+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC Accra.......wuz up?

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,

Just curious to know if anyone from accra is getting news from CHC these days. The wait seems like eternity! In my own case I applied in April 2002 and heard nothing till August 2006 when I was told to update docs within 60 days. I sent everything except IELTS by October(I could only sit for exams in November)and then sent the results of IELTS in December 2006. Since then again, Accra has been incommunicado. I've sent mails requesting for updates on my application but it's been no response since then. It's really frustrating. So I really will like to know if anyone has heard any news from Accra lately?

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
A-Square,

I'm sorry I dont have an answer to your question but I'll like to know if they specifically asked you to submit the IELTS result.

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
soj,
Thanks man. i keep commiting it to God everyday in prayers.

mot,
Not exactly. But I was told to show proof of proficiency in English Language in addition to all the other documents they requested for. so i decided to send the IELTS report.

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Accra applicants,

What's happening to you guys now? You've been quiet these days. A-square, how far, abeni_okin, what's gwan, Oloye, are you on vacation? Other bros and sis, how are you all?

Febby

Nov 9, 2007
Hi A Square and All Naija on this forum,
I have been a silent member of this forum and I have been reading all the posts from everyone especially my Naigeezie brodas and sistas. As rightly put by MOT, most of the accra applicants have not been sending informations and I beleive this trend started when Soj got his visas and landed. I just want to encourage all of us that this is our Year of "THE NEXT LEVEL" and the same GOD that settled SOJ and his family will also settle the rest of us in Jesus Name - Amen.
Let us keep the hope alive and we shall get there soon.
Back to A square question, I got responce from Accra as per my process and this was early this month i.e. June, 2008. I was requested to provide proof of funds as my wife just put to bed in February 2008 a baby boy. Our baby has gone for his medicals and I have also sent the "proof of fund" to my Case Analyst and it's about TWO weeks now but I am yet to read from her.
I am believing that she will get back to me before this week runs out as we are having about FOUR weeks left for the medicals we (my family & I) first did expires.
But before sending the proof of funds, I got a mail from another person in Accra wanting to know if we can still land if our visas is issued to us TWO weeks before our medicals expires or we can opt to do another medicals so that we can have enough time to prepare our landing but I made her to understand that we are all eager to land.
The process can really be fustrating, but don't worry, we shall ALL get there. I started mine in Nov 2001 after my wedding and I really started receiving correspondence from accra last year June (2007).
My Naija brodas & sistas, let's come online, the forum needs our input. PEACEEEEEEeeeeeee

Febby[/color]

megastu12

Jul 23, 2007
Febby,

This is encouraging. I submitted my application in February 2007 and got AOR in June 2007. Since then i have not heard anything from them. Men dis naija don tire person. I wonder when dem go start with my file.

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi Febby,

Congrats as I know that you're almost there!
Febby, yes I did deliberately keep silent. I just wanted to chill as there wasn't anything fantastic coming from CHC since my last post. Moreso, work has been a bit hectic these days as I do a lot of travelling around 9ja.
Incidentally, in between all these, I still got another request for update from CHC in May asking for proof of funds, police cert, letters 4rm past and present employers, updated CV, filled forms imm0008 general, schedule1, schedule 3 and additional family info form, recent passports for all family members. I was given 60 days to submit all these. So, I've also had to spend time sorting out all these requirements and sending them to CHC. Considering the waiting time, I won't consider this as anything fantastic!

Febby

Nov 9, 2007
megastu12,
I am sure with the proposed new rules, yours will be sorted out soon. Let us keep the faith and our expectations shall be met. Just be expectant as this is my slogan and before you knew it, you'll be there.

A-Square,
Thanks for the mail and I am sure yours too as well as all the Naija doing the processing. With the new requsts from them to you, I want to believe that they are still processing your file. Have you done medicals? If yes, se,you still have enough months left before it expires? Well, sha, not to worry, we'll keep talking to Baba God and I know that for all the Naijas on this forum and's seeking to move to Canada, this is our year and we shall be there.
XCheers to all !!!!

promise

Jun 28, 2008
HI FEBBY,

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR CONTRIBUTION ON THIS FORUM, SO INTERESTING.A FRIEND OF MINE GAVE ME THIS SITE, I WANT TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER TO CANADA BUT I AM A BIT WITHDRAWING BECAUSE ALL THE NIAJA BROS AND SIS HERE ARE COMPLAINING OF LONG PROCESSING TIME, I WOULD LIKE TO FINISH PROCESS B/W 8 TO 12 MONTHS BUT IAM SEEING PEOPLE WHO SAID THE APPLIES SINCE 2001 AND STILL ON IT UP TILL NOW.

FEBBY DID YOU USE ANY IMMIGRATION EXPERT BASE IN CANADA? I MEAN LAW FIRM IN CANADA. I WANT TO CHOOSE FROM TWO LAW FIRMS I WAS INTRODUCED TO, ABRAMS AND KROOCHAKS SOLICITORS OR ONE DAVID COHEN CHAMBERS THAT HAS THIS SITE CANADAVISA.COM

KINDLY ADVICE ME ON HOW TO GO ABOUT MY CONFUSING STATUS AS A NAIJA BROS.
ALSO PLS WHAT ARE ALL THE DOCUMENTS I WILL NEED TO PUT IN PLACE? AND DO I NEED TO WRITE EXAM ON PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE?IELTS?
REGARDS BROS.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
my naija people,how u dey.i vent abandoned the forum or my naija people.sincei came back,i ve been very busy.guys keep faith x things will work out soon.am still in naija.cheers

Febby

Nov 9, 2007
Re: CHC Accra.......wuz up- Asked to come for our Visas?

To All My NAIJA People,
Song: E don do am again.... in a Biggie way
Jehovah don do am again.... in a Biggie way...

To GOD be the glory!! I have been asked to cme in person to pick up my visa as well as that of my family member. The mail was sent on Thursday 3rd July, 2008 and in the mail, they requested to see our tickets to be sure we can land before 25th of July, when our medicals will expire.
To the glory of Almighty GOD. I have purchased the tickets for our travelling to Toronto and from there to Calgary which is our final destination. I was asked to come in any of the Mondays and that the visas will be issued the same day. I will be leaving Port Harcourt for Accra enroute Lagos on Sunday and to be at the Embassy early momo on Monday.
My Naija Bros and Sis in this forum, The good LORD that did it for TITO, SOJ and for Mi will visit you this year of THE NEXT LEVEL. Never loose focus......
For mi, the journey that started in YR 2001 will come to pass as we land on the 23rd of this month.
Grettings to ABeni-oke, Oloye, A-sqaured,MOT, and the rest I can't mention. Cheers

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
Febby,

Congratulations oooo. May God perfect everyother thing that concerns you and yr family members iro yr relocation to Calgary. Pls give us all the landing, etc gists. We are waiting!
Once again, congrats. All is well that ends well.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS.

Let me know if you need any job hunting help in Calgary. My friend lives there but I live in the US.

Congratulations and save journey.