+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

change Visitor record status to Visa student

huynhmichelle711

Nov 13, 2016
Hi, Could you please give me some advise what should I do in my case below

I originally come to Canada as a Visa student in 2008. My original study permit application was submitted in Vietnam. I went to high school in Canada for 2 years and then completed 4 year Bachelor degree Administrative Studies at York University (Toronto). After that, I applied Post Graduation work permit (PGWP) and worked in A Canadian Firm as an accounting Coordinator for 2 years . It was valid 3 years then It was finally expired in Mar 2016. Then I apply to extend my stay in Canada as a Visitor. CiC approved my application and provide me a Valid Visitor record which is valid until Dec 2016 .So currently I stay in Canada as a visitor Record. However , I want to back school and Study Hospital and Management in George Brown College since I realise Accounting career path is not for me. I would like to start over again my career in Hospitality and Toursim.

I applied my study permit again online via application form " Application to change conditions , extend my stay or remain in Canada as a student" (IMM5709E). In my application package, I only sent my bank statement, IMM5709E, passport , school offer letter. However, They reject my application and the reason on the refusal letter is as below :

"[X] You are not a person described in Immigration Legislation who can apply for this type of document from within Canada. An application of this type must be made at a Canadian Visa office in another country."

Some people say it should be ok to submit study permit within Canada but i am not sure why I got rejected. Is it due to I did something wrong in my application or there is Laws require me to go back home and apply study permit at my home country because I am in a visitor record in Canada.

Could you please advise what I should do now ? Thank you very much

Alice100

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 08, 2009
Doc's Request.
Sept 2009 and March 28, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
File Transfer...
Sept 2009
Med's Request
March 28, 2011
Med's Done....
May 4 and May 18, 2011
Passport Req..
March 28 but sent on May 26, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 05, 2011
LANDED..........
July 12, 2011
You have 2 options:

- reapply through the Canadian High Commission in Los Angeles or
- reapply through the Embassy that is responsible for your home country

huynhmichelle711

Nov 13, 2016
Alice100 said:
You have 2 options:

- reapply through the Canadian High Commission in Los Angeles or
- reapply through the Embassy that is responsible for your home country
Hi

For the first option, do I need a bio metric application ? I am currently living in Canada