+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing correspondence from immgration consultant to myself

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
I had applied for the canadian immgration and got an AOR. I had applied using the help of the immigration consultant. The immigration consultant do all the correspondence with the canadian embassy. I want to handle all the correspondance by myself to avoid any future delays. Will it be a good idea to do it? And how should I do this change? Please advice. Thanks.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
It really depends on you, how far you are into the process, and how comfortable you are that your application won't run into problems.

You can make the change simply by contacting the CIC office handling your application and notifying them that you will no longer be using a representative. You'll also need to notify your representative so that they aren't confusing CIC by contacting them about your case.

Keep in mind that you may still owe some fees to your representative even if you don't continue to use them.

If I were you, I would at least wait until you receive initial approval of your application (i.e., when they ask for medicals, police records, etc.). By that time, it's much more unlikely that something will go wrong with your case.

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
Thanks for your advice. I agree and will continue with the service from the representative. Thanks again