+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job to get LMIA !!!!

Harmanjot

Feb 28, 2013
HI Guys,

Quick question -
Right now I have more than 1 year of work experience in Ontario and if my company doesn't go with LMIA or PNP I need to change the job to get LMIA
COncern is if I change my job to get LMIA will I still get points for my 1 year work experience I have ? Or that will be of no worth as I changed the job and previous job was not LMIA approved ? I'm on a PGWP work permit right now.

Please shed some lights on it.

Thanks
Harman

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harmanjot said:
HI Guys,

Quick question -
Right now I have more than 1 year of work experience in Ontario and if my company doesn't go with LMIA or PNP I need to change the job to get LMIA
COncern is if I change my job to get LMIA will I still get points for my 1 year work experience I have ? Or that will be of no worth as I changed the job and previous job was not LMIA approved ? I'm on a PGWP work permit right now.

Please shed some lights on it.

Thanks
Harman
Yes, you will get points for that experience. I am in exactly same situation. See the topic I initiated Options for PGWP holders.

pixelfrontier

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bear in mind that a new company that is willing to get you a LMIA to hire you will still have to go through the normal LMIA process that supposedly takes between 2 and 4 months but has been reported to take longer than that.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pixelfrontier said:
Bear in mind that a new company that is willing to get you a LMIA to hire you will still have to go through the normal LMIA process that supposedly takes between 2 and 4 months but has been reported to take longer than that.
But in case where employer is willing to support the permanent residency application, wouldn't it take 10 days to process?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, LMIA application process is the same length of time whether its to support a PR application or to get a working permit. Either way they need to go through the same process to prove they can't find a Canadian with the skills they need. 2-5 months.