+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes while PR is being processed

dry23a49

Jan 12, 2015
Hi There,
I sent my CEC application on July 28, 2014. The money has been taken out of my account on Sept 30 and when I log in it shows my application has been received etc.
2 questions:

1) I got married in Canada to a Canadian Citizen during September 2014. I have emailed CIC with the marriage cert etc. Do you think this will in any way delay my application?

2) I have a restricted (to one employer) work permit to 2016 and in negotiation for a new job outside of this company. They are experienced enough to be able to transfer my work permit. What i would like to know is what ramification does this possible change of employer have on my PR application that has already been submitted with my existing employers reference letters, pay stubs, T4's etc etc.

Any help would be really apprecaited
regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dry23a49 said:
Hi There,
I sent my CEC application on July 28, 2014. The money has been taken out of my account on Sept 30 and when I log in it shows my application has been received etc.
2 questions:

1) I got married in Canada to a Canadian Citizen during September 2014. I have emailed CIC with the marriage cert etc. Do you think this will in any way delay my application?

2) I have a restricted (to one employer) work permit to 2016 and in negotiation for a new job outside of this company. They are experienced enough to be able to transfer my work permit. What i would like to know is what ramification does this possible change of employer have on my PR application that has already been submitted with my existing employers reference letters, pay stubs, T4's etc etc.

Any help would be really apprecaited
regards
1. It will not make any difference to your application's processing time.
2. You would need a new LMIA and new work permit before you could start working for the new company. There is no "transferring" of work permits.
3. See above.

dry23a49

Jan 12, 2015
Thanks PMM for the speedy reply,

I am OK with the company obtaining a new work permit as they are well versed in doing that. (other previous collegues have left and gone through the same process with this company, so i know it works)

My concern is with my PR Application. If i have already submitted it with all the back up of my exsisting employer, will i need new employer references etc?

Will i jepodise my PR application if i do move employers during the processing of my PR..?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dry23a49 said:
2) I have a restricted (to one employer) work permit to 2016 and in negotiation for a new job outside of this company. They are experienced enough to be able to transfer my work permit.

You can't transfer a work permit, as PMM has already indicated.

What i would like to know is what ramification does this possible change of employer have on my PR application that has already been submitted with my existing employers reference letters, pay stubs, T4's etc etc.

None. CEC class applications are based on the work experience you completed before you applied, not after. There is no employer "sponsorship" in CEC applications (unlike FSW/Arranged Employment).

dry23a49

Jan 12, 2015
Thanks a lot jes_ON

I thought as much, PR is not sponsored as such so great to hear, if i can get the new employer to change over work permit ill move!
thanks for the assistance