+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing IELTS after receiving ITA

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I submitted my EE application and received points according to the following IELTS results I provided:
Reading: 8
Listening: 7.5 *(CLB 8 )
Writing: 8
Speaking: 8.5

*Now I realize that the Listening section is rather low and I could get more points on my application if I redo the IELTS and get a better score on Listening, I will get more points for Language Proficiency (provided all four sections are CLB 9 and above).

My question is: Does it matter if I submit new IELTS results after I got my ITA? And is it taken into account when calculating the new scores manually by the case worker or does my old test only apply ?

Thanks very much

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
After you have recieved your ITA, your CRS does not matter

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
xpressentry said:
After you have recieved your ITA, your CRS does not matter
It does since I figured out that I was awarded more points than I should have, due to an error in the software, and when the officer manually evaluates my profile he/she will decrease my number of points accordingly, which will put me below the threshold for the minimum number of points for the current round of invitations. So I need to find something to makeup for that loss of points and the IELTS are the only thing I can think of.

PS: The discrepancy is with my work hours. I have a lot of hours/week in my jobs so the system calculated the total number of hours and it is more than what is normally needed for 3 years of work experience (even though I actually only have 2 years). So my scores will be different once assessed properly.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
thanks for the clarification. you can update your IELTS and mention it in the LoE. you would need to take the test and get the results before the ITA expires

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
xpressentry said:
thanks for the clarification. you can update your IELTS and mention it in the LoE. you would need to take the test and get the results before the ITA expires
Ah!!!

Continuing to the above question if my IELTS expires nearly after the period of ITA that I received. What I've to do in that case?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
rthoguluva said:
Ah!!!

Continuing to the above question if my IELTS expires nearly after the period of ITA that I received. What I've to do in that case?
the IELTS should be valid at the time of submitting eAPR

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
xpressentry said:
I received my ITA last week, so I have 80 something days left, I think we're good :)

I just wanted to check if I can actually update my IELTS results and be considered for the current ITA I have.

thank you

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
xpressentry said:
the IELTS should be valid at the time of submitting eAPR
Understood, Your have confirmed that I need to retake the test.
But what if my score goes down while taking second test (because based on score I have received ITA).

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
rthoguluva said:
Understood, Your have confirmed that I need to retake the test.
But what if my score goes down while taking second test (because based on score I have received ITA).
Quote from: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf - top of page 32

Note: Points for the applicant’s language proficiency are generally awarded according to evidence provided at the time the application is made. However, if further study, training, or testing is completed and documentation submitted between the time of application and the time of assessment, officers will use the most current results to determine point allocations. In terms of designated language test results, officers will NOT select the highest score for each language ability from a variety of test score submissions. It is always the most recent group of tests that will be considered by officer as it is the most current assessment of the applicant’s four language abilities.

So in short, they will take the best result out of the 2 you provided to calculate your current score.

Reactions: Punjamkalkal

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
HassanH said:
Quote from: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf - top of page 32

Note: Points for the applicant’s language proficiency are generally awarded according to evidence provided at the time the application is made. However, if further study, training, or testing is completed and documentation submitted between the time of application and the time of assessment, officers will use the most current results to determine point allocations. In terms of designated language test results, officers will NOT select the highest score for each language ability from a variety of test score submissions. It is always the most recent group of tests that will be considered by officer as it is the most current assessment of the applicant’s four language abilities.

So in short, they will take the best result out of the 2 you provided to calculate your current score.
It looks like most recent will be considered is what there from your short notes

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Here it is mentioned: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

"If you submit more than one valid test, we will use the test with the highest scores to assess your application.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
HassanH said:
Hello everyone,

I submitted my EE application and received points according to the following IELTS results I provided:
Reading: 8
Listening: 7.5 *(CLB 8 )
Writing: 8
Speaking: 8.5

*Now I realize that the Listening section is rather low and I could get more points on my application if I redo the IELTS and get a better score on Listening, I will get more points for Language Proficiency (provided all four sections are CLB 9 and above).

My question is: Does it matter if I submit new IELTS results after I got my ITA? And is it taken into account when calculating the new scores manually by the case worker or does my old test only apply ?

Thanks very much
You should decline your ITA. Because you have mentioned wrong scores in the first place. Ielts result must be before tha date of ITA

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
fatani said:
You should decline your ITA. Because you have mentioned wrong scores in the first place. Ielts result must be before tha date of ITA
I didn't submit wrong scores, my scores are right. I just want to retake the test to get higher scores, and it says on the website that "If you submit more than one valid test, we will use the test with the highest scores to assess your application."
Does that only apply before the ITA? If I put new IELTS scores and my points increase, does it really matter?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
HassanH said:
I didn't submit wrong scores, my scores are right. I just want to retake the test to get higher scores, and it says on the website that "If you submit more than one valid test, we will use the test with the highest scores to assess your application."
Does that only apply before the ITA? If I put new IELTS scores and my points increase, does it really matter?
Look you need to include ECA and IELTS reference number when you make your profile at that time before ITA you can include as many IELTS results as possible.

Your test date must be before ITA date and how are your scores are correct since you have not taken a test yet?

This way for example anyone with CRS 380 can enter CLB 9 level scores which will bump the CRS to 440 just to receive ITA early and get the score afterwards. This causes misrepresentation which means 5 yrs ban.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
HassanH said:
For example

I have a score of 370 and I just saw that scores are dropping and I am fearing that anytime scores can go up so why not enter CLB 9 level IELTS score to get my points up to 430 so i get the ITA and try to retake IELTS to get that score who knows after 3 months scores can go upto 460.

By the above mentioned way system can be misused^