard back or gotten your (Spouse's Visas?)

Also how do the passports need to be submitted in Islamabad and how are they returned?

Thanks a million guys!
sorry havent been getting on this site much...but no my husbands STILL waiting for his passport! its getting frustrating...

Khilafah5

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
31-08-2011
File Transfer...
15-09-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
10-06-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
David88 said:

David

really soon she should have it back

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Today it's the end of 4th Week and I have still not received my passports back from Islamabad VO.

I had sent a CSI to which they had replied to wait for 4 weeks , if after 4 weeks the situation is same then I may contact the LVO .

Please guide. Should I forward a CSI again today ?

newb003

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David88 said:

David

My wife sent her passport to islamabad on may 14...it's been over 7 weeks and we're still waiting to get it back...I sent islamabad an email last Monday for an update but they haven't replied yet...

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow seven weeks! what are they doing keeping them for so long..
my wife sent hers in last week of june.

newb003 said:
My wife sent her passport to islamabad on may 14...it's been over 7 weeks and we're still waiting to get it back...I sent islamabad an email last Monday for an update but they haven't replied yet...

newb003

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niana.j said:
wow seven weeks! what are they doing keeping them for so long..
my wife sent hers in last week of june.
I have no idea why they're taking so long...all they have to do is stamp the passport and mail it back...hopefully we all get our passports back this week!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Send them a fax inquiry rather than email.

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea seven weeks is crazy....

newb003 said:
I have no idea why they're taking so long...all they have to do is stamp the passport and mail it back...hopefully we all get our passports back this week!

niana.j

May 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
will do...lets see what they do..they have had the passport since June 26... :mad:

canvis2006 said:
Send them a fax inquiry rather than email.

greenleaves

May 4, 2013
i am waiting from the last 17 months for pp return with visa...and now medical is over.. don;t know wt's going on.. :'(