+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

changing mailing address from Canadian to United States while PPR

jss117

Star Member
May 14, 2014
I am currently in USA and planning to stay here for another 2 months. I already got passport request from CIC and I only have 20 days left to submit passport for stamping.

In the CIC email I am told to inform them if there is any change in status like relation or address.
Also they have said in email that

If you have a mailing address in the United States: To allow you to track your passports through the mail, we strongly recommend that you purchase a pre-paid shipping label from Canada Post and include it with your passports and a copy of this letter. Follow the link to purchase your shipping label:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
In this case do I have to first inform them to change my mailing address in order to receive my passport in USA or should I simply send a prepaid shipping label with US address on it so it can come back to USA rather than going to Canadian mailing address on the file.

please advice

thomas2171

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-07-2014
Med's Done....
28-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-10-2014
I would say send them an email ( CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ) with your new mailing address in US, and then send your passports with the US return mail address. Don't wait for CIC to acknowledge the change of address as you do not have much time on your hand.

But keep checking ECAS as my address got updated within few days of acknowledgment.