+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing kid from non accompanying to accompanying after COPR

Jul 1, 2019
Hi,

My spouse and me applied for PR via Express Entry and got the COPR in June of this year. We plan on doing our initial landing in November of this year.

We have a 7 month old baby (USA Citizen) that we had included in the application but mentioned as non accompanying. Since, we did not plan on bringing her to Canada right away until we were settled here. Due to a change in circumstance, we intend on bringing her to Canada with us right away.

I had read online that you could change her status to Accompanying even now since we had not landed yet. Is this correct? If yes, can you please help me with the way to go about this. Also, will this cause any issue with our COPR?

Thanks and Regards,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

My spouse and me applied for PR via Express Entry and got the COPR in June of this year. We plan on doing our initial landing in November of this year.

We have a 7 month old baby (USA Citizen) that we had included in the application but mentioned as non accompanying. Since, we did not plan on bringing her to Canada right away until we were settled here. Due to a change in circumstance, we intend on bringing her to Canada with us right away.

I had read online that you could change her status to Accompanying even now since we had not landed yet. Is this correct? If yes, can you please help me with the way to go about this. Also, will this cause any issue with our COPR?

Thanks and Regards,
Contact IRCC using the IRCC’s Web Form. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If not the child can enter Canada as a visitor and you can sponsor him/her while in Canada. Depending on the province the child will not have access to healthcare and you’ll need to pay for emergency coverage. All depends on whether you are wanting to land soon or you are happy to delay landing for a few months.