+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Course going to saskatchewan

spadesdoctor

Nov 16, 2011
[size=10pt]Dear all,
I want to change my course from concordia university to a college in Saskatchewan as u got eligible to apply for pr after getting degree from Saskatchewan state. Is it true? Please reply ASAP as I am going to Canada in a week.
[/size]

tiger007

Champion Member
spadesdoctor said:
[size=10pt]Dear all,
I want to change my course from concordia university to a college in Saskatchewan as u got eligible to apply for pr after getting degree from Saskatchewan state. Is it true? Please reply ASAP as I am going to Canada in a week.
[/size]
Hi,
To change into a college in Sask. province , the credential level and area of study of your programme will matter. There are only 2 colleges and 2 universities in entire Sask. province. And none of those 2 college offer PG level courses such as PG cert./diploma.
You don't need to study in Sask. province to apply for Sask. PNP. You can do it after studying in any 1 year full time course, anywhere in Canada.

Zee Ishaq

Feb 9, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,
To change into a college in Sask. province , the credential level and area of study of your programme will matter. There are only 2 colleges and 2 universities in entire Sask. province. And none of those 2 college offer PG level courses such as PG cert./diploma.
You don't need to study in Sask. province to apply for Sask. PNP. You can do it after studying in any 1 year full time course, anywhere in Canada.

1 year full time course??? does this includes certificate/diplomas???
I am in UK doing MA International Business Management after MBA Finance and B.Com, IELTS 6.5(S-7, L-6, W-6, R-6).
My visa is expiring in Jan-2013. Kindly suggest me a low fee college/uni with minimum duration course. I want to apply this september. I heard you can only apply from one country to another country other then your home country if your visa is valid for atleast 6 months.
Kind response requested.

tiger007

Champion Member
Zee Ishaq said:
1 year full time course??? does this includes certificate/diplomas???
I am in UK doing MA International Business Management after MBA Finance and B.Com, IELTS 6.5(S-7, L-6, W-6, R-6).
My visa is expiring in Jan-2013. Kindly suggest me a low fee college/uni with minimum duration course. I want to apply this september. I heard you can only apply from one country to another country other then your home country if your visa is valid for atleast 6 months.
Kind response requested.
Hi,
Yes. It includes ANY course full time 1 year. After you get 1 year Post grad Work permit.. you can after working for 6 months, apply for Sask. PNP.

However, during submission of your student visa application, you must not apply for a course lower than your present credential and the course should be in your previous area of study/ work ex/ related field so as to avoid course mismatch. Here for Canada, getting student visa is way tougher as compared to other countries where you can throw money and you get to study.. this is probably because they are restricting the number of students entering Canada by preferring only the genuine students, as candidly speaking, it's comparatively much easier to get PR in Canada after your studies.

Many Master degree holders from countries like India, Pakistan etc. apply for comparatively cheaper, much easier to enter 1 or 2 years PG certificate/diploma at any colleges across Canada, as compared to Master's /PGD's at Canadian universities which have higher entry requirements.

But, since you already pursuing a 2nd Masters... it's really hard to say if you will get accepted into PG cert/diploma programmes at colleges and and u must look for entering a reputed Master's degree (with or without thesis based) or better a PhD!
So, complete your course.. and try to enter a competitive PhD or atleast a Master's degree at a reputed Canadian univ. This is purely my opinion and other's are welcome to add!

Best of Luck

Zee Ishaq

Feb 9, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,
Yes. It includes ANY course full time 1 year. After you get 1 year Post grad Work permit.. you can after working for 6 months, apply for Sask. PNP.

However, during submission of your student visa application, you must not apply for a course lower than your present credential and the course should be in your previous area of study/ work ex/ related field so as to avoid course mismatch. Here for Canada, getting student visa is way tougher as compared to other countries where you can throw money and you get to study.. this is probably because they are restricting the number of students entering Canada by preferring only the genuine students, as candidly speaking, it's comparatively much easier to get PR in Canada after your studies.

Many Master degree holders from countries like India, Pakistan etc. apply for comparatively cheaper, much easier to enter 1 or 2 years PG certificate/diploma at any colleges across Canada, as compared to Master's /PGD's at Canadian universities which have higher entry requirements.

But, since you already pursuing a 2nd Masters... it's really hard to say if you will get accepted into PG cert/diploma programmes at colleges and and u must look for entering a reputed Master's degree (with or without thesis based) or better a PhD!
So, complete your course.. and try to enter a competitive PhD or atleast a Master's degree at a reputed Canadian univ. This is purely my opinion and other's are welcome to add!

Best of Luck
+1

Thank you very much for your response and valuable time. This helped a lot :)
This means I’ve to take admission in atleast Master’s or Ph.d.
Admission in Ph.d would be difficult for me as my grades in my both Master’s degrees are between 55-60% :( so I’ll go for Master’s programme. What if I apply visa on the basis of Master’s programme or P.hd (if any Uni agrees to accept me on these grades :)) and change the course right after landing there ;), will it be possible to get a refund of College/University tuition fees already deposited for Master’s/Ph.d???
And
Please suggest me a college/Uni who charge fee at the time of registration not at the time of acceptance so I can easily switch the course?
Prompt response appreciated.

tiger007

Champion Member
Zee Ishaq said:
+1

Thank you very much for your response and valuable time. This helped a lot :)
This means I've to take admission in atleast Master's or Ph.d.
Admission in Ph.d would be difficult for me as my grades in my both Master's degrees are between 55-60% :( so I'll go for Master's programme. What if I apply visa on the basis of Master's programme or P.hd (if any Uni agrees to accept me on these grades :)) and change the course right after landing there ;), will it be possible to get a refund of College/University tuition fees already deposited for Master's/Ph.d???
And
Please suggest me a college/Uni who charge fee at the time of registration not at the time of acceptance so I can easily switch the course?
Prompt response appreciated.
Hi,
As I mentioned above... the entry requirements for Canadian universities are much higher... and this includes A MINIMUM B AVERAGE or 70% SCORE IN YOUR LAST 2 YEARS OF STUDY ( USUALLY BACHELOR'S / 1ST MASTER etc. and you need to contact individual Universities for specific requirements) for admission to a Master degree course in Most universities. Some may accept 55%-60% such as VIU (Vancouver Island University), a bit lower level University for their MBA programme (even though they too 've mentioned min B average as requirement) and no GMAT/work ex required for VIU MBA ,but at the same time you complete MBA in 14 months (4 months internship) and on top get 3 years PGWP!. I suggest, since you already hold/will hold 2 Master degrees... you atleast opt for an VIU level MBA or similar programme... Contact VIU and ask them if you may be eligible.
I feel this as the best option for available to you!

I cannot comment on switching/ transferring of course or fees refund policy of individual Universities... You need to contact them and present your case.

Consult others/ other sources too.

Best of luck.

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
spadesdoctor said:
[size=10pt]Dear all,
[/size]
What were your reasons to change from this particular Degree course(MISSM) CUCA.
Any negative feedbacks