+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing home address after application to Citizenship

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
Some changes address after he apply for Citizenship and his file in process, what he should do and where he will get his Citizenship test

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Desert Lion said:
Some changes address after he apply for Citizenship and his file in process, what he should do and where he will get his Citizenship test
1. Informs CIC of new address.
2. Test will be at CIC closest to new address.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and of course this will delay the process because it takes some time to transfer to the other office.

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
I just changed the address online. If it is within the same city like in Winnipeg where there is only one office it wont make a difference. I have changed my address about 3 times during the whole process but always in the same city so same local office. It may be different for a place like Toronto where there is several offices.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, If the application has been already transferred to a local office. If the application is still in Sydney , it won't cause any delay.

Goldline said:
and of course this will delay the process because it takes some time to transfer to the other office.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gonaaaa said:
I just changed the address online. If it is within the same city like in Winnipeg where there is only one office it wont make a difference. I have changed my address about 3 times during the whole process but always in the same city so same local office. It may be different for a place like Toronto where there is several offices.
Just a word of caution that if you update your address online via E-cas there is no guarantee that CIC will send the letter to that address. Their datebase is rusty and I am not sure if they even check it for address purposes. Your best bet is to call the call center and inform that (sometimes that does not work either because a friend of mine call the call center 2 times they still sent the invite letter to the wrong address.. maybe send them a letter and a fax to your procesing office as well...

most importantly, check your Ecas for the test invite (but again sometimes that late as well)...