+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing noc code after ita

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi All,

Can we change our noc codes after receiving ITA. The profile remains the same but after studying r&r multiple times I thing I am better suited for 2173 than 2171.
Any thoughts? Also duties match partially with both nocs

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
It's fine as long as you aren't PNP

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
I also have a similar question, while creating EE profile I used NOC code '2173' which falls under skill level 'A' but while I was drafting my reference letter found out that my job duties match which NOC code '2283' which fall under skill level 'B'. Can I change my NOC code after receiving ITA under FSW and add LOE. Or I should decline ITA and wait for second draw? Can this be a cause rejection? Please help

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
hk22 said:
I also have a similar question, while creating EE profile I used NOC code '2173' which falls under skill level 'A' but while I was drafting my reference letter found out that my job duties match which NOC code '2283' which fall under skill level 'B'. Can I change my NOC code after receiving ITA under FSW and add LOE. Or I should decline ITA and wait for second draw? Can this be a cause rejection? Please help
It doesn't matter if it's changing from A to B as both are skilled. You can just change and mention in LOE.

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
Thanks kryt0n

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
Hi,

I submitted my application on 22nd march, not update yet.

I changed my NOC code and explained it in LOE. I sent an email to ‘NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca’ regarding changing of NOC code post ITA and received following reply - "When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties. We encourage you to choose the NOC code that corresponds to the education and experience required by your employer as well as to the majority of your main duties.".

But they didn't say anything about whether you can change NOC post ITA or not.

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

I submitted my application on 22nd march, not update yet.

I changed my NOC code and explained it in LOE. I sent an email to ‘NC-NOC-CNP-GD2@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca’ regarding changing of NOC code post ITA and received following reply - "When determining your NOC code, even though the job title and the employment requirements are important, emphasis is placed on the main duties. We encourage you to choose the NOC code that corresponds to the education and experience required by your employer as well as to the majority of your main duties.".

But they didn't say anything about whether you can change NOC post ITA or not.
Hi there, I know its very old thread, but my situation matches with yours'. I am Automation Software testing professional, I applied under 2283-B category, I received ITA and we applied for PR. But we didn't hear anything back from IRCC yet, however people applied in Category A NOC codes with similar timelines already get their Passport Request mails. I am wondering does NOC code really matter with processing time of PR application? Could you please throw your experience here? Thanks in advance.

raindrops

Aug 13, 2018
Hi there, I know its very old thread, but my situation matches with yours'. I am Automation Software testing professional, I applied under 2283-B category, I received ITA and we applied for PR. But we didn't hear anything back from IRCC yet, however people applied in Category A NOC codes with similar timelines already get their Passport Request mails. I am wondering does NOC code really matter with processing time of PR application? Could you please throw your experience here? Thanks in advance.
How did you proceed finally?/