+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changes on Oct 11, 2017 - Executive summary/FAQ C-6

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
if you were self employed u just put that and your current phone#, usually they dont call if were self employed, they will check first cra about employment & addresses then if their is issues they will make calls, for them to make calls is last thing they want to do as its time consuming and only done if their is probelem.
IRCC can only see the applicant's current address through cra

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Can we put the application date with signature as post dated with one or 2 days in advance ?
This is considering the delay in getting the mail delivered.
Any experiences on this ?
Why would you do that? The delay is a normal thing faced by everyone even if the applicant lives next door to CIC. Its not something unique to you. Even if your application is dated 30 days in the past when CIC receives it, it wont make any difference to the processing. I guess CIC needs it to be dated something like 90 days in the past (not sure of the exact threshold), but its way way way more than what a normal delivery will take.

Ofcourse you can do postdate it, but I dont see the point in doing something like that.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Can we put the application date with signature as post dated with one or 2 days in advance ?
I only have just enough days ....that's why
Signing a citizenship application is NOT like signing a check. The applicant's signature on the application constitutes certification the information in the application is true AS OF THAT DAY.

It is one thing to sign the application showing a date prior to the actual date of signing it. The applicant can do this verifying the accuracy of the information as of that prior date. There is a limit on how much earlier this can be, months I think (if too old, IRCC will consider the application staledated and return it without processing).

But as a matter of reality, of course an applicant CANNOT verify facts which have not yet occurred. So, NO, an applicant cannot legitimately sign the application in advance.

Whether or not this can be done and, in effect, gotten away with, I'd guess many have done this covering a day or a few and did not run into problems. But in general, deciding to be untruthful in the application, in order to gain some small advantage, is a very slippery slope to start down and not where prudent applicants will go.

Example of where this is at risk for problems: sign the application dated December 21, put it in the mail (or give it to someone to mail), and then leave Canada before December 21. Bad idea.

But, in general, bad idea to make any misrepresentations in the application, even those regarding which a person can be very confident they will get away with it. So, not a good idea to claim to sign the application on a day different than the day the application is in fact signed.

BY THE WAY: applications with minimal buffer over the minimum are, of course, at significantly higher risk for non-routine processing and potentially elevated, even skeptical scrutiny. IT IS RARELY, RARELY A GOOD IDEA TO RUSH MAKING THE APPLICATION.

Reactions: sns204

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I only have just enough days ....that's why
you shouldnt cut it so close. just wait a week or two. my theory is you should do it right once. trying to rush through will only land you in trouble. and again eventually you are going to get your citizenship. but cutting corners may result in unnecessary misrepresentation.

but to each their own. do what you think is best.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Decided to sign it on the same day i mail it out.....
Hope this is fine
Yes, that's fine as long as the day you sign is not the 1095th day of your physical presence in Canada. You can only sign it on the 1096th day or later to be eligible.

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hi....Do you know what to be filled in the place on the column address in question 11 of the application form - CIT0002E-2.pdf
Is it our address or employer address ?

What has to be filled in the case of Unemployed or home maker status ? in question 11 of CIT0002E-2.pdf

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi....Do you know what to be filled in the place on the column address in question 11 of the application form - CIT0002E-2.pdf
Is it our address or employer address ?

What has to be filled in the case of Unemployed or home maker status ? in question 11 of CIT0002E-2.pdf
read the FAQ thread. it has answers to this and many more. no point repeating info for everyone.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Not a good practice, IRCC may return your package if Canada post delivers it earlier than your post-dated application date.
Put the same date which you'll be mailing the package to be on the safe side.