+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing course after student visa issued-: URGENT

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Hi Guys
One of my friend has taken admission in conestoga college for Jan 2017 session but now due to some emergencies she is unable to attend jan session so she wants to choose some other course for may session in same college. Her consultant is saying that even if she selects different course she will have to reapply for student visa. If anyone has some experience in this please advice if she will have to reapply student visa or not.?
Please guide it's very urgent

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

bornhunter said:
Hi Guys
One of my friend has taken admission in conestoga college for Jan 2017 session but now due to some emergencies she is unable to attend jan session so she wants to choose some other course for may session in same college. Her consultant is saying that even if she selects different course she will have to reapply for student visa. If anyone has some experience in this please advice if she will have to reapply student visa or not.?
Please guide it's very urgent

1. So, what will be her status from Jan to May? As per SP rules, students must remain enrolled all the time. How will you justify gap at the time of PGWP application?
2. No need to reapply for study visa.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
J5M said:
Hi,
1. So, what will be her status from Jan to May? As per SP rules, students must remain enrolled all the time. How will you justify gap at the time of PGWP application?
2. No need to reapply for study visa.
Thanks for the response . Actually we have found a guy for him who is Canadian PR so we were thinking they both can do court marriage during her studies and then she would be able to apply for dependent PR.?
Please let me know if this is possible or not,