+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing study permit to perminant residency

Mulhem89

Nov 2, 2010
hello,

this might sound a bit stupid but my head is spinning around this subject.
I am a student in Quebec been here for almost a year as an international student (study permit) and i wish to change my status to a Perminant Resident.
i heard that it is possible to do that after a year of my arrival. i want to know if that is possible to do and how can i do it.
i have more than 2 years left for my undergraduate degree to finish thus i cant wait for 12 month before i graduate, and my life would be much easier as a PR.

If you have any valid information on this subject please help me out,

Thank you.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
important topic guys, every one need it. Plz guide

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no automatic or easy PR just because you have been in Canada for 1 year. Look at Quebec immigration like Reindeer said. Try to find something you qualify for.

Since Quebec has their own separate immigration program, you can not really look at the programs for the rest of Canada as they would require you to promise that you are planning on settling outside Canada and you are still studying in Quebec for 2 more years.

goldenbrown

Jan 11, 2011
Vancouver
Hello,

The fact that you have been living in Canada for some period of time is not sufficient enough to get a PR.
First - You must have a job offer, second - the job should be on the list of required jobs in Canada (in this case it will
be realatively easier to get a PR), so not every job can guarantee a PR status will be received.

Good luck!